It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 5 of 7   [ 104 posts ]
Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:14 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
nah dedo, Its just some ppl put him down when they really CAN'T put him down :lol:

Is this the one that I JUST gave you?
I didn’t give you this to sell, I gave you this because I wanted to help you hunt, gain skills, and hopefully some day you would be getting your own You begged me for this, and then you turn around and sell it?
Quote:
woops wrong number its a +5 and no the one u gave me im keeping
sub zero- The SnowMan
interceptor- frost warrior
DK- pvm in training
chips- Lord of the Sea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:15 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I think the only time I fought him 1 on 1 was during an event...which I won. I've fought harder people, but he was not bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:17 am 

he's not a sword v sword person though, he likes fighting mages
but from what i heard it's the same with you :D

I didn’t give you this to sell, I gave you this because I wanted to help you hunt, gain skills, and hopefully some day you would be getting your own You begged me for this, and then you turn around and sell it?
Quote:
sub zero- The SnowMan
DK- pvm in training
chips- Lord of the Sea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:16 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
well he told me when he was gonna hit,,, dont ask me thats what i thought also
he musta had some good guesses,, i guess ? or maybe something i was doing when i was dueling that lessened the chances of him missing/highered the chances,
and its not random, because there are factors affectting how much you hit for , if you hit and how much damage /feed back damage you deal,,
EG. poison pots make you miss and your hit timer to reset(if timed right)
talk when you know NOOB
or either come beat me in pvp or something..... NOOB 8) :lol:
geez..u cant know where u will hit or not in UO...read something about it, then post crappy sh^t....u can only make ur chances to hit higher...who is the noob now? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:33 am 

nah not true hit someone with a p pot as they raise there wep (you cant hit than)
and theres more than one way to make a warrior miss/ not swing
ashes says you can stop a mage from doing 100% of the spells he cast
but you can also make a warrior miss/not swing 99% of the time :)
if i said where you hit i ment when :roll:

ps. your the noob :wink:
just because you played anther shard doesn't mean u can come here and know whats up
just like you can't go from obsid to ><uo and do well there,,, wait i take that back because me and ashes could have owned the whole shard our 5 th day there :roll:

Quote:
sub zero- The SnowMan
DK- pvm in training
chips- Lord of the Sea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:11 pm 

lol azi, not everyone has the time to be switching skills and stats on their chars every two months. some ppl are just good at pvp no matter their char make up, while others are just good at taking advantage of the system and act as if they were good at pvp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:16 pm 

Hitting someone with a p pot is different to knowing when it'll hit or miss. A p pot simply stops the attack of both parties involved. Knowing when you'll hit is completely different.

Edit:
Quote:
some ppl are just good at pvp no matter their char make up, while others are just good at taking advantage of the system and act as if they were good at pvp.
Being good at pvp is knowing the system inside and out but yeah I know what you're getting at. Taking advantage of the system is like when a warrior pumps his dex to 180 atm, where as being just good at pvp means whenever the system changes, you'll know what changes to make to still remain on top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:53 pm 

Being good at pvp is mostly an issue of speed and coordination. There are alot of tools to a warrior besides character build, weapons and bandages - and this is what separates a good warrior from a great one.

I disagree with the healing/anat thing though, I point-blank refused to drop my anatomy to heal through poison, and I never had any problems in pvp. In my opinion dropping anat was just an 'easy' option for those that dont have the timing to cope with the new poisoning system. Inevitably it makes for an inferior warrior with less potent heals.

