It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:09 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
It gives you a little edge. But the idea of having archery on a warrior is to be able to hit you opponent at
far distances. Yes you can go archer, but then you loose armor and the spells become stronger.

Personally the races have too many oppurtunity costs just to become that said race.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:51 am 
Quote:
recall runes can take you anywhere too....

I'm just saying I found a use for a race character.
yea but only for crafters not pvp or pvm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:57 am 
Quote:
It gives you a little edge. But the idea of having archery on a warrior is to be able to hit you opponent at
far distances. Yes you can go archer, but then you loose armor and the spells become stronger.

Personally the races have too many oppurtunity costs just to become that said race.
Yea but thats what GM Resist is for and if someone was going to sue a powerfull attack then you would bring your sheild up

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:02 am 

Quote:
ANY RACE OF SMITH CLASS
-780 skill cap plus vet rewards
-Limited to 50 in the following skills:
--Cartography
--Magery
--Meditation
--Remove Trap
--Tinkering
-Limited to 0 in the following skills:
--none
Most seems fine, but...I think it's unlogical that a smith only can get 50% on Tinkering. It's crafting, and uses about same material as in blacksmithing. Should'nt it be natural for a smith to be (able to be) great at tinkering...?

I'm sure there is some other skill that seems more natural for a smith to only be able to get 50% in?

I game on Ubuntu!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:27 am 

Quote:
Most seems fine, but...I think it's unlogical that a smith only can get 50% on Tinkering. It's crafting, and uses about same material as in blacksmithing. Should'nt it be natural for a smith to be (able to be) great at tinkering...?

I'm sure there is some other skill that seems more natural for a smith to only be able to get 50% in?
Trust me dude, just about every single person I've mentioned that to besides gmBob agrees that is one of STUPIDEST changes as of lately.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:24 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
I agree about the tinkering it seems a complimentary skill to smithy and mineing. But I know we tried opposing it before it was implimented and were shot down at that time as well

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

You were shot down because the only other option was having smith not allowed to do woodworking (carp/fletching), and that got more negative votes than the tinkering did.
If you wanna revive it the discussion, go nuts, the class thread is up in suggestions.
And before you just say "Well why can't i gm everything on one char", becuase then no one would be a human crafter.
You come up with a way to split the crafting skills so that there are reasons to make a race crafter, and reasons to make a human crafter. It's harder than it looks
You either get the 7-8 gm skills and the restriction, or the 6-7 skills and no limit on combinations.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:40 am 

here is a decent solution if i do say so myself plus it makes sense.

gold armor currently gets a magic bonus of randomness. why not give raced tinkerers tinkering back while making gold armor bonus based on the magery of the smith i think that sounds like rather good logic if you ask me plus its a win/loss for everyone they get tinkering human smiths can have higher magery but cant gm as many skills... i dunno what do you think about it senoir bob?

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3