Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject: Re: Afk Macroing
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:53 pm 

lol yeah, stealth already gains WAY faster if you move while stealthed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:04 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Bob could go back to the way it used to be , then you would have something to really complain about.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:51 am 

Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
there are certain areas like wrong 1 where stealth gains much much faster then usual you just have to find those areas and by the way you cannot hide with a lit lanturn

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:33 pm 

Quote:
there are certain areas like wrong 1 where stealth gains much much faster then usual you just have to find those areas and by the way you cannot hide with a lit lanturn
So the key to gaining skills is finding the glitches then?

Should these mindless skills be gm-able in 5 hours or just have them train parallel with their corresponding skill? ( I.E. anatomy with healing).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:10 pm 

Oh! I have an idea lol.

Make the skills faster to gain but costly to use :P
I think the point of those skills being a bit slower and tedious is so that every single person who trains that skill is not Gm immediately. This gives variety and varying degrees of character builds. Those more willing to spend the time on those tedious skills reap the rewards of doing so.

If you do not think that training the skill is worth it, don't.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:20 pm 

Instead of making them AFK Macro-able or easier to gain, I'd rather see them made more fun to train. Obstacle course-style areas or such where you would need to use the skill frequently (but wouldn't necessarily need a high level of said skill). Or even a simple Marco Polo/Hide and Seek game would work, where you get a group together in an area (size of area based on number of players), and the hiders go stealth and try to get to a safe zone while the seeker tries to catch them before they get there. Players with higher stealth could easily avoid the seeker, while those with lower skill would constantly be spamming the button to stay in stealth. They would all be moving while in stealth, so gaining shouldn't be quite as tedious. You could also do a variation for training Detecting Hidden, where those wishing to train would each be given something, like a flag, to guard in a relatively open and unprotected area, and other players would go stealth and attempt to steal it. The guarders would have to spam Detecting Hidden lest his item get stolen. There could be some sort of reward system in place for capturing so many flags and whatnot.

Of course, this assumes a decent number of people be online at any given time, which isn't necessarily the case, but I, at least, would find it more entertaining than sitting around clicking a button for hours on end.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:14 am 

Quote:
So the key to gaining skills is finding the glitches then?
That would be a pretty smart ass statement.. if it wasn't false. Stealth gaining higher in Wrong is NOT a glitch. Stealth has always gained faster in unguarded, more dangerous areas. It's not just Obsidian either.. the same goes for OSI Ultima Online.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:17 pm 

i think gains should be the same whether macroing or playing but that as well as the afk macroing arguement is a lost cause.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

If you are training stealth by going into stealth, then not moving, you're doing it wrong.
End of story.

That being said stealth gains the same in every area, and like all other "fast gain" tricks people have come up with over the years, is steeped solely in myth.

But yeah, seriously.
Not our fault you're trying to macro a skill that relies on stealthy movement, by not moving.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:39 pm 

So set a walk macro and a stealth macro and walk around your house. :P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:30 pm 

Last edited by nerdslayer on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:34 pm 

This kinda shit is stuff you should say bob, i never new it gained more by movement. I tried moving and doing stealth now, its still too slow. These skills need to be gaining faster, if not dramatically, than atleast by a bit.

Or as said earlier, have these skills tie into other ones as anatomy does with healing.

For example - Evaluating intelligence with its governing skill, Meditation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:49 pm 

Quote:
This kinda shit is stuff you should say bob, i never new it gained more by movement.
Your joking right Deathwish (not trying to be a dick, being serious)? Isn't it kind of obvious that stealth would gain faster by moving around because the longer you can move without being detected the better you are at the skill, and in turn, the better the gains will be.

I mean what do you think marine snipers in the U.S. army do to train their stealth movements, sit in a bush? Well, they do sometimes just sit in a bush, but to get to that bush they have to be able to stay hidden while moving.

Hope that isn't to confusing, if it is, screw it because it made sense in my head.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:07 am 

For most things, staff should not explain every detail. For those who figure out the best way to train...good for them. For the others, the spend more time. It is not a vital part of the game so no need for Bob to explain it.
And really, who cares if it is not a day-to-Gm skill like some want. Makes it more rare for someone to be GM else everyone would have it. I do not mind slow gains on things that cost nothing as long as you can gain to 100%.
It seems skills such as Magic resistance do not do this and needs to be looked at. Perhaps that should be the focus atm.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2