It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:37 pm

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Open Court
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:13 am 
Site Admin

Alright lords and ladies for obsidian, someone's decided to be foolish and ask for an open court judgement on their actions, so for the first of the new year I present to you the case of cryptx.

Cryptx was caught yesterday afk macroing necromancy and meditation. He already has several warnings against him within the past few months for afk macroing.
He was macroing necromancy and meditation, and so a macro stone was placed on him. The stone ran it's course, and he was disconnected.
He logged back in roughly 5-10 seconds later, and begin challenging the issue.
Upon being caught, his first complaint was that the staff had cheated, and had disconnected him in 2 seconds, not letting the stone run 30. Then he complained the stones aren't actually 30 seconds.
He was docked necromancy points and told if he did it again that his penalty would be work.

This morning, he was again found afking necromancy and meditation.
A stone was placed, and he was disconnected when the stone ran it's course, along with 2 other players.
Upon reconnecting, he proceeded to again state the stones are only 5 seconds, and so i dropped yet another one on him and the witness at vesper bank Goku. Goku confirmed it was still 30 seconds.
At this point Cryptx then said that he was up answering his phone and he was barely gone longer than 20 seconds and that he shouldn't be punished.
His claim is that since he logged back in so fast he wasn't "afk", despite the fact that being disconnected is both noticable by most macro programs, and is kinda a huge big DISCONNECTED image in the center of the screen and so is hard to miss.

So open court of obsidian, what do you say to these challenges of the rules?

Post subject: Re: Open Court
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:25 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
I really cant get it bob
I big AFker go to sleep while they afk or go play tenis or do snowboard....

BOB wtf If am big afker why I logged in 1 sec after u disconnected me !!!!!

AFK ARE AWAY FROM KEYBOARD THEY CANT LOG 1 sec after they get disconencted...

Cant belive U just removed me 15 hr + training ...

Its new year 2010 I just lost my vendor with many cash on him he got killed with stuff on him + 1-2 month ago my chest got unsecured no reason all my house got stoled...

WOW 15 hrs + training stoled by u...

IT would be great if u awnser me ...HOW CAN I BE A BIG AFKER IF I LOGGED IN WITHIN 1 SEC AFTER U DISCONNECTED ME!!!!!

AFK ARE GONE FAR AWAY FROM KEYBOARD...
they cant just log on 1 sec after they miss the 20 sec afk macro stone

PLz bob be fair I already lost 500 k stuff + cuz bug AND never got help from u with all this bug ...ecept 15 hr + necro training stoled...

Last edited by BloOd Ripper on Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:37 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

let them eat cake

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:53 am 

well how much skill did he get dropped?

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:25 am 

not exactly sure how the rules read, but i believe it goes into something like, "DONT EVEN GO TO THE BATHROOM RUNNING A MACRO" or "READING THE FORUMS WHILE MACROING IS CONSIDERED AFK MACROING"

again, not sure, but i know i had my parry, healing, and resist all dropped as i was sitting in front of my computer, playing on my ipod, and when i didnt respond to staff talking to me, i wasnt given a macro stone, i was just kicked and docked skill points, and i wasnt technically afk either as i logged right back in. but thems the rules.

SUCK IT UP. 5 points of resist is a hell of a lot longer than 15 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:17 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
well one, not having a macro program + sitting doing necromancy by hand = not going to happen,,
I don't think you should afk macro, but having a window up to the side of your obsi window and doing something with half obsi and half the other window showing shouldnt be really illegal.
whos going to honestly do it by hand? and if done by macro program who is going to sit and watch a 32 bit game repeat the same process over and over (a must for necromancy)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:21 pm 

as Bob said, this thread is for ppl to post their opinions.. and if they agreed that his skills shouldn't be dropped, he will get what he lost back.. if not, he will lose more points than 5.

actually the guys pissed gm bob because of his crap lying and saying the macro stone was only 5 seconds.

but actually, i think raptor should stop arguing about it because he really pisses bob.. the guy thinks that staff are cheaters and also people.

so ya, if he kept it going like that, he will get himself in trouble.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:00 pm 

I think what is rules for one person, should be rules for all people. He isnt the only person who has just missed a macro stone so had there skills dropped. It happened to Alan (my bf). He was seeing to Macie crying and when he came back the macro stone had 3 seconds left. He didnt click it in time so his magery was dropped. He had also logged back in seconds after the stone had disconnected him. Other people have had the same happen (stated earlier in this post) and they havnt got there skill back. So I vote that he should not get skill back. It takes seconds to log out or even switch a macro off, so do that before you have to go. Alan and others have learnt by there mistakes so Cryptx should.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:39 pm 

ya skill dropping is extreme.
so i think it should be studied by a case by case instance.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:16 pm 

