2 on 1 PKing
Fair  69%  [ 24 ]
Not Fair  31%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 35
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:26 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
I don't know how long you've been around Thorfin, but I've seen a few waves of newbies, we didn't have cove when I started, only brit GY, and it was always packed.

It's a roleplaying game, stop talking about honor, or anything, what you do in game has no bearing in real life, you attack people in the game, because its fun. You can be the nicest person out of game, but inside you can be a jerk, you can kill, loot, be mean to people, whatever, it's a game...

You people are too serious, learn to hunt with crappy stuff then if you don't want people with no honor taking all your precious gear.
i.....
AGREE!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:59 am 
Quote:
Quote:
BULLSHIT, stop saying shit about honor in games...omg guys grow the f****** up, cos thats getting boring and annoying..honor..buahaha
See, this is the problem.

Sooner or later, you will realize that money in a game, is not real, and power in a game, is not real. But the honor in a game, is real. Just like in real life. Money and power are only attributes. But its the way we are and act, that is of importance. Game, or not.

Acting like an ass, in a game, is still acting like an ass, is it not? :) Having money or power however, is only an illusion.

Again, I dont mind it though (because its just a game) but it would be fun if chaos was chaos and order was order. So.. I have nothing against PKers.. I even wish there were more! But also more anti-PKers. But maybe there are guilds like that already, I dunno.
i don't even play here anymore and even now i can just be like...OMGWTFNOOBSTFU, no one gives a shit about honor in game it's a f***** game if people wanna go around ganking noobs or ganking anyone they want they can, it's funny to some and ruining people's shit is that. that's how uo started and that's how uo should be. when you couldn't even walk out of town before a group of pk's were on you with ebolt precasted. and money is alot in this game, you can't buy shit and you can't be good without enough supplies to go home, restock and take your revenge on them. but being all...being the poor honorable hobo means everything. thats' crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:48 pm 
Quote:
i don't even play here anymore and even now i can just be like...OMGWTFNOOBSTFU, no one gives a shit about honor in game it's a f***** game if people wanna go around ganking noobs or ganking anyone they want they can, it's funny to some and ruining people's shit is that. that's how uo started and that's how uo should be. when you couldn't even walk out of town before a group of pk's were on you with ebolt precasted. and money is alot in this game, you can't buy shit and you can't be good without enough supplies to go home, restock and take your revenge on them. but being all...being the poor honorable hobo means everything. thats' crap.
(I know its a game, so relax with the "its just a game")

I think it should be Order vs Chaos. Not chaos vs chaos. Ok, you might have a different opinion.. :) But you know Honor is what matters in the long run, when you are standing in your PKhouse, with your PKchests full of PKmoney, being admired by your PKfriends.

Sooner or later, you will feel bored, you will feel empty. Because you lack honor, because your heart is chaotic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:38 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Fuk sake u either get pk'd or be a pk simple as. good meets bad Its a game end of story.I,ve been pk'd as a newb and as a 5 month ok player get over it shit happens.A lot of people have pk chars and none pk chars!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:28 pm 
Man, i sure do feel the honor...I feel so good about myself when i kill people knowing that i was honorable. "Good duel kind sir, may I have another" or it's better like this "STUPID f****** NOOB JUST GOT GANKED TRASH CANNING YOUR VERITE ARMOR CUZ I DON'T NEED IT."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:35 pm 
In fairness....Buddha77 does have a point. Pking is part of the game, but there are some people who take it way too far. I'd hate to see this shard turn into one of the AoS shards where you get pked if you step out of town, regardless of what character you are on as.

For example...remember when all the crafters were being pked? Everyone hated that...it was pointless, and just plain stupid. People were looting pickaxes and iron ore.

It's grand to gang up on someone who's more powerful...but there should be fair fights. Personally...when I pk, I'm going to look for people who have a chance of winning. What's so great about targetting people who are new to the game? Drive them away maybe? So you can say to your "friends": "hey...I just pked someone newbie who had all his posessions in the game on his 2 day old warrior!".

And saying to someone "Run if someone is trying to pk you" isn't a good piece of advice. Yes...run...run at the same speed the other person is chasing after you at. And btw...they'll be fsing you every step of the way.

Money is also nothing in Ultima. I've been extremely poor for about 6 months, and I count myself a hell of alot richer then some others who might have 2mil in the bank.

Honour is a part of life, and should be a part of games too. Without it everyone is just an foe waiting for the right time to reveal themselves.

