It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:39 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: It's that time again
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:16 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
For me to bitch about where everyone is.

I'm tempted to drive to OKC and slap you in the face bob and ask you what the hell youre doing. Get the hell on here, tell us the damn truth about your intentions. We dont give a rats ass if you dont care, because its apparent. No one is that busy that they cant get on here and make a 5 min post.

Give the shard to someone, share the scripts, or get the f*** back on the game.

Echo, don't give me any shit about posting this. You haven't been on either, I know you've done alot lately to help but it has only been in-game stuff, we need someone scripting and on everyday for this game to come back again.

I'm tired of bob bullshitting us every post he makes, i dont give a f*** if a tornado hit your house 3 years ago, and it definatly didnt hit your house in OKC. Unless you live in moore youre lying.

It's sad that someone cant take 5 minutes out of their day to tell his old friends and loyal players what is going on, and how he really feels about obsidian. I'ts pathetic really.

The longer you guys wait, the more players you lose, and the less chance you have of this shard ever coming back (if you care that is).

Now with that said, let's hear from bob about how I'm wrong and how he's right and has had such a horrible life.

Post subject: Re: It's that time again
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:01 pm 

Quote:
For me to bitch about where everyone is.

I'm tempted to drive to OKC and slap you in the face bob and ask you what the hell youre doing. Get the hell on here, tell us the damn truth about your intentions. We dont give a rats ass if you dont care, because its apparent. No one is that busy that they cant get on here and make a 5 min post.

Give the shard to someone, share the scripts, or get the f*** back on the game.

Echo, don't give me any shit about posting this. You haven't been on either, I know you've done alot lately to help but it has only been in-game stuff, we need someone scripting and on everyday for this game to come back again.

I'm tired of bob bullshitting us every post he makes, i dont give a f*** if a tornado hit your house 3 years ago, and it definatly didnt hit your house in OKC. Unless you live in moore youre lying.

It's sad that someone cant take 5 minutes out of their day to tell his old friends and loyal players what is going on, and how he really feels about obsidian. I'ts pathetic really.

The longer you guys wait, the more players you lose, and the less chance you have of this shard ever coming back (if you care that is).

Now with that said, let's hear from bob about how I'm wrong and how he's right and has had such a horrible life.
First, let me just say the only reason I am playing this is to pass the time throughout the day as I look for a job/apply for graduate school.

Now, to the bulk of your actual post, Spawn.

I have said this before and I will say it again (as I stick by what I say), Bob will not give up this shard to someone who is capable of scripting for nothing in the world. Why? Because for him this is a collectors item and he'd rather see the shard completely die, then allow someone to restore it to an all time high. That is the sad truth and I don't care if Echo, Kraken or even Bob himself saids it isn't true because the way the shard has been since '09 shows that my statement is more true than what Staff would say.

Frankly, I have just learned to play the game and give up even bothering posting anymore about stuff. Since coming back in '09 I have seen how messed up some of the tweaks Bob has made is and how unbalanced some combat skills are, but when I go to see what people have posted, most of the time he's never answered or he gives some random formula to justify his means. Once I saw that none of our inputs mattered in '09 I had the realization that this shard would never hit the peak it once had.

But I do agree. It shouldn't be a problem to come on and give a quick update on where he is (or isn't obviously), then to come on once a year and make his usual "promise" thread and then drift into oblivion as usual. Heck, even Echo seemed to have promised some changes, but the only real solid change that possible helped the shard a little bit was making Kraken a Seer (which I think was pointless and could have waited for the more important things to be worked).

TL;DR - The shard is at its max and will never be any better than it is now.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:13 pm 

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/wp-con ... utrage.jpg

I AM ALSO OUTRAGED THAT I CAN NOT POST IMAGES

Last edited by Wizard_of_Gore on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:17 pm 

That moment when bob removes his head from his ass, is when the shard will come back to life. That is all that needs to happen.

The ONLY thing holding this game back is bob. If he didn't think so highly of himself, thinking he's a "god", then we could move on.

