It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:05 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:33 am 
Site Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
**UPDATE: We have made a few updates to the below mentioned patch:

1) Armor will now only make you lose intellegence if you have enough to lose. Pure warriors would have 5 INT, equip full plate, and then when they would unequip it, they would end up with something like 30 INT. Now INT is ONLY lost if you are still above a required amount. This means you warriors can have 1 INT if you want.

2) Healing has been further balanced. Click here to read more about how healing works

I know I must be crazy because yes I released a client side patch just yesterday and today I'm releasing a nice server side patch chalk full of features. The additions are very extensive and important so I suggest you all listen up! Also don't bitch until you read the entire patchlog. There are things you might not like, but other things that make up for it.
  • [--New Features--]
  • 70 Weaker Armors Added - Blacksmiths can now craft their colored ingots into ringmail and chainmail as well as the current platemail. Ringmail and chainmail are considerably easier to succeed in.
  • Rusty Armor Updated - Rusty armor now weighs 1/2 as much as any other armor! This is great for newbies or players who like to carry alot at once.
  • Bronze Armor Updated - Bronze armor now has twice the durability of all other armors. This means a full suit of bronze if preferable to iron because it will last twice as long!
  • Gold Armor Updated - Gold armor now has a random chance to have a +1 to +6 bonus to it's armor rating. This means it is now possible to have a suit of golden armor that provides better defense then shadow!
  • New Mytheril Ore Added - Mytheril is a perfectly new armor that is geared towards mages. All mytheril is enchanted and therefore does not lower your intellegence when worn. This means a mage can wear full plate if desired! The downside is the mytheril is more brittle then the other armors so it may break more quickly if not repaired.
  • New Rose Ore Added - Rose armor is taking the place of blackrock as the strongest mineable armor that can be made. This is the best of the best folks and anyone with a full set should be proud!
  • New Bloodrock Armor Added - A new armor type has appeared from unknown origin. It is believed it's the same origin that has purged the mountains of blackrock ore. There is no knowledge yet on this armor nor what will happen to blackrock, but keep your eyes open as something huge is bound to happen!

[--Balancing Changes--]
  • Healing Skill Changed - Healing has gone from a INT based skill to one of DEX. What this initally means is when you use it, you'll get added bonuses based off your DEX and it can help increase your DEX skill when used over time. Additionally healing now uses up stamina. This is mainly because it's unrealistic to be capable of healing 60+ hitpoints every few seconds also this will give mages a little more of a reason to choose their mystical healing over the skill. The amount of dex you lose is based off your current healing skill and the amount of total capable hitpoints the other player has. Anatomy lowers the amount of stamina used, so the more anatomy skill you have, the less stamina you'll be using up. Also stamina is not required for curing and resurrection. **NOTE: If your healing skill is below 60% you will not lose dex when using it**
  • Healing Spell Changed - As you noticed the healing skill is going to favor the warrior over the mage. While it can still be used by mages, they'll get less uses out of it because of their potentially lower stamina. To make up for this we have increased the potency of the heal spells. Heal is now 2 times stronger and Greater Heal is up to 5 times stronger! This should give mages an alternative that is just as good as bandages if they choose.
  • Armor Balanced - We have come to the conclusion a long time ago that a mage was never meant to be a tank and therefore shouldn't be allowed to wear platemail. This was a good fix however alot of mages began using magical chainmail to offset the loss. Because of that and the introduction of mage class armors, we have made it so all metal based armor causes a reduction in intellegence. This means for every piece of platemail worn you will lose 5 INT, chainmail 3 INT and ringmail 1 INT. Now mages will have to decide how much of their magical abilities their willing to give up to be better protected.
  • Mines Refreshed - All ore veins now respawn at twice the rate they use to. This means less migrating for you miners out there!

[--Bug Fixes--]
  • Colored Armor Fixed - Not a single person pointed this out, but all colored armors that are not platemail (eg ring or chain) doesn't have the added bonus that they should. This meant that blackrock chainmail was as effective as shadow chainmail. We have addressed and now ringmail and chainmail colored armor offers the same armor bonuses as their big brother platemail.
  • Stat Cap Fixed - One problem that has been plaguing Obsidian lately is the various armors and the stat caps. The stat cap is currently at 295 however players at the stat max have put on various armors lowering their total stats. For example you could put on full platemail and lose 30 int which would bring you current total stats to 265. The problem is that certain people would regain the stats again while keeping the armor on and get back to 295. Then if they ever died or took off their armor their total stats would shoot to 325 with the regained intellegence. While this seems harmless, the server refuses to allow players to have over 300 in stats and to fix this randomly and harshly drops stats. I've seen players lose over 100 stat points in a matter of seconds. This issue results in alot of unhappy players and many GM pages. Fortunately now, the stat cap checks the armor you are wearing and takes it into account. Therefore if your wearing full chainmail your stat cap would be 286, because 9 of your intellegence is hidden because of the armor worn. So to make it short, the server now prevents you from going over 295 total stats.
After we are positive that this patch is running bug free and is balanced, we will then start the next one that will include alot more requests along with another big skill update! Stay Tuned!

Last edited by Broadband on Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:54 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I see alot of work been done for the miners and wut about the fishermans, fishing is way boring than mining :cry: so wut about us dont we get new stuff too :lol: kust adding wut i feel.Thank you for the changes there good, but think in everyone or is there things coming for fishers. :mrgreen:

"Hells collector has been awaken. now his just waiting to get resurrected"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 12:28 am 
Site Admin

I'm working on revamping each popular skill one at a time in each patch. So fishies are coming up. Then i'm going to focus on less used skills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:23 am 
Wow.. more then you were telling me.
Sounds really great to me. Seems the advantages and disadvantages it brought to the PvP world for both warrior and mage seem pretty fair in my eyes.
Can't wait to go mining now! woot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:52 am 

Umm, everyone will probably kill me for this, but broadband, you seriously need to turn down rose ore spawns. I am getting around 3 ore from every time i dig it up. thats way too common for the rarest ore. It should be like blackrock and usually you dig up 1 ore per place, and on a rare occasion 2

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]