It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:04 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:43 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
From a player that spent long hours devoted to shard life, here's my long list of congratulations.

1. Thanks for making every hard skill easy, especially those that took me long hours to GM.
2. Thanks for making pvp a matter of who has "snakes" or whatever other great gadgets one happens to find along the way
3. Thanks for the evergrowing player base
4. Thanks for the lovely poisoning system in place
5. Thanks for bringing back necros in a bug-free manner, I really appreciate not being cheated against
6. Thanks for always being respectful in your replies in the forums
7. Thanks for giving special privileges to those that somehow have access to a donator's guild or whatever
8. Thanks for making Obsidian the best shard ever
Now i've already replied to this person, but I figure we'll turn this into a game.
10 points for every correct guess on what i replied to him about a given point,
20 points for guessing who it was.
Only one guess per person per "question" and one guess for who it is.
I'll post my actual reply in a few days, but for those who keep up with the forums you should be able to piece together what I said since all of it's been said before.
Top 3 will get a prize.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:45 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Judas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:54 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
From a player that spent long hours devoted to shard life, here's my long list of congratulations.

1. Thanks for making every hard skill easy, especially those that took me long hours to GM.
2. Thanks for making pvp a matter of who has "snakes" or whatever other great gadgets one happens to find along the way
5. Thanks for bringing back necros in a bug-free manner, I really appreciate not being cheated against
7. Thanks for giving special privileges to those that somehow have access to a donator's guild or whatever
Im guessing Judas Wrote that.
This is what im guessing the reply will be.
1. Some skills have been made easyer due to t4a's way of how the skill works. Some have been made more difficult.
2. Pets have been limited, and people can use what ever resources they find.
3. We dont want players joining a buggy server, once bugs are fixed and broadband fixs site we will advertise.
4. Poisoning is balanced, it is not a requirement anymore.
5. Necros have been buggy ever since the transition to t4a. Coding isnt the same and needs tweaks. Report any bugs you find.
6. I only speak the truth. People should read changelogs.
7. I didnt Broadband Gave Albert the Access.
8. I try my best!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:05 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i dun wanna give the answers out so peopel can copy!
ill pm lols

ps. its judas tho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:58 am 

judas and yw to all but 7and i would say powers higher than me gave access

Last edited by corky1h on Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:02 am 

First: it's deathwish.

Second: My Replies:
1. Actually, YES, alot of skills are so easy to gain now.. ppl could gm 5x skills while they are poofers.. For example: Meditation, Healing, Poison, Animal Taming, Magery and Alchemy are So easy..
So ya.. i agree with the guy.
2. For pets.. i appreciate Bob for the very good add of limiting animals.. actually ppl used to spam pets in pvp.. and that doesnt appear their pvp skills.
3. I dunno if the account center should be re-enabled now.. but maybe Bob wanna re-enable it after bugs are fixed.. and actually some ppl arent helping Bob to fix bugs faster and abusing the bugs.
4. Poisoning is balanced in dmg now.. but the LOTS of missing poison potts is really annoying and also when u drop a p pott on the target u might hit ur self or ur pet if they moved on the target.
5. Bob said that necros got alot of bugs and ppl should report bugs.
6. Bob don't like ignorance.
7. I actually have no idea.
8. No Problem.!

I just said my opinion.. not bob's replies.. :P

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:38 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

1) Your Welcome
2) Your Welcome
3) Your Welcome
4) Your Welcome
5) Your Welcome
6) Your Welcome
7) Your Welcome
8) Your Welcome

Mammoth?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:10 am 

Quote:
Mammoth?
How the hell did you get me out of this message? Nice guess buddy, but its not me lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:42 pm 

I also say judas...
1. Skills are easy or hard to gain, it depends on which way you choose to train. You just have to play to gain best.
2. PvP has been balance and will carry on to be more balanced. If people are smart enough they will work out better tactics than before to help them win.
3. The player base is how I want it at the minute while bugs are being tested. I will however be working hard on a bigger player base once everything on my list is done.
4. Poisoning has been made balanced as to the overpowered way it was in t3a. It isnt compulsary to have it, as it shouldnt be with any skill in pvp.
5. Necros have been brought back so it can be tested by player's. Any cheating bring it to my attention and any bugs post them on the forums.
6. Im sarcastic to them who dont listen and make me repeat myself over and over. Other than that I do respect all player's.
7. I didnt give no-one donator gate access Broadband did. Alot of players who donated to obsidian can access there. If i had my way no-one would have privledges that others dont. But Broadband thought it was a good way to say thanks to those who helped keep obsidian going.
8. I wouldnt say its the best ever but it is what I am aiming for in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

Alright, i'm posting my reply and locking this thread. Winners will be contacted in-game.
The reason i chose to post this, and to get your inputs, is to guage just how my systems are running.
If no one got the right answers, i'd declare t4a a failure and have to come up with a new system of conveying information, because it means that people literally couldn't see from the perspective i'm comming from or what is being achieved.
However there were a lot of right answers.

If everyone got the right answers, i would have to declare my enforcement of judging issues a failure, since that would mean that dissenting views are opressed without reason and that groupthink is enforced.
However, many people got different answers, even though they provided logical reasons for why their answers would make sense. I say different and not wrong because there is no "right" answer, since they are all things i could as easily have said.

So, here is my reply.
Quote:
Quote:
IF people would bug report skills that have gotten to easy, i'd fix them, but my hands are rather tied if people don't tell me jack shit.
Most skills should take no less than 20 horus of "work" for the easiest, with most taking more.
Quote:
If you're talkign about the shadow monsters, they never were supposed to be tamable and no one bug reported that till i got a pm earlier today. it sould be fixed in the next patch.
Quote:
It'll grow more once the website gets fixed, but that requires broadband, as i've stated before. I can't do anything to the website.
Quote:
Your'e welcome.
Quote:
Report bugs and they get fixed. If you believe you're "cheated" against, then report what it is. Also keep in mind I did not write necromancy, i merely make it work. 90% of it is still jorus' original code, with modifications so that it works int he new systems. So as i find things are imbalanced i adjust them
Quote:
I posted a few months ago that my temper was growing short for irl reasons, and that people should expect me not to tolerate a lot of the stuff i've been really lenient against.

I am still relatively respectful, but I have adopted a more jorus approach to dealing with people who decide to be stupid and waste my time. If you want respect, you read what i write and comprehend it, not just misquoting and cherry picking to start arguments.
Quote:
I've been trying to get that stupid thing removed, but broadband will not have it, so until i can give him a proposal he approves of, it's stuck staying. Only ONE person has been added in the last 3 years, and that was because broadband forced me to so that person would stop pestering him.

If he doesn't accept something soon i'm gonna make him re-open donations so that others can gain access to it at the very least. OR something similar.
Quote:
You're welcome, but it's far from that. I'm just doing my best to get it there.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]