Last edited by Thassius on Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:53 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
nah not true hit someone with a p pot as they raise there wep (you cant hit than)
and theres more than one way to make a warrior miss/ not swing
ashes says you can stop a mage from doing 100% of the spells he cast
but you can also make a warrior miss/not swing 99% of the time :)
if i said where you hit i ment when :roll:

ps. your the noob :wink:
just because you played anther shard doesn't mean u can come here and know whats up
just like you can't go from obsid to ><uo and do well there,,, wait i take that back because me and ashes could have owned the whole shard our 5 th day there :roll:

lol...i werent playing any other shards.... just red about the uo main rules.....im here longer than u, so....
u r the noob...heh ok end of story :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:57 pm 

lol an emo friend of mine told me that thassius was good at pvp when the ppl he was fighting were scrubs, so he was good for like 3 months, then some pingu pvpers came and he became a staff member lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:33 pm 

Quote:
lol an emo friend of mine told me that thassius was good at pvp when the ppl he was fighting were scrubs, so he was good for like 3 months, then some pingu pvpers came and he became a staff member lol.
haha I completely agree with Jackal here on the issue of **** and PvP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:10 pm 

There are few players still playing who have *truly* seen me fight at my potential (and I don't mean just 1v1), and that doesnt include those commenting in this thread. I certainly didn't get a name for myself at the time fighting noobs, and it would be quite possible for me to count alot of victories over the winners of previous 'Top 10 pvp' lists in the past couple of years.

You're right, I *was* a pvper, then I became staff. I swapped my battle axe for a Counselor Robe, and I don't think it is fair to victimise me for taking that path. After all, I've worked long and hard for this place.

So please, don't talk trash about things you don't know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:17 pm 

I did some research on the issue, and asked around if ppl knew who thassius was. i got mixed reactions, but 90 percent of the ppl said he was a decent staff member, and about 10 percent of the ppl asked said he had a warrior back in the day. So then my emo friend said.. "look child, thassius was like evander hollifield, he knocked out tyson once, and then he beat him again, then lennox louis came around and he got knnocked the f*** out".. so if you ask around now.. hey was hollifield the greatest fighter ever?,, hollifield will say he was cuz he beat iron mike.. but everyone else will say he wasnt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:39 pm 

I learned the system, and I adapted, so am I to understand that you folks think that is wrong? The ones who have not learned the system and adapted are the ones who no longer play because they were unable to compete or the ones most vocal for change. If dex was not high, there would be no way in hell any warrior could challenge a decent nox mage, and anyone who says otherwise...prove it.

I love how I'm bashed for learning the system...for finding a way to live when others die. I spent hundreds of thousands of gold and countless hours testing things to find a good combination of str and dex...even more time working on timing and preparation for a fight. I plan on spending the same amount of time testing the new system, and adapting accordingly. Timing is everything, and anything that can be done to adjust the timing to your favor should be looked at as good planning, not a cheep tactic.

Even with the high dex and a vanq bow, I still fall to a Nox mage 3 out of 4 times...and there are not many people on the shard who are not nox mages who can beat me. I'll do whatever I have to do to stay competitive even if the people who can't compete (or want instant victory EVERY TIME no matter what) claim it as a crappy tactic.

Edit:
Thassius. Perhaps you should sit down with a pen and paper and work out the numbers. Calculate how much damage deadly poison does, the delay on casting deadly poison, the delay of a cure pot, the delay of a heal pot, the delay of a poison pot, and the delay of healing. When I worked out all these numbers (not including FS or Lightning or harm) there is no way possible for a warrior to live while fighting a mage casting nothing but deadly poison, unless the warrior kills the mage first, or anatomy is lowered. I would like to test this with you, and prove my point, if you have time. The entire fight should last less then 1 minute (about 48 seconds to be more exact)

Last edited by Azimuth on Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:48 pm 

The Holyfield analogy stinks, because I beat alot more than one opponent, and I when I retired I was at the top. I never got 'knocked the f*** out'.

Still, I don't want to discuss this anymore, because clearly the issue is rife with bitchiness and lies passed through hear'say.

Any more discussion involving my player character will be deleted. I won't have people trashtalk my past, but the bottom line is I am not a player any more. I am a GM.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 5 of 7   [ 104 posts ]
Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next