It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:06 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 5 of 7   [ 92 posts ]
Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject: Re: How things are going
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:45 pm 

Some wanted a alpaca..some didnt care... some wanted others to have it... regardless of the outcome it all was left to one thing. Greed.. << true greed destroys this community like BOB says but... people will always complain.
So your punisment for being greedy is you fail no alpaca.. << i think its well deserved and yet i think it just puts another point into my argument ive been preaching for years now. This uo obsi game has been nerfed so much and these nerfings arent positive at all. Change is good but man you sure get constant punishment in this game .. i feel like obsidian is a mother and we are her children and we are always in time out man. Oh you are complainging about magery... ok lets nerf the spells. Oh your complainting about animals lets nerf the limit of animals oh your killing golems for regs... lets make them harder and unspawnable in certain locations. Dude stop makeing the game harder.. do the changes you have plan guys but enought with nerfing everything. Obsidian is so different now than when i joined and i like some of the changes but 70 percent of it ... was stuff that didnt have to be changed... tis what made this place so lovable now... its a ghost town of anger. screw the alpaca... * god stop nerfing everything.. and punishing... if you want to punish something get a puppy or a child.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:06 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
Oh and for those who didn't figure out what direction i was grading on, it was "post the following statement". A sentence ending in exclamation points is an exclamation, not a statement.
Seeing how the exclaimed statement was in quotation marks, the exclamation is considered a statement as well. Unless of course you were comma splicing two sentences together...then in that case...naughty naughty! If this were taken to a court of law, one could argue that the intent of the instructions was clear, even if the punctuation and grammar were not clear. Whatever was contained in the quotation marks would thus be considered the "statement".

That being said...I absolutely do not care who gets an alpaca or not, or even if anyone gets one at all. I am not even sure what one is anyways...a packhorse? I'unno.
What I saw in this thread was confusion. I gave my perspective on what the instructions instructed.

I also saw some excitement. A staff member came on and offered a prize for people who completed a task. People were excited. Yes, they wanted the prize. Yes, of course in a competitive game they tried to limit the prize allotment to raise the value of their potential item. At the same time, they were confident enough in understanding the instructions that they would choose the stricter criteria. But, in true Bob-like fashion, Bob tried to make things more complicated than need be to prove a point. Was that point that people are greedy? Probably not...that was probably a notion after the fact. Nope. Bob did his usual routine of trying to look smarter than others. "Oh! You think I said this, but really I meant this....are you dumb or something?" Kinda like that.

My suggestion is this:
Take the alpaca or whatever candy you want to offer the children and bring it ingame. Have one as a prize that only goes to first place. 20 people show up for the event and it is given to the winner...less than 20 nothing.
You want people ingame? Give them a reason to be there. Don't cry cus they get excited about a cool prize you will bamboozle them out of for kicks. You ask for people to log on to test systems etc...use the prizes to set up events that will help in the testing. Perhaps you can run tests while events are running etc. What better way to test combat and spells than to hold a pvp event? Or to test crafting...make a scavenger hunt....in a cave place in trunks all of the items needed to craft every item on the shard...everyone arrives naked and leaves naked. Whoever makes the most unique items in 1 hour(as a team) wins the prize. Perhaps the prize is that they get to keep what they made.
Healing contests can be held in a survival contest. Block the shifter room at Bloody Mary and drop contestants in the room...no invis or eliminated. Whoever lasts the longest gets the loot from Mary. One at a time entering the ring.
Team taming events would be cool as well....Perhaps have it so Brit castle is filled with cool rides, animals etc...everything that can be tamed. Two teams compete and when the 30 mins are up for taming, the two teams have to pit the animals against the other team. Whoever's team wins gets to keep the remaining animals(cant keep animals back to preserve them either)The team draws straws to see who picks their prize animal first.
Perhaps start a guild building contest? First guild to 100 players gets a keep or something. The players must each have unique accounts...meaning I could not sign Dracula and Maximus up and have it count..one per account. After the prize is won, if the guild goes below 50 within 4 months, the keep is taken back. Perhaps make it permanent so that when a guild hits certain plateaus of players joined, they gain a new building that only that guild can enter through a portal. Once removed from the guild, they cannot enter. 30 members gets a blacksmithy, 50 gets a large tower, and 100 gets a keep. Something like that.
EDIT* I would suggest making 4 guilds that have themed names. The guilds can be applied for when a group of twenty apply for it. They would vote for a leader and there would be monthly leader votes to see who leads the guild. The four guild houses would belong to the guild and to no single player...even the leader. You could make other guilds, but only the four themed guilds get to have a guild house of some sort. I can make suggestions on how this can be done if needed.
These are the things that will drive the player base up. These are the things that will help ease growing pains while tweaks are being done. We know you have a busy schedule and life is tough. But, you cannot expect people to come without any real reason to. People still keep tabs so that they will come back if they see that they will not be wasting their time because there is no hope. They keep tabs because they do hope that Obsi will return to what it once was, or even something that never was, but is still cool as all hell. So far, no one sees that. So yes, a free alpaca is kinda fun and why not try and get it? Imagine what people will do if offered something in return for their good faith...other than mind games, pretend prizes and insults.
These are my suggestions and views. Take them for what they are: honest and in good nature. Adopt the suggestions, adapt them or just ignore them. I do not care one way or another, but seeing things like I suggested would help motivate me to log in and check things out more often. Right now, I don't see the sense in it though.
Peace

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:35 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Oh and for those who didn't figure out what direction i was grading on, it was "post the following statement". A sentence ending in exclamation points is an exclamation, not a statement.
Seeing how the exclaimed statement was in quotation marks, the exclamation is considered a statement as well. Unless of course you were comma splicing two sentences together...then in that case...naughty naughty! If this were taken to a court of law, one could argue that the intent of the instructions was clear, even if the punctuation and grammar were not clear. Whatever was contained in the quotation marks would thus be considered the "statement".