Anyway...I didn't read everything that was said because...well...I'm lazy :P , but anyway....that's my 2 cents on the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:00 pm 
Quote:
Man, i sure do feel the honor...I feel so good about myself when i kill people knowing that i was honorable. "Good duel kind sir, may I have another" or it's better like this "STUPID f****** NOOB JUST GOT GANKED TRASH CANNING YOUR VERITE ARMOR CUZ I DON'T NEED IT."
"People want to be loved. If they can not be loved, they want to be respected. If they can not be respected, they want to be feared. If they can not be feared they want to be hated.."

Same goes in gaming :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:18 am 

yes yes say more bla bla bla and ull make me laughing more and more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:02 am 
Hehe...no more arguements? You gotta have some left :P ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:47 am 

Quote:
Hehe...no more arguements? You gotta have some left :P ...
yes i got. One. i have right, u guys not. Thats my argument. Is it bad? Maybe, i dont care ;)

as i said, u can be a honourable man in real life, but not in game, not in the damn virtual reality. U got honor..cos u havent killed a newbie(just example)..No u dont. U got honor cos u r fighting with some1 much stronger than u? No u dont. U got honor cos u arent running from some1 stronger than u? No u dont!
Its a game, game=fun, game dont have to(and shouldnt be)be honourable. It just must give u fun. Besides most of ppl talking about honor here(in game particulary) dont even know what honor is, or dont have it in real life. I dont care if i got honor in game or not. It wont effect on my real life, so i dont care if i did a honourable or not honourable thing.
As some1 before mentioned u can be the nicest guy on the shard, but u can be a jerk in real life. That are my damn 99 cents(keep rest for u)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:12 pm 
Why should you not have to have honour in a game? Alot of people takes mmorpgs seriously. To them it's more then a simple game. Why should it matter if it's only a game anyway? That isn't an excuse. Would you kill your best friend in real life if he had some money and couldn't defend himself? No. So why should you in a game? People put time and effort into the game, same as they put into real life. Don't turn the community here into the same community as is on an AoS shard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:22 pm 
The community is junk here, when I had first started there was no pvp, and everyone was friendly and nice. Now the newbs are annoying, everyone is so serious, play this game for fun, not to get stressed out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:25 pm 
Quote:
The community is junk here, when I had first started there was no pvp, and everyone was friendly and nice. Now the newbs are annoying, everyone is so serious, play this game for fun, not to get stressed out.
We are not getting stressed out, just because we are talking about Honor. You say the community is junk here.. what exactly do you mean by that? And can someone explain what fun it is, to be an asshole (in game, PKing people for the fun of it, for the destructive pleasure). I think its fun to be honorable, because I like the idea, of being honorable.
Quote:
as i said, u can be a honourable man in real life, but not in game, not in the damn virtual reality. U got honor..cos u havent killed a newbie(just example)..No u dont. U got honor cos u r fighting with some1 much stronger than u? No u dont. U got honor cos u arent running from some1 stronger than u? No u dont!
Its a game, game=fun, game dont have to(and shouldnt be)be honourable. It just must give u fun. Besides most of ppl talking about honor here(in game particulary) dont even know what honor is, or dont have it in real life. I dont care if i got honor in game or not. It wont effect on my real life, so i dont care if i did a honourable or not honourable thing.
As some1 before mentioned u can be the nicest guy on the shard, but u can be a jerk in real life. That are my damn 99 cents(keep rest for u)
I am no rocket scientist, but my guess is that people being honorable in game, is more likely to be honorable in real life, because they like the idea, of being honorable, instead of liking the idea, of being destructable and sadistic.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that I like the idea of Honor meets Idiotism (good meets bad, order meets chaos) in a roleplaying game :) So I am not against PKing (so please stop with the "noob doesnt like PKers" because thats just proof of no arguments left)

I am Buddha, in game, so what do you expect from me? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:32 pm 
I don't see many vets around, I know me and my friends stoped playing because idiotic people drove them to quit. I can't see anyone understanding what Obsidian is about when the best players have quit because of fools.

The community you play with doesn't compare to the past community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:53 pm 
Quote:
I don't see many vets around, I know me and my friends stoped playing because idiotic people drove them to quit. I can't see anyone understanding what Obsidian is about when the best players have quit because of fools.

The community you play with doesn't compare to the past community.
Things change. That, we can not affect. What we can affect, is our actions. And the way it sounds.. you are pro-honor and anti-idiotism also? Or what do you count as "idiotic people" and "fools"?

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 7   [ 92 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next