It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:29 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
lmao terek. He chose people to do shit, but never gave them any kind of in-game permissions to do anything nor talk to them on how to do it. I think he said he'd talk with us in a week and get tutorial packages out to each of us on how to do the things we were assigned. Never happened though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

It's going, just slow. Hopefully a decent chunk will be done this weekend, plans permitting, we'll see. Working 90+ hour weeks is draining.

If my life stops rolling 1s that is.
Quote:
lmao terek. He chose people to do shit, but never gave them any kind of in-game permissions to do anything nor talk to them on how to do it. I think he said he'd talk with us in a week and get tutorial packages out to each of us on how to do the things we were assigned. Never happened though.

I gave you all assignments, said I'd work on getting some additional starting info put together for you, but so far i've heard responses from TWO of the people about their ideas and proposals. You do NOT need me to start some of your theory work or to start getting ideas or asking questions. If you're waiting on a "Getting started" packet to have to come up with ideas or even think of basic things you'd like to approach or theory crafting, then this isn't for you. Packets help, but long before you ever put code to paper, you have to have an idea of what you're aiming for first. So this tells to me you either like to bitch rather than be productive, or you just want shit handed to you and have no intention on actually putting in effort. The people who have continued to talk to me and ask questions have gotten answers, there's a reason I put my contact info out for you all. IT is much easier for me to come in after a day, spend 2 minutes answering queries or getting you all additional info, than it is to come in and say "Ok apoc, did you do your homework? Now here's how we pickup a crayon. Do you know what a crayon is?". Which you'd have known if you had brought me anything to work with or as a starting point for your ideas like the others have.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:17 pm 

I've helped echo, i havent seen anyone else do shit.

The only reason you came on here to post is because you saw me talking shit about you and you had to get back at me and make everyone think youre right. no one gives a f***, we dont need anyone brainstorming on in-game items or events or stories for books. We need scripts to be fixed, which from what ive seen since ive been playing isnt that much to get people playing again. Fix the game breaking scripts, then you can be busy all you want. Players can recruit if the main scripts are fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:21 pm 

I don't mean to talk shit or be rude, but when I see the game that I love and have played for around 10 years start to die, and nothing being done about it, I get pissed.

I don't want this game to ever die, I'd love to be able to play obsidian when im an old man lol

So please do whatever you can to at least get the shard in an recruitable state.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Actually the -only- reason i popped on forums when i did was we had a network outage and when it went past the 30 min mark I paged echo to put a notice up here about it, and it came up shortly after that so i came in here to check and update it.

But see even "Game breaking" scripts still have a lot of legwork to be done before fixing:

What's broke. How's it broke? How is it likely broke? What's the best way to fix it? What could the fix break? Are there any balance issues this may cause or has caused that need fixing too(such as duping)?

All that is work you can do without script access, that makes it easier for me, when i have time to look at it, go "Oh, hey, you've done this work already, that saves me 5-10 or even hours of work" depending on the bug.

My point is just this:

Yes i haven't gotten you all the starter packets i wanted to get together, but i had said that was an 'i'll try' thing. Even without those, there are lots of things you all can take the initiative to start work on, to talk with echo and do planning on, that will save us all time later.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:53 pm 

Quote:
Actually the -only- reason i popped on forums when i did was we had a network outage and when it went past the 30 min mark I paged echo to put a notice up here about it, and it came up shortly after that so i came in here to check and update it.

But see even "Game breaking" scripts still have a lot of legwork to be done before fixing:

What's broke. How's it broke? How is it likely broke? What's the best way to fix it? What could the fix break? Are there any balance issues this may cause or has caused that need fixing too(such as duping)?

All that is work you can do without script access, that makes it easier for me, when i have time to look at it, go "Oh, hey, you've done this work already, that saves me 5-10 or even hours of work" depending on the bug.

My point is just this:

Yes i haven't gotten you all the starter packets i wanted to get together, but i had said that was an 'i'll try' thing. Even without those, there are lots of things you all can take the initiative to start work on, to talk with echo and do planning on, that will save us all time later.
We are preparing a list for you and will have it soon up. I'm having 4/5 players reviewing it, then hopefully you can tell us what's ur ETA on that

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2