What made me laugh was when the whole skype convo was held. I was in this convo, along with alot of other players. Every player in this conversation was talking using a mic, but oh no.. not bob. You could hear him type and cough but he wouldnt say a word. That right there just shows you a little something about him.

But anyways, echo apparently now has access to all the scripts. With that being said, echo can actually fix all the problems.

If you can't script echo, find someone who can.
If you need help, ask for help
If you don't know what youre doing, hire staff who can.
If you think the shard is going down the shiter, give someone the scripts to keep obsidian going.

Everyone acts like it's "illegal" to use someone else's script, or to edit it. But it's not. This whole server is illegal, if you want to get technical, we are playing this game illegally.

So I don't know why bob has to act like sharing another staff members script is so horrible, because it's not.

Like this race script you have, you say some old staff member "sonna" made it, and doesn't want anyone to edit it? Who gives a f***? Where has he been? Nowhere near obsidian, I've played for 10 years and have never once seen him in-game or on the forums.

The whole point of this is, if you don't want to do anymore work to this server, then give it to someone who has the balls to at least tell their loyal players why they dont give a damn anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:40 pm 

Quote:
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/wp-con ... utrage.jpg

I AM ALSO OUTRAGED THAT I CAN NOT POST IMAGES

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:20 am 

You might as well just start advertising the game and see who would like to play regardless of where the shard is.

The shard isn't even 10% ready to be advertised, but if you want new people, might as well advertise the shard as is.

Just my two-cents.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:26 am 

I never said I want new people right now, I said to hand the game over.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:51 am 

Quote:
Bob would rather see the game die, then allow someone else to fix it.

Really, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:58 am 

Quote:
Quote:

I don't see what's the fuzz of being so greedy about it.

He had it handed over, he can do the same.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:17 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't see what's the fuzz of being so greedy about it.

He had it handed over, he can do the same.
It's been 5 years since he's had it and more than 2 years with no major improvement to the shard.

Safe to say he's not giving it up if he hasn't already.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:18 pm 

Quote:
LOL That's totally me IRL

Also, that's totally stupid that it lets you throw a facebook image into img tags but I can't hardlink from a blog or postimage.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:19 pm 

What If raptor took bob hostage and only allows him to post every 6 months?

On a serious note, Bob enjoys watching the players grumble.

why doesn't anyone simply just rebuild a server that's almost identical?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:27 pm 

Quote:
What If raptor took bob hostage and only allows him to post every 6 months?

On a serious note, Bob enjoys watching the players grumble.

why doesn't anyone simply just rebuild a server that's almost identical?
Meh...Not going to even answer to that lel

Last edited by Terek Molt on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

Apoc, please, drive up here. It would make my day.

Lets see from the top:

#1. I type because having a written record of conversations like that is better for referring back to, and there is no question of having to repeat myself due to people mis-hearing or something being unclear. Written records are pretty useful for keeping track of shit.

#2.
Quote:
Everyone acts like it's "illegal" to use someone else's script, or to edit it. But it's not. This whole server is illegal, if you want to get technical, we are playing this game illegally.

So I don't know why bob has to act like sharing another staff members script is so horrible, because it's not.
That's because you do not understand the difference between illegal, and unethical. And you're only playing it illegally if you never bought a copy of UO. Other than that it is technically legal by current rulings. The more ya know. But again, just because its legal doesnt' mean they can't use the threat of going to court to prove it to drain or shutdown shards. Proving the law is on your side is expensive.

#3.
Quote:
Why? Because for him this is a collectors item and he'd rather see the shard completely die, then allow someone to restore it to an all time high.
Lol, if that was the case why would I bother posting at all?
Or maybe, just maybe, restoring the shard is more work than you all seem to think?
Believe me, If I wanted to collect a timesink that looks pretty, i'd start restoring a convertible.

