It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:10 pm 
Game Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
Does anybody use the Ranger or War-Mage classes?

Just wondering for balance sake if these need a bit of a change to make them more appealing?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:40 pm 

War-Mage needs its healing raised to at least 80.

It's essentially a tank, so I didn't see the point in also lowering its healing when it's technically a mixture of the two.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:25 pm 

Maybe show us a class chart so we can be more precise? We have no clue about the armor penalties and the skills. Like I know that warriors can use archery but there is kind of a disadvantage.. But not sure. I actually had no clue that Rangers could use fencing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:50 am 

I use the rngaer class on my warrior and I think it's okay needs a few adjustments. Not sure what, I thought maybe adding chivalry spells might work better for ranger then magery would.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:52 am 

They are fine, and very balanced..

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:20 am 

Nobody uses war mage because of the healing/meditation nerf. Either one of the 2 has to be to 100. Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:22 am 

Quote:
Nobody uses war mage because of the healing/meditation nerf. Either one of the 2 has to be to 100. Otherwise it doesn't make sense.
80 healing will make War-Mage more useful.

I don't even know why Bob lowered it to 50 seeing as a War-Mage is essentially half Warrior and half Mage.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:47 pm 

Quote:
Venom does, and go fight with him and check the balance

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:42 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Venom does, and go fight with him and check the balance
On what char?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:43 pm 

I honestley have no clue what benefits, skill cap, race abilites, race benefits, any of the classes/races give you.

There needs to be a new skill/class/race guide made. The only thing I know is what my chars have, and I probably don't even know all of the benefits I get for my chars.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:41 pm 

I think they're all pretty well balanced. I would give humans a bonus though, maybe 50 skill points, maybe 100. If not skill points something else. They're non-restrictions can count as their powers.

Yeah, bob needs to repost the spreadsheet of class restrictions, but I remember some of it.

-Warriors: mostly have no magery and deal 50% damage with bows. No penalty from armor. Can use any melee.
-Rangers: take stamina penalty from platemail and deal 75% with melee weapons. Also 50% magery/med cap I think not sure.
-Mages: can only use staves and are capped to 50% healing and take stamina penalty from platemail and chainmail.
-War mages :are capped at 50 med and 50 healing but can use any weapons and take stamina penalty from platemail.
-Artificers: can only use fencing and are capped at 50% healing I think not sure but can have GM magery and take penalty from platemail.
-Smiths: can have GM healing and wear platemail but can only use hammers and 50% magery.
-Necromancers: can only use maces and are capped at 80% magery and 50% healing and take stamina penalty from platemail and chainmail.

There are a bunch of other skills that are capped to varying degrees but these are the important ones IMO and some could be wrong just approximations. Anatomy might be capped on some cant remember.

As for race skills just read the changelog they're all still right there.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:52 pm 
Staff

The Race/Class thread GmBob posted in the shard manual section somehow lost its image. I have restored it. You can find that thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=19223

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]