It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Removed content
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:41 am 

I've noticed that the cotton fields have been removed, as well as an always-there horse spawn. I think when things like this are removed they should be mentioned in the changelog, I understand it's probably because I was one of the only ones who knew/took advantage of those things, but they were put there as a reward for players who explored and an incentive to even get on. It's not like me getting a few thousand bandages every few days, or a reliable horse spawn is too game breaking.

Post subject: Re: Removed content
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:15 pm 
Game Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
Fair call on it being mentioned in the changelog. I'll see to it that future changes like this are put in.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:04 pm 

Yeah I dont understand why these small things are being removed. If anything it should stay to keep players playing, instead of it being just another thing that we can no longer use.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:04 pm 
Game Admin

The horse spawn wasn't intended to be a perma spawn and the cotton fields have been moved. These aren't the kind of things that "keep players playing", they're just small details that weren't setup properly.

But then again, a black mustang spawn and a magic lamp that spits out 10,000 regs every minute could be a "small thing" we could just add in to keep players playing?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:14 pm 

those need to be put in at my house...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:34 am 

I love how staff ask me to be courteous and kind on the forums. When I do, I'm smacked in the face with a smart ass remark from a GM. But I've come to expect that when I criticize a staff's actions, it's like you get angry when someone says they didn't like what you did. But I'm just a regular ol' player, I have no power here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:10 pm 
Game Admin

Your opinion is valid and listened to, so don't think that it isn't because of the player/staff dynamic. Sure, I gave you a bit of cheek but I do LISTEN and take note of what you and other players enjoy.

In this particular instance though it's essentially giving you a free resource - which is REALLY bad for balance in the long run. Short-term it's great, but that's not something we want to encourage.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:12 pm 

k

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:10 pm 

Quote:

But then again, a black mustang spawn and a magic lamp that spits out 10,000 regs every minute could be a "small thing" we could just add in to keep players playing?
Maybe you can pay people to play :roll: :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:17 pm 

Well idk if any of what I'm going to say can be done. As I don't know what can be put in game or what not. I agree with echo as far as getting something for free that isn't going to keep people playing. Maybe just long enough to get what they can for free about it. But why not have us earn it? Maybe put stables in where we could breed horses maybe even a stang once in a blue moon. Farms where we could grow cotton food maybe even regs. All I know is we need something figured out to get players going again. I have looked at the server stat for weeks now and 0. Even had 40-50 str fish not one bid. Anyway maybe one of the ideas I have can work. On a side note my miner wont die now lol

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]