It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:47 pm 
People often experience problems with crashing when logging in!

If you suffer these sorts of problems, then let me make a few quick suggestions that you can try!

1) Try logging in with a different character, then logging out with that one, and logging in with the 'problem' character. You'd be surprised how often this works.

2) If you are experiencing these crashing problems because you are logging in to a 'busy' area (Britain bank, the RuneCode chamber etc) then see if you can contact a friend via external means (MSN messenger etc) and have them 'hit you' when you log in. This often fixes the problem.

3) If both of these fail, and you tend to have a particular character who keeps crashing, you will need to remove the folder titled 'Desktop' in your Obsidian folder. A good tip is to try dragging that folder OUT of your Obsidian folder and ON to your desktop (or anywhere else) because this 'Desktop' folder contains all the macros for your character!
With this folder removed, try logging in again - if succesful, find a slightly more isolated spot in town, and log out there. Then place your 'Desktop' folder back into your 'Obsidian' folder (in the correct location!!) and you should have all your macros back again!
SOMETIMES this fails, sadly, in that case, you will need to delete your desktop folder and re-create your macros :(
Also remember that the game automaticall makes you a 'Desktop' folder, so don't fear that it will never return if deleted!

Thanks for trying these solutions to your 'crashing' problems - if they persist PLEASE post and Sphynx or I will do everything we can to work through a solution with you!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:25 pm 

Quote:

If you suffer these sorts of problems, then let me make a few quick suggestions that you can try!

1) Try logging in with a different character, then logging out with that one, and logging in with the 'problem' character. You'd be surprised how often this works.

2) If you are experiencing these crashing problems because you are logging in to a 'busy' area (Britain bank, the RuneCode chamber etc) then see if you can contact a friend via external means (MSN messenger etc) and have them 'hit you' when you log in. This often fixes the problem.

3) If both of these fail, and you tend to have a particular character who keeps crashing, you will need to remove the folder titled 'Desktop' in your Obsidian folder. A good tip is to try dragging that folder OUT of your Obsidian folder and ON to your desktop (or anywhere else) because this 'Desktop' folder contains all the macros for your character!
With this folder removed, try logging in again - if succesful, find a slightly more isolated spot in town, and log out there. Then place your 'Desktop' folder back into your 'Obsidian' folder (in the correct location!!) and you should have all your macros back again!
SOMETIMES this fails, sadly, in that case, you will need to delete your desktop folder and re-create your macros :(
Also remember that the game automaticall makes you a 'Desktop' folder, so don't fear that it will never return if deleted!

Thanks for trying these solutions to your 'crashing' problems - if they persist PLEASE post and Sphynx or I will do everything we can to work through a solution with you!

TBH,it's supposly illegal but if I crash and can't log in..and all this fails,I just log into another account-log out,and re-log on my account. does WONDERS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:33 pm 
Your only suppsoe to have one account :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:41 pm 
Quote:

Great tip! I would recommend saving the text file that contains the macros and just putting it in the new folder after you log in. This would save you from having to recreate them.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]