It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:54 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject: Re: It's that time again
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:26 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Plus we can even have another instance of UO running on the same server called Test, where we can actually test the coding that we do and once it's ok we can bring it live on the actual main server...

Just saying..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:59 pm 

No offense Bob, but those excuses of your's ran out 5 years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:07 pm 

Give me the address and ill make that drive, im only in edmond.

And I said use 5 minutes of your day to make a post on what's going on, can you not pull ur phone out when ur taking a shit to post?

I've been helping, i've helped echo, scripted for him, and have given him suggestions. Staff need to be on to motivate and educate players on how they can help, most people on here haven't a clue on how this game works.

But honestly more staff need to be hired, if 3-4 staff were on then I'm sure players would logon and help the best they could.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:43 pm 

Staff at this moment is pointless, period.

Bob or someone needs to fix the last little things in-game and then we can start talking about more Staff.

The shard is already dead 90% of the day, what are Staff gonna do to help?!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:32 am 

We need staff to show players how to test shit and takes notes on it so bob can then fix it, staff are exactly what we need right now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:57 am 

Yahoo Messenger: N/A
Recruit staff and give them powers so they can help echo rebuild, even just temporary staff, 2 more GMs would do the trick, shut obsidian down for a week, a 5 man team behind the scenes could blitz the problems :-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

We're working on that. but as i said in the skype, bringing on new staff is still a LOT of work, because in the past we used the "staff don't know shit" method of security. Obsidian was never setup to be worked on by lots of people, especially not people who may know what they're doing. It had crappy security rules, and even worse divisions between different staff "types". Even a counci could have caused hell if they knew how to script. Which is why obsi had a long promotion process and "Trust" for hiring new staff.

I am wanting to do away with that, and have all staff actually have a clue and be able to work on things. but to do that it means i have to rescript most of obsidiain's permissions, redo how the few security systems we have for staff work, and make things "safe" to bring in people who may or may not cause trouble later in indeterminate ways.

So yes, new staff is coming. But it takes time, and i have a shortage of it. When i can only work on the shard in 15-30 minute gaps between other things in life, it is VERY slow. Anyone who works with systems knows it's best to work in large gaps of time, so you spend less time in ramp-up and ramp-down(unproductive getting everything setup to do work and learning where you left off), and spend more time doing actual work.

You think my excuses are getting old? Imagine how I feel. I have to live the life.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:59 pm 

Lol Bob, No one is going to f*** with the scripts. The only people who want to help out are players who've been here for 10 years....

It's just sad to see that the only time we get a response out of you is when players get sick and tired and have to post about it.

Learn to let go. Pass on the torch.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:05 pm 

I have to agree with crimson on this. I know how rl is busy. And how it can get in the way of plans. But damn 4 or 5 years. And posts from you bob come few and very far. I feel its getting old. But no matter what I know that the torch isn't going to be passed. A year from now we wont be in much better shape as we are now. But we will get our post saying this and that will happen and it wont. I understand 90+ hours working. But you have to take a shit some time while your doing that post a few lines.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:12 pm 

Like I said in-game, I give this shard another year tops before the only person playing is Albert.

I don't have all the "free" time in the world you're assuming I have, Bob, but you're the one that took up the responsibility of fixing this shard so I don't know why you come up with so many excuses for it. You've said the same BS since '09 and yet nothing has been completed. Sorry if you feel your life is more hectic then ours, but like I said, you took up the responsibility of fixing this shard so quit the excuses.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:10 am 

Yahoo Messenger: N/A
Obsidian will be restored, it has to be, it must be! There are shards with 900 players even after so long, theres no reason why obsidian is stopped in its tracks, so whats the issue? And how can it be fixed? Whats the source of the problem? Even before bob took over obsidian still had issues, the playerbase was just 13, 20 on a good day. The problem is not enough staff, bob can not do this on his own, even with echos help, its like running a burger king with 2 members of staff! It wont work! Thats the problem...lets eliminate it.

Lets all work together :-) bob has stated his reasons of the argument, and the players have stated there's, now lets get things moving :-)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:09 am 

Not even Kraken logs to host his cool events...I mean wtf guys..

There's 3 of you

Bob
Echo
Kraken

Wake the f*** up :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:44 pm 

kraken logs on. I saw him yesterday, but he just logs on to macro stone me x2 :(

But honestly there no point in doing events for like 3 players especially since he doesn't have much variety

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2