It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject: Re: Uh oh
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:27 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I have done the process
*sigh* You always do love trying to bring things into the public forum and put your spin on it don't you.

It has nothing to do with paranoia. You've been given, verbatim, the steps you need to take to do exactly what you're bitching you can do but aren't allowed to. It's not our fault you refuse to do the legwork required. So no, you haven't done the process.
Quote:
The fact is, I've told you over 20 times I'm here to help script, and NOTHING has been done for me to help.
You can get access to any script to fix at your own whim, the only one standing in your way is -you-. We've told you multiple times, the only thing you need to get scripts is to present two things for any given issue:
#1. What's broke specifically.
#2. a basic of idea of what you think is broke about it/what you want to do to try to fix it.
To date you've not even presented a SINGLE request that fits those criteria. And you have my personal skype, and Echo's. Plenty has been done to help you, you refuse to do the work.
Quote:
I shouldn't have to sit and type a 5 paragraph story on why kills do not decay properly and how I believe I can fix it.Now, things that need balanced, I can understand that. But not the simple things like kill decay.
The fact that you feel kill decay is both simple, and not a balance issue, is exactly why those steps are in place.
Because you obviously don't have a plan, nor are you fully thinking out the fixes you want to make. The steps are there to help you.

You're smart enough to know that and know exactly why they're there. And no one ever said 5 paragraphs, in fact I never even said it had to be full sentences with proper grammar, although that would be nice.

If you don't want to do the proper work, then don't. But don't complain that your laziness is somehow my fault.

Quote:

Tell me I can help, give me a script, I fix it, I test it, I give it back to you, YOU test it, YOU make sure that I'm not adding a secret script for me to cheat, you put it in the game.

Your complaint has always been that you don't get full scripts right that second. And quite frankly it has nothing to do with copying or worry you'll run off with them, but it has to do with the fact that if you can't put in the effort to do even those two BASIC steps, then there's no reason to think you'll apply any more effort to anything else you do and quite frankly "help" like that always causes more problems than it fixes.

My and Echo's goal has always been to train up new staff that can run this place without us.
Which requires them to have initiative to locate problems on their own, the ability to plan how to fix them, and determine side effects, ideally without any feedback or input from us. But to get to that point the feedback is required, and we can help speed up the learning process by giving it and avoiding mistakes.

You have not demonstrated that initiative, and instead you choose to waste more effort bitching on the forums than actually putting the effort into fixing the shard itself. The only person standing in your way of you helping the shard is you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:58 pm 
Game Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
+1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:13 pm 

I've posted numerous times to the skype convo, and I never get a reply. The one time I did was 3 months later.

Honestly, seeing how dead this place is now, I wouldn't want to waste the time to do anything. You say you're doing all these things, but from what I've heard nothing is being accomplished. Ever since the skype conversation took place, which was probably about a year ago, not (1) thing script wise has been fixed, the ONLY things that have been added to the game is decoration.

You can sit here and say you've scripted, life is so hard that you can't get on, blah blah. But I highly doubt that's the issue, it seems like you've lost your "mojo" to get this game going again. But there's always a reason for everything here on obsidian.

And echo, if you would remove your nose from bob's ass for once maybe you wouldn't be such a dick.

Now ban me because "I cussed at a super important ultima online staff member!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:15 pm 

+1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:45 pm 
Game Admin

Life must be so hard being a troll. Like Bob told you: Spend some time being productive and constructive rather than destructive and negative. You'll find it'll have a far greater effect.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:15 pm 

I've tried bud, nothing gets through to yall. Have fun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:49 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
life is so hard that you can't get on, blah blah. But I highly doubt that's the issue
You're welcome to believe whatever you want. However, I'm curious. At the point you're assuming everything someone says is a lie, why even waste time talking to them at all? Since you keep it up, you obviously don't even believe your own accusations.

Now, Don't get me wrong, my inclination for shardwork is much lower than it was years ago. I've said as much, our intention was bringing in new staff to fully replace me and echo since we both know our real life commitments are too much to give the shard the full attention it needs.

But ask yourself why I'd even bother making a post and making up reasons i don't have time, instead of putting that time into the game?

If you ever put half the effort you put into criticizing into fixing things, you'd have been a full gm years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:23 pm 

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Gandalf The Grey,

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2