It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:50 pm 
Site Admin

Let me tell you, when i barely have time to even attempt to keep up with server maintenance to keep shit running, not even enough to tend forums properly, and having to migrate shit so new staff can come on, the LAST thing I want to have to do is deal with cheaters.

Anyone who is jailed from this most recent bug abuse sweep, congratulations, you've now added a few hours work to my plate while i verify whether you have any claims to innocence.

This will be the 6th such event i've had to waste time dealing with this year, and i'm apparently too lenient in doing so, since they keep happening. For how few players we have, we sure do to seem to have a disproportionate amount who want to ruin the fun for everyone else by cheating. Asking people to do the right thing and not abuse shit and ruin the game for everyone is apparently not the right answer, nor is telling them not to do it again. I would much rather spend what little time i have actually working on finalizing these staff fixes so we can bring the new guys online.

That being said, if any of the new potential staff are caught in this, you better have a damn good explanation. You can't claim you want to help the shard while destroying it when you think i'm not looking.

Also, if i hear the excuse "Well I wanted to force you to fix it", that person is getting sitebanned, no questions asked. Whether you believe my life or not is up to you, however thinking that wasting time tracking down bug abusers and cleaning up the worldfile is somehow a useful way to spend what little time I do have, you are sorely mistaken, and not welcome here. I barely have time as it is, and i'd much rather spend it on productive things.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]