It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:12 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Hey Gents, I started playing this server when I was 15. Was only 30-40 people on peak (compared to the 200 there was) and I loved the game. Looking for new games to play these days I always think back to Obsidian as the best online pvp game Ive played. Unlike other shards, this one has the spell interrupts by poison, proper skill and stat caps and most importantly the wall pots. Playing other shards is garbage in comparison, ridiculous mounts and shit going on and the pvp is a joke. However, you can find servers with 30-400 people playing. I have friends willing to join this game but the game requires a good player base to be good. I'd be willing to donate a $100 to see some advertisement for the shard and whatever I could do on my own. Just wondering what you guys think, are people interested in playing again or is the server dead?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:42 pm 

I'm pretty positive alot of players are dying to play again (myself included), but even with advertising and active staff, obsidian will go nowhere without an active scripter.

Now if by some magical chance bob comes back and starts actively working on the server, then I'm sure we could get a good player base going. But we've all seen how that ends up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:20 am 

I would play again. If the game ever perked up, I would help advertise as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:45 pm 

I would love to play as would my kids I don't pvp pvm a lot fishing oh yeah but it not much fun to fish and eat them lol even to pvm isn't find the thing I hated the most when I first started being hunted see some one coming and drop the stone and wall wall and hope you can click the stone lol yeah really miss it and you apocalypse right about the script yes he is an ass more of a dick lol but he is right

ps he is a dick lol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:25 pm 
Game Admin

Come on, let's keep it civil at least?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:41 pm 

Echo you mofo !!!

Iori Yagami - The Old Fisher Of Obsidian
Yashiro - From Old School
Saga - Golden Wizard
Orochi - The Vamp Stoned
The Sorrow - In The Darkness were he belong
[ Merovingian's Dynasty ]

Click here to feed me a Star Fruit!
Get your own at Flyffables!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:12 pm 

I'm here because someone named Geraldwealo sent a (poor attempt at) spam PM to me. Too bad. I thought it might be something interesting. :/ RIP Obs. We had some good times. :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:31 am 
Staff

Wasn't aware the bot accounts were sending PMs. I've deleted the Geraldwealo user and am working on the rest of the spam accounts. There are thousands. The old ones just spammed links but the new ones are extra annoying.

I've also changed the anti-spam method for new registrations. Hopefully that prevents a majority of these accounts from being created in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:39 pm 
Site Admin

Kraken you're awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:32 am 

Still waiting on drops to be fixed lol.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:44 pm 
Staff

Thanks Bob. So far so good it seems.
Quote:
Still waiting on drops to be fixed lol.
Which drops? Is there already a bug thread or something for this?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:32 am 

I started playing on this server again about a year ago, even though there was 0 people on. I had a good time doing PVM and I GM'd a few skills and purchased a few castles. Eventually the forum broke and nobody cared to fix it. With no way to communicate with the community I quit. However, from that experience I found that there is one major issues with this server that is keeping all new people away...

When doing PVM in dungeons there is a bug that everyone knows about and nobody fixes. It's the bug where the client and server seemed confused about where your location is. Monsters start damaging you even though your not near them. The only work around was to get off your horse and and get back on it to "reset" your position. This bug is very frustrating and any new person would quit upon encountering it imho.

Fix that bug, it has seriously killed the server.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:39 am 

I think you are referring to the desync bug. I haven't noticed it occur to often though, maybe 1-2 times per game session.

(for Kraken) - I was referring to the bosses not dropping vanq weapons. Specifically Goomegadon, I have killed it over 7x and havent received any drops which are suppose to be a 100% thing when killing them. I assume some interference with Luck and the script.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:33 pm 

Bob is condescending and incompetent and needs to step down. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would never come back to the game while he is in charge. I mean if you ask people if you could rollback the game 12 years literally everyone would say yes, what does that say about the quality of the updates?

Poll the community on who should be in charge, then poll the community on all system changes in the future instead of just assuming Bob knows best. The only reason people want to play this game is for nostalgia and the community, both of which have been driven out.

Giorgio Armani - GM Tailor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:44 am 

Most of what you have said there man is rather unfair. While other admins have reduced their contributions or just given up, Bob has at least stuck around. The folks that have been in charge here are no different from the rest of us, having grown up and developed other commitments.

Sometimes you don’t have time to sit and stare at a screen for endless hours, whether that is working or playing on Obsidian or other games. Sometimes even when you do get the time, you just can’t be arsed.

Would I like to roll the clock back and see that shard with an active population again? Yes, that goes without saying. But some of those updates that people were not too fond of were also enforced and necessary. I’d rather the game be up and running still.

Without Bob in charge I very much doubt the server would be up at all. He is a reluctant custodian, not some power hungry crazed person that wants to run the place into the ground. Think about the hours he has put in here already (and unpaid I might add), do you think he would want that to go to waste?

Poll the community? You’ll get people volunteering simply because they can script. I am sure many have been assessed for the ability, suitability and trustworthiness - and probably found lacking. So you have Bob and a few others in charge still.

Give the man an alternative rather than insulting him and calling for his head. I bet if it’s a viable option he’d bite your hand off for it.

You can still have your nostalgia and community. All that needs is for people to log in and play. There is plenty to do still.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next