It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:22 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 48 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject: Re: Server Upgrades
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:00 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: N/A
I dont mind some of features bob added there actually really good and unique but i think they should of been added later on, i think the latest race factions etc sound really cool..but there pointless if theres no one here to enjoy them and there more important things like gettin the shard established once again as an active shard in the rankings thats first step..second implementing updates and 3rd maintaining them and the 2nd and 3rd are the most important, mostly the 3rd, but that cant work without staff..as far as im aware theirs 2 active gms (which only one can do the techinal stuff) and 1 counselor...the whole backbone of the shard needs stripping down and rebuilt with new staff, staff that can help with technical and regular staff duties to keep this place afloat.

My plan would be to shut down obsidian (close it to the public) set up a whole new staff and development team that can work to get this place sorted, get the vets who know all the technical stuff..give them equal power as bob has to fix this place up..when its all sorted and ready to be released into the gaming world, close their staff accounts and keep a few as new seers or counselors..maybe a new gm who knows..the days of actual regular staff (cybervic-broadband-sonne-koldoon whoever are dead along with the 3rd age) sad but its true..cause where are they now?

I like the saying..it takes a village to raise a child and thats what needs to happen for obsidian to grow again

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:49 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
+1

i would volenteer for staff if that happens.. sounds like a way to get things moving..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:13 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: N/A
Well few years back a couple of obsidian guys started a shard off..i forgot whats it called now but it was when obsidian was in a right mess..i think it was bleeding hallow or something, it was a tiny shard but like there was i think 1 or 2 scripting at the same time, about 8 gms ( i was one of them) and a few working on the website, and others on advertising..but i think some of them tried advertising on obsidian..so that was a no no! we all chipped in with spawns/decorations and picking out the bugs and sorting them..took about 2 weeks of constant work..got released but for some reason shut down after like a month lol..but everyone chipped in and about 5 months of worth of work was dealt with with a swift blow, some of the guys who helped where kept on as staff..others including me had the account deleted..so there was no funny business..

We could do that on obsidian...im sure theirs a few smart vets here that could help bob, he could hand out a list..if things go wrong just patch it up..bob has done a great job with the t4a however compared to years and years back obsidian had more than one script guy..i mean broadband/cybervic and whoever else..

For example

Whoever = Trusted/Veteran Volunteer

Scripting
Bob
Echo
Whoever
Whoever
Whoever

Spawns/Deco/Advertising/Finding Bugs
Whoever
Whoever
Whoever
Whoever

Relaunch with most hopefully everything done..account creation done..good advertisement ready..new staff..updated website..new bug free features

Done and Dusted!

Oh and new forum moderators asap..its over run with bots and advertisements..with obsidian stagnant might seem graphic but its like maggots eating whats left of a corpse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:14 pm 

well if i sound like an ass for what im about to say sorry but just how i feel we have been dealing with this crap for years now and its geting old and tbh a lot of the older players will never return because like it or not bob has droped the ball i mean i know how rl is hell have a wife and 4 kids so cant tell me how busy it gets i know but i could see if we were told things were going to happen and then they dont once in a while but its constant then its weeks or a month or more times then not someone saying something that doesnt sit well with staff to post something players have a ton of good ideas but staff doesnt move on theam they dont bother posting anything so i feel all the ideas are just like pissing in the wind

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:45 am 

imo the account creation needs to be fixed asap. If we want new players we need to give them a way to create an account, someone who see's obsidian's website and says: "I'll try it out" and can't create an account, will leave it immediately. so before bugs before anything this should be resolved. I was thinking of some ways to promote Obs a little bit also, I could use a staff member to help me out and give me his opinions about a few ideas I got. If any staff member has the time just pm me, and I hope we could manage to restore obs to his formal glory!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:34 pm 

Sup Ares bro and yes account creation needs to be fixed asap.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:34 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
rmx... thats what i said 'back in the day' lol and im sure people that are a bit higher up realize this...

not wanting to do anything with obsi, is fine imo but dont hold people with fake promises and dates you know you wont uphold.

theres a difference between being busy and being fake. and i think most people can see that...

just 2 cents

account creation or die a prolonged ass death.. *ehm*

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:22 pm 

Well if everyone hasnt figured it out none care anymore when was the last time we have heard from bob months ago i mean bob was doing great for a while but then he started telling this and that would happen then nothing it wouldnt be so bad but then you hear of him playing other gams which is fine but dont say i havent had the time to do what i said i would but say i dont have time time for obsidian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 am 

Quote:

account creation or die a prolonged ass death.. *ehm*

I gotta agree here this should be the first priority of our staff and our players. What is the big hold up? No one to script ? Could we maybe temporary go to our old system? ( Not sure how it worked, but if it does work or something maybe we should imply it?)
[u]advertising will do us nothing if we can't accept new players. [/u]

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:54 pm 

I don't believe it's gonna be a decent shard again. I think ppl who own it aren't interesed on it anyway.

But I'd like to back to play, even if we had a playerbase of 15/20 players on.

Oriax - Necro
Bundinha - Craftswoman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:40 pm 

15-20 will always be fun bro !
i think houses shouldnt decay anymore so old ppl feel good to play back
,account creation , voting for changelogs and etc

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:11 am 

Smh...never thought the shard would end up like this but I guess with the shitty economy everyone is busy with real life. I can understand it I am busy as well hopefully someone can help the shard...I tried to get on but it was laggy, my houses decayed and noone else was on.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:50 am 

Quote:
Smh...never thought the shard would end up like this but I guess with the shitty economy everyone is busy with real life. I can understand it I am busy as well hopefully someone can help the shard...I tried to get on but it was laggy, my houses decayed and noone else was on.

Well I know myself and another player were on all day.It had a lil lag here n there but it wasn't un playable.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:11 am 

I've been gone a few weeks due to an operating system change, but on my way back.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:58 pm 

Well since it has been months since Bob has even posted on here, i think we can agree that it is basically BB all over again. He will keep the server going but as for anything else, not going to happen. So the choice is clear, play as is or move on.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 48 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next