Quote:
I think what is rules for one person, should be rules for all people. He isnt the only person who has just missed a macro stone so had there skills dropped. It happened to Alan (my bf). He was seeing to Macie crying and when he came back the macro stone had 3 seconds left. He didnt click it in time so his magery was dropped. He had also logged back in seconds after the stone had disconnected him. Other people have had the same happen (stated earlier in this post) and they havnt got there skill back. So I vote that he should not get skill back. It takes seconds to log out or even switch a macro off, so do that before you have to go. Alan and others have learnt by there mistakes so Cryptx should.
Yes I agree with aimee. He macros afk alot everytime he gets away with it to because hes a little "Different" but i think rules should apply to everyone the same no matter who you are.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:39 pm 

Nope. I have had my share of me going to the bathroom quickly or something like this and forgetting to shut it off. Although I still make this mistake occasionally, I take the punishment that is handed to me. People will remember a couple months ago when Anat was hell to train. I got that dropped 4x because I went to the bathroom and forgot to shut the macro off, my mistake (full responsibility).

Like Albert said, he shouldn't be treated differently just because he acts 'different'. Honestly, everyone on this shard acts 'different' from one another, which means that we should in fact all be treated like Raptor. As in, we do what we want and not be punished because we don't know better.

Its like the case where someone eats a FFF of resist or magery. Sure it sucks, but they shouldn't get their skill back unless their account was hacked and the hackers screwed him over. Not 'he accidently ate the fish and gets the skill back'

Sorry for the long post, but Raptor needs to learn.

1. It wasnt a bug that his shit was taken. Raptor probably didn't realize he allowed Flame full rights to all his chests.

2. Raptor sucks at making traps. Not that Weakest is a staff member and screwing with him.

3. No on the skill return. I have also caught him several times macroing in various locations that people usually dont go to. From what I heard with Albert, hes caught Raptor macoing and has killed him to stop him, all Raptor does is restock and AFK macro again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:56 pm 

lmao

well raptor might have some lag issues like i get spikes sometimes
and when my comp finally gets the pack of information that says wtfs happening the stone is on 20 secs,,,
even though ive never gotten a spike that took it down to 5 seconds

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:19 pm 

Wow some players and Gm players would do anything to make me fail in Obsidian...

All my house chest got unsecured no reason then stoled...then my vendor got kill I lost all money and fish wep on him...

Then a Gm called bob that I 100% sure already Pk is player in game with is head on my Tower roof COME OUT NO WHERE REMOVE ME 15 hrs + NECRO TRAINING...

AFK IS ILLEGAL IN OTHER SHARD IN OTHER RPG..> FOR THE SIMPLE REASON THAT PLAYERS CANNOT START GAINING SKILLS WHILE THEY ARE AWAY FROM KEYBOARD...THAT MEAN THEY ARE KIND OF CHEATING CUZ THEY KEEP GAINING WHILE THEY SLEEP OR WHILE THEY GONE SOMEWHERE AWAY FROM KEYBOARD...

I JUST TOLD U BOB DONT BE MAD CUZ I PK UR PLAYER ...

I JUST TOLD U I WASNT AFK AND I HAVE PROOF I LOGGED WITHIN 1 SEC AFTER THE 20 sec MACRO STONE DISCONNECTED ME...

NOW IFU CANT GIVE ME MY 15 HRS + NECRO TRAINING CAN I HAVE THE 500 k stuff and cash all bug stoled me or u like what bug make to good player and u dont get that an afker player CANNOT JUST LOG IN WITHING 1 SEC AFTER HE GOT DISCONNECTED...

AFKER PLAYERS ARE FAR AWAY FROM KEY BOARD...

PLZ BOB BE FAIR U KNOW AM VICTIM OF BUG THAT MADE ME LOST 500k + WHY DIDNT U HELP ME WITH ALL THESE BUG INSTEAD OF TRYING TO SAY THAT A NON AFKER IS A BIG AFKER...

PLZ BOB IF U CAN BE FAIR A LIL I WONT PK UR INGAME PLAYER NO MORE...

PLZ BOB BE FAIR AND LOGIC...

AFKER cant just log in 1 sec after the 20 sec macro stone...

I

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:28 pm 

Why do you type with so many capitals it doesnt help you. If anything it makes people not want to read it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:35 pm 

CUZ AM VICTIM OF MANY BUG...

AND SOME RETARD KEEP HELPING THOSE BUG NON STOP...

INSTEAD MAKING A GREAT USE OF THERE ADMIN POWER...

THEY KEEP HARRAASING AND TRY TO MAKE FAIL GOOD PLAYERS OF OBSIDIAN...

JUST CUZ THEY GOT PKED...

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next