#4.
Quote:
Echo has been in contact with the people who volunteered, and only a small amount of them actually put effort past that initial meeting. For how much effort you all put into bitching on forums, when asked to do actual work suddenly you don't seem to have time or words.

#5.
Quote:
It shouldn't be a problem to come on and give a quick update on where he is (or isn't obviously),
You'd think that, but realize that any "quick" update usually eats up most of my evening, answering pages, private messages in forums, etc. The amount of time i have to put in just to keep things running is nontrivial, but it's all just keeping things running, so as far as you all are concerned you never see it or know it exists. The "its only 5 minutes" mentality is laughable.

Now, if you're quite done, since you seem to keep track of my life so much, please explain to me how working 90+ hour weeks, having to emergency move and find lodgings with less than a weeks notice, and starting legal proceedings against the general contractor who was rebuilding my house and having to find another one plus doing three massive systems deployments at work that necessitates lots of overtime on top of all that is "not giving a rat's ass about the shard".

And please, explain to me again how winds ripping off a flatroof have anything to do with a tornado? Or the fact that tornados can't hit okc? Dear god, at least learn your weather, or lack thereof.

I put time into it, but honestly I don't have that much spare and a good chunk of what little "Free" time i have is spent de-stressing enough to where I can properly deal with the rest of the week.

Sorry you have so much free time, some of us don't. You seem to think it's "5 minutes" here and there, which shows you have no concept how actual development work is done.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:23 pm 

Quote:

#4.
Quote:
Echo has been in contact with the people who volunteered, and only a small amount of them actually put effort past that initial meeting. For how much effort you all put into bitching on forums, when asked to do actual work suddenly you don't seem to have time or words.
I asked several times to help but I didn't get a straight answer back from Echo.
Quote:

#5.
Quote:
It shouldn't be a problem to come on and give a quick update on where he is (or isn't obviously),
You'd think that, but realize that any "quick" update usually eats up most of my evening, answering pages, private messages in forums, etc. The amount of time i have to put in just to keep things running is nontrivial, but it's all just keeping things running, so as far as you all are concerned you never see it or know it exists. The "its only 5 minutes" mentality is laughable.

Now, if you're quite done, since you seem to keep track of my life so much, please explain to me how working 90+ hour weeks, having to emergency move and find lodgings with less than a weeks notice, and starting legal proceedings against the general contractor who was rebuilding my house and having to find another one plus doing three massive systems deployments at work that necessitates lots of overtime on top of all that is "not giving a rat's ass about the shard".

And please, explain to me again how winds ripping off a flatroof have anything to do with a tornado? Or the fact that tornados can't hit okc? Dear god, at least learn your weather, or lack thereof.

I put time into it, but honestly I don't have that much spare and a good chunk of what little "Free" time i have is spent de-stressing enough to where I can properly deal with the rest of the week.

Sorry you have so much free time, some of us don't. You seem to think it's "5 minutes" here and there, which shows you have no concept how actual development work is done.

Then again, if you don't have time, we did post plenty of suggestions, but they seem to be unseen.

It's pretty simple what we need, there's a few things that need to be fixed, and we posted this over and over, then we need to advertise the shard, and get more staff members (in case we get players)..

I think we said, and posted this over and over and over...

There's really a small list of things that need to be fixed, not many..And if you don't have time to do it, give us access to the code so that we can code it for you, or fix it with the help of Echo..I don't think that's too unethical or so...

Like seriously, we said over and over and over:

Necros need to be fixed (we already said how)
Vamps need to be fixed (with relative quests) (we already said how)
Drops need to be fixed (we already said how)
Some crafting issues need to be fixed (eg, can't sell some items, can't stack some items etc..)

We can put up a post with the major fixes that need to be done, and perhaps you can give us updates on it (on the actual topic) at least saying:

Hey for those necros, since we need to do this, for the time that I have it'll take: 1 month, 1 year w/e
Or
I don't have time to get into the code, here's the code for necros, you can fix it, Echo can modify it (as per our fix) and then we can bring it live.

Not that hard.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next