It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:54 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject: Re: June Plans
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:42 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Mark is a homo, I agree to re-enable the ability to cast on yourself!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:00 pm 

What good is casting on yourself other than for afk macroing?
I am training magery just fine without it.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:10 pm 

Quote:

I am very much against locking stats. Perhaps lowering the gains by 25% or the benchmark for gains by 25% would be good. Such as it is now, a warrior will not gain int if he has 20 int to start with. Maybe 15 is more around the sweet spot. In any case having 5 int to start will put you in that situation...too bad for you.
hmm i guess imma drop my dex when i get a chance...locking stats owns anyday.... smh. I still like my monster arena idea make it happen bob. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:57 pm 

id also like to see the spirit speak reward work without me having to re-use the skill after every spell should be automatic after ive reached a certain point... and not need to be re-done everytime i decide i want to cast a spell...

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:29 am 

Id like to see resisting spells gains. By that i mean it is nearly impossible for me to gain them without being able to cast on yourself.

Overall point of this post.
I want to be able to cast on myself, you can shoot yourself in reallife with a gun, why cant you do it in obs with spells?

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:08 pm 

Quote:
Id like to see resisting spells gains.
Me too! lol

EDIT:

I just tried to get a new player to either get shot or shoot me with spells for a while to gain magery/resist. He declined... :cry:

Off to somewhere with magical monsters to play for a while.. will come back with results.

EDIT:

Right so.. I FINALLY figured out (or at least something was changed at sometime to allow it) that at 65.3 magery, the only way I can really gain is by casting paralyze fields for a while.

Last edited by Wizard_of_Gore on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:17 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Magery and mage resist still gain waaayyyy too slow when they reach the 60s imo, esp. now that you can't gain by shooting yourself.

Get some friends?
Cast on each other. Less afk-macroable but hey! You can't have everything!

It doesn't matter, i have tested this with pvm and pvp and the results were absolutely no gains whatsoever. And we are talking months here.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:06 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Boats, but boats that are only able to drop the planks at docks, so we can keep people off the islands. I'd like to see the boats have keys that act as a recall rune to the boat it belongs to and they keys should not be newbefied. I'd like to see the boats have a short decay time of only a few days, but we are able to to dry dock them at a harbor to refresh or store them.

Boats should also be available in classes, with each class exponentially more expensive then the previous one. This way broke people can buy a small raft, but it might sink (decay) on them. The people with more money can buy a boat that will last longer without needing to be docked, and it will never decay when someone is on it. The most expensive boats (1 mil plus) never have to be dry-docked, but can be refreshed by clicking the plank. They can offer semi-perminant lockable storage in the hull, and the keys are newbified.... basically a house on water, but with VERY limited storage.

When the cheaper boats decay while a player is on the deck, the player can be sent instantly to jail for not maintaining the seaworthiness of their boat.... Punitive actions...just like what happens in real life if someone neglects their craft and it sinks.

I'd also like to see fishing overhauled with nets, MIBs, monsters, quests, exc.....but you said only one thing, and this would give a great foundation for some cool stuff later.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:53 am 

Quote:
I would like it for us to be able to cast on ourselves aswell for reasons like damaging yourself to get out of paralyze or even for training. But i think this change needs a lot of discussion and shouldnt be in this thread.

The one thing i would like to see is Venom's idea. Have there be a PvM challenge just like venom described. Maybe have a cooldown of 3-5 days or so where you can't attempt the challenge again.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:43 pm 

omg boats would be awsm. man id definately go fishing and stuff.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:40 am 

Quote:
Not everyone who macros does it afk for one, i have never agreed with making everyone else suffer for the few that break the rules.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:46 pm 

If you were a real mage in your little messed up life, would you cast lightning at yourself hoping to get better at it? Or, would you choose a more suitable target.
Maybe you are more into punishing yourself than you think.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:21 pm 

Would be awesome to be able to cast on yourself again,i remember i loved to cast on myself while training banksitting at the bank even though its so slow gaining!!
in a period of 2 years i gained from 91.4 resist to 92.5!!and that was from atleast 1 or 2 millions spells casted at me!!i really love slow gaining skills but u should be able to gm resist in less then a period of 5 years or so!

-Zott-

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:14 pm 

err i think we are off track here...i imagine it would take bob 5 min to do the resist thing and/or casting on each other thing.

i like venoms idea, but in degrees of difficulty, so ppl could do easeir with less gain or super hard w/greater benefit . because low player base, ppl cat get groups together that easily. ive treid w/bloody mary.

i want something for ppl to do that is new, bugs i think will get fixed, stuff like resist is more stuff we have to talk bob into.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:54 pm 

Let's stop comparing this to real life..it's a god damn game, are there dragons in real? What about daemons? Idk about u but I've never seen a Mage in real, it's a game,let's make it fun to play instead of "ahh I think I'll go take a nap instead of staring at my screen hoping for atlesst 0.1 gain in the 3hours I'm training..."

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next