That is just a bunch of bullshit right there, on bob's end!!! And yes bob, i appreciate all your hard work, but that is a total dick move on your part. And i only say that, cuz i would say that to one of my friends if they pulled that shit. PEACE

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 11:15 am 

Quote:
Greed begets greed, and you all will live with the situation you chose yourself, democratically.
Democracy sucks.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:41 pm 

Quote:
Most of you voted #3.
That means that you all willingly chose to screw your fellow players over, because you thought it would benefit you.

Suddenly all the 3s want to be 5s because THEY were the ones without the alpacas.

Greed begets greed, and you all will live with the situation you chose yourself, democratically.
First off, What do you mean second strike? If i get to strike 3 what happens?
Also when was Strike 1? i searched thru forums history could not find.

Also You cannot make a judgment on those who voted 3. YOUR original post WAS Edited... Of course i dont have a screenshot, why would i? I would think you would honestly admit it was edited.

In the post it gave the option
1. Be ultra rare only a select few would get.
2. Middle Ground than
3. Everyone gets.
But it said Vote 1-5 which may of got players confused. So the people who voted for 3. Wasnt sure if they were to vote for 5 or for 3. Even sparger voted option 3 but someone magicialy made the one dissaper without a trace.. Dont blame players for being confused.
But Yes I voted 1. I am greedy, I dont care admiting it. But to not give the majority of players a alpaca for not putting " is messed up.

I dont care if you dont give me one for pissing you off but atleast give the other ones who got there statement in on time without using quation marks a alpaca they diserve one.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:25 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

I dont care if you dont give me one for pissing you off but atleast give the other ones who got there statement in on time without using quation marks a alpaca they diserve one.
Actually the ones who DID NOT use quotation marks would be deserving while those who did do not. The statement is inside the quotation marks, thus the quotation marks should not be relevant.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:36 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
thats what i thought when i removed them b/c without quotes theres no way to tell where to stop copying...

but no matters just saying

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:46 pm 

Ya, thats how its suppose to be. I guess he just had to make an excuse to not give us all one. What ever tho, he just keeps proving my point with ever post.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:32 pm 

This whole thread makes me /facepalm. Good grief.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:30 pm 

Quote:
This whole thread makes me /facepalm. Good grief.
true stuff

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:55 am 

OR simple start with a RARE alpaca so ppl get excited and start playing to get one and later make it common.

Iori Yagami - The Old Fisher Of Obsidian
Yashiro - From Old School
Saga - Golden Wizard
Orochi - The Vamp Stoned
The Sorrow - In The Darkness were he belong
[ Merovingian's Dynasty ]

Click here to feed me a Star Fruit!
Get your own at Flyffables!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:42 am 

Alpacas are also roaming around in the wild. Y'all could track and tame one too.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:06 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:42 pm 

We dont care about the alpaca only the name he would name it.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:34 pm 

Right guys, irrespective of whether or not you agree with admin decision - can we PLEASE stop the bitching/flaming/arguments/walloftext. I have now lost 10 minutes of my life that I can never get back.

While Bob will be the first to admit that I don't always agree with him, I do kinda see his point. I would ask ALL of you involved to please consider the wisdom of the following:

- Bob did not decide outright to place restrictions on the assignment of Alpacas. He actually invited you all to vote as to how restrictive it should be.
- Despite the fact you could all see plenty of people who wanted the Alpaca, most of you voted for a restriction to be placed. This meant that you felt someone else shouldn't get one - and they felt that you shouldn't. So really, someone has to lose out with that logic.
- This then meant that Bob needed to find ways to distinguish between who should and shouldn't receive an Alpaca.

YOU LOT VOTED FOR HIM TO RESTRICT WHO GETS ONE!

If you'd just voted 5 (which I would've done, if I'd seen this) then Bob would have followed that consensus and just given it to everyone.

Now - I can understand why people are disappointed not to receive the ride when they feel they complied with the 'incentive'.

However, it really is truly lolcore when we have someone who voted 1 to make the assignment of Alpacas as difficult as possible then complaining that everyone didn't get one.

WHY DIDN'T YOU ALL JUST SAY THIS ONE?:
Quote:
5 = entirely lenient. (pretty much everyone gets one, but they are suddenly flooded with alpacas).
From what I can see, only one person chose this option, and his vote wasn't even counted as it came in later. Everyone else voted 1-3 and didn't want everyone else to get one. Durr.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 5 of 7   [ 92 posts ]
Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next