It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject: Re: What's next?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:30 am 

This is apocalypse.

I have tried countless times to help, I have told echo what needs to be fixed, what I wanted to fix, and how I was going to fix it with no response. You guys have TRUST issues,
you think someone having a "copy" of a script will destroy the server. What harm comes from you copying and pasting a script to another player? NOTHING. But you will get on
here and rant about "but the staff who made the scripts have copyright over it!". No, they don't. They don't give a shit, you're just trying to give a bullshit reason not to
give someone the scripts. Sharing scripts will have no consequences, nothing will come of copying and pasting a script to another player. But you come in here acting like it's f****** area 51, and if someone got
ahold of a script the server would explode into oblivion. Why not share the scripts? Give the players an opportunity to get a headstart with their own server, who knows maybe
it will become another obsidian? But oh jesus if that would happen you wouldn't have power would you?

"But they don't know the old obsidian legacy "code", they will never get anywhere". Who cares? Let them try. How in the hell would that affect you or obsidian?

I'm telling you right now, I could personally take obsidian's scripts, and actually take the time out of my day to fix them. It would take a while by myself, but I would
be working towards fixing it, instead of giving everyone a bullshit story on how f****** depressing and hard life is. Yes, I can script, and I can script well. I have told
echo this numerous times. I have told echo to tell YOU that I can script, but what happens? Nothing. You guys probably laugh at the fact that I want to help, I get on the
forums and speak the truth and I get banned, so don't let apocalypse do anything!

Get off your f****** high horse and make a change, quit coming in here acting like it's not your fault when it is. "This" is ALL your fault, no one else. You are the one
who can script, NO one else can. Echo says he can script but he knows f*** all of scripting even though he acts like he does.

NOTHING will get done without YOU. Don't try and persuade everyone that it's not your fault. Quit your bullshit dude, we're all tired of it. Seriously man, quit f****** over
this server, there are so many people around the world who love this game, and you not doing ANYTHING has made this wonderful experience vanish. Do the right thing man,
let someone else have a chance on bringing obsidian back to life, so that others may experience all the fun times we all have enjoyed. It's fine if you don't have the time
or motiviation to do this anymore, just don't let obsidian continue down the path it's been going.

I'm really hoping you give someone the chance bob, I have loved obsidian since I was 12 years old just like a huge amount of other players have.

And before you flip and ban my account. He does not have access to my account. just posting for him.

Decimation[Dark Honor]
Shadow[GWAR]
Hemlock[Outkastz]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:09 am 
Game Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
Rather than constantly bitching about wanting the scripts so you can start your own shard - why don't you just go do exactly that?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:18 am 

well he does have a few points but I'm not saying take the script and start his own shard but would be nice for at least some updates at least once a month would be nice once a week updates would be nice maybe a form for updates idk just miss the game

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:28 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
You guys probably laugh at the fact that I want to help, I get on the
forums and speak the truth and I get banned, so don't let apocalypse do anything!

And before you flip and ban my account. He does not have access to my account. just posting for him.
Apoc was banned because, after years of warnings by multiple staff, he refused to change his behavior.
And he knows this.
The truth is never an issue. There's a reason I am very loathe to ban anyone. I don't punish people for disagreement, never have, never will.

The pointless attacks, insults, and spending roughly 50-80% of every post he made attacking other people instead of contributing to discussion, to the point that he would derail other topics just to continue his tirades.

And he knows this.

He was banned for his inability to follow some basic rules of decency, not for the context of his arguments.

He also was talked to privately on his ban on how he can get it lifted by agreeing to be a decent contributing member of the forums. He refused quite verbally at that. So his ban stays until he agrees to it. He can complain about the state of the shard or any documentable fact all he wants. However he is not allowed to continually spew vitrol at anyone and consistently derail threads with pointless hate.

If he cannot control his temper enough to have civilized discourse, then why should the expectation stand that his treatment of code will be any different than people? Or his treatment of people his code affects?

Please do not circumvent his ban for him.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
well he does have a few points but I'm not saying take the script and start his own shard but would be nice for at least some updates at least once a month would be nice once a week updates would be nice maybe a form for updates idk just miss the game
It would be nice. The problem is it's not "fun" to fix broken things.
Over the years, 95% of the volunteers to help want to make new things, design fun things. No one ever wants to do the dull busywork. Right now the spawns need to be pulled out of the old worldfile and re-imported to repopulate from the half of the world the time bug wiped out this time around. Mentioned such to two people as it would be a -great- place to start learning scripting, just a simple iterate and export, then an iterate to wipe existing spawns and create new ones with the old standards. Both were less than thrilled at the prospect.
We have plenty of staff accounts created for people who wanted to help, who got in, agreed to do a ask, realized it was 3 hours of dull tedious work, then only did token logins afterwards. It's dull. It's boring. It's not glamorous. And there's a lot of that to do before we can resume the "fun" shit.

Given it's summer, and i have a few weeks till the fall ramp-up starts (spring and fall are my 24/7 busy seasons), maybe i can get some patches out this month, enough to clear out the dull work so people will get to do the fun stuff they want. But who can say.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:42 pm 

Ok thanks now I get it. Whish I had a clue how to script. But I don't so ill be the test person for now. lol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:46 pm 

Should have said this months back. But I would be willing to learn and do the work.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2