"I want an alpaca because Bob missed his deadline!"

LOL

Post subject: Re: How things are going
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:16 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:02 pm 
Site Admin

The majority answer is 3, meaning I will be a little lenient.

The grading criteria is as follows:
As long as the directions were followed, minor capitalization and minor spelling will be waived.

The following 5 people passed this criteria:
Hemlock (This one is borderline, since he did edit his post after the fact, but because it was within the time limit i'm allowing it)
Eraser
Padawan
Karin
ryanlabrie17

You five can please PM me from your forum account listing the character you want the alpaca to be given to.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:35 am 

Quote:
The majority answer is 3, meaning I will be a little lenient.

The grading criteria is as follows:
As long as the directions were followed, minor capitalization and minor spelling will be waived.

The following 5 people passed this criteria:
Hemlock (This one is borderline, since he did edit his post after the fact, but because it was within the time limit i'm allowing it)
Eraser
Padawan
Karin
ryanlabrie17

You five can please PM me from your forum account listing the character you want the alpaca to be given to.
So you're saying after the majority of us did the deed we were asked to do you're still going to punk us.... I think everyone who took the time out of their day to post on this and wait the month or so should get one. My honest to god opinion...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:41 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
dang.... :/ if that was half leineint and half strict what was 2 & 4 ...
no one knew what we were voting for :( lol o wells :(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:16 pm 

Bob why are you scamming us all? Staff are not suppose to scam. First off your post says 3 was the option to let all of us have it majority was 3. AFTER we all voted you edited your post and placed a different answer for 3.

Also Alot of others said it before the time line we just didnt use " " at begining and end. Not everyone is perfect at english.. Most our shard isnt even from America.

P.S. Thats how you know obsidian has turned to shit, when even the staff are now scamming there players.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:53 pm 

I want an Alpaca because Bob missed his deadline!!

The preceding is technically what should have posted(minus the colouring)
For a couple reasons:
1- A first person statement is not bracketed by quotation marks.
2- The original post requesting a statement being made was in fact quoting what statement was required, thus making the quotations necessary in the original post but not so for anyone making the statement in following posts.
3- The request was not made strictly stating that quotation marks should be included by omission of the colon.
I missed my deadline, so anyone who wants thier alpaca is welcome to post in this thread with the following statement: "I want an Alpaca because Bob missed his deadline!!".

An example would be someone telling you:
Say, "YES!!".
You would follow with: YES!!

On the other hand, if someone said:
Say: "YES!!".
Then you would counter by saying: "YES!!".
The colon indicates that the wording and punctuation should be strictly followed, whereas the lack of one shows that the quotation marks simply state where your statement begins and ends. Nothing more than that.

My stance is impartial because I did not participate.
Although,
"I deserve an alpaca for clarifying all this for you guys". lol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:26 pm 

Oh man Bob really did a number on you guys :P

P.S. Alek, the period goes inside the quotation marks, not outside, just fyi.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:47 pm 

Ok...a couple things.

1- I was emulating Bob's usage of the period and quotation marks.
2- Usage of commas and periods inside of quotation marks is strictly an American thing. The rest of the world uses common sense and logic. I am part of the rest of the world.
3- I am not always right...but, this time I am and most of all...I am ALWAYS more right than you are nosympathy.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:25 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
lmao...
w.o all that fancy mumbo jumbo.. thats what i didn't put quotes... I didn't know all that though :/
good maybe i can pass english 1102 now :)
I thought he didnt put me cuz i edited my post and changed Alpaca to alpaca.. or the other way around

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 1:58 pm 

Like I really care whether your more right than me. I don't get my jollies from proving people wrong bro.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:48 pm 

Quote:
Like I really care whether your more right than me. I don't get my jollies from proving people wrong bro.
You get your jollies from angering people you filthy troll, sorry "bro".

Notice the period on the outside you filthy bridge keeper.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:59 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
Bob why are you scamming us all? Staff are not suppose to scam. First off your post says 3 was the option to let all of us have it majority was 3. AFTER we all voted you edited your post and placed a different answer for 3.

Also Alot of others said it before the time line we just didnt use " " at begining and end. Not everyone is perfect at english.. Most our shard isnt even from America.

P.S. Thats how you know obsidian has turned to shit, when even the staff are now scamming there players.
That's strike two blacktorn. You just did three things that SERIOUSLY pissed me off.

1st. I didn't edit my post. Everyone else seemed to understand the concept, so if you want to call me a liar better get a screenshot posted because you're throwing accusations around when you don't get your way seriously bugs me.
2nd. You voted 1. In no interpretation can that possibly be interpreted to mean you somehow meant three. Therefore you, more than the other players who voted, wanted to screw your fellow players over. You're just throwing a hissy fit because it backfired.
3rd. You can say "obsidian has turned to shit" all you want, but you damn well better not do it without a good reason and a logical discussion backing it up. Because it's worthless otherwise, and i cannot tolerate worthless negativity.

Oh and for those who didn't figure out what direction i was grading on, it was "post the following statement". A sentence ending in exclamation points is an exclamation, not a statement. Therefore as long as your post was a statement, you got credit, even if it was not verbatim what it should have been. But as i explain in the post after this one, my directions actually weren't the point of this little exercise, and you could have posted "ME WANT ALPACA!" and still gotten one if people had voted for the most leniency.

Now that i've finished singling him out, i'm going to explain #2 in more detail.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

Most of you voted #3.
That means that you all willingly chose to screw your fellow players over, because you thought it would benefit you.

I almost gave the person who voted 5 a free pass to an alpaca just because they are the only non greedy person here.

I did this entire alpaca thing to illustrate a point, and it worked out a bit better than i expected due to the temper some people have displayed after the fact.

I put that post up knowing full well i would probably miss the deadline, but i was shocked at the number of people who don't post to forums regularly, or play regularly, that somehow lept on this small duration offer.

Suddenly you see a lot of people posting for free stuff, but otherwise not contributing useful content to the game or playing to keep the numbers up.

This shard is a a community. Like any community, it will fall apart and be torn to shreds if most of the members are parasites. I would have hoped the recent fiasco with houses would have re-enforced the concept that you all should think of the entire shard, not just your own personal benefit.

Apparently not, as it was demonstrated a second time.
Instead each person decided on their own, to voluntarily screw some other person out of an alpaca, in hopes it will increase the value of their own. If you had all just put 5, we woulda had alpacas for everyone.

And now that the votes are in, and i have rendered my verdict, we instantly have people claiming "unfair" and "evil staff" just because i kept my word. Some of you got them, some of you didn't, and i posted the method i used to grade it. Suddenly all the 3s want to be 5s because THEY were the ones without the alpacas.

Tough.
Cookies.

Greed begets greed, and you all will live with the situation you chose yourself, democratically.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:00 pm 

Quote:
with the following statement "I want an Alpaca because Bob missed his deadline!!". The deadline of this is 24 hours
You clearly said that you wanted this posted. I voted 2, as i wanted slight leniency, as i don't think the people that voted after the deadline should receive an alpaca, but minor gramatical errors should be allowed.

However, i posted exactly what was above, and somehow didn't get mentioned as receiving one.

That's fine with me,

Just wondering since i posted before the deadline, and posted exactly what you requested, why i don't.

I'm a lil slow, so please explain to me in detail why, since my quotes were exact, as were a few others.

I'm not trying to screw any one over, as i do post regularly, and play on a virtually daily basis.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 4 of 7   [ 92 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next