It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Afk Macroing
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:35 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Hi, Im a new player to obsidian. I enjoy the game and that skills are hard to gain. However, skills like stealth are stupid and mindless to train. I think my stealth went up about 7-8 after 6 hours of macroing. Am i really expected to sit here and click this button for 45 hours to gm these skills?

Ive been penalized for "afk macroing" now twice I think. Each time i have been deducted 20 points (about 13 hours each time). Im playing my Xbox which is in the same room as my computer, Im not leaving it on while i sleep. I look at the computer screen as often as i can remember but have still been caught twice.

I know it is a rule not to afk macro but you expect players to sit here for hours clicking a f****** button???

Possible solutions

-Increase the macro stone time to a 120 second timer (so players
-Allow Afk macroing of skills like animal lore, stealth or other skills you can train mindlessly
-Dramatically increase the gains of these skills
-Only allow afk macroing during age 20

I dont believe players should be allowed to afk macro healing in a graveyard, crafting, or other things profitable but skills that are simply just time consuming should be

Post subject: Re: Afk Macroing
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:36 pm 

afk macroing is afk macroing no matter how you look at it. Never has been allowed. Never will be. And tbh getting caught twice in a short time is a good indication that you afk macro a hellof alot.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:03 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
ya even though i agree with your points...

dont think it will be made legal... you'll just have to sit there bored while a skill trains :(

or like i do.. put a movie on half the screen obsi on other half the screen i have a wide screen, and obsi looks great taking up only half the screen, so why waist the full screen on it? lol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:12 am 

nah man im gonna side with the new guy. if a skill is mindless it needs to get fixed, and if its gonna stay that way then it needs to be afkable to an extent. like really are you gonna be forced to look at your dude turn black and white every 3 seconds? what a fantastic game experience know what i mean? like either let it slide for the mindless ones or make gains pretty fast when you use them in pvm or pvp. While i agree afking is stupid, you cant tell me "hey watch yourself stand still for hours or get punished" is anyway to make a player play a game to have fun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:29 am 

the arguement would be that your supposed to train these by using them in pvm...

but i use this alot in pvm,, i get better gains just standing still and doing it lol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:23 pm 

how the f*** do you train stealth in pvm?

Well I dont think players should be able to afk macro crafting or healing in GY as Tau said but I agree that skills like stealth, animal lore, detect hidden and others are completely stupid to train and should be gm-able in 5 hours or so.

What is the point of having these skills take 50 hours to gm? You dont profit from it nor does it affect other players. Its simply just a waste of time and is going to turn new players away from the game, especially with the player base as it is.

I say either allow afk macroing of these skills or greatly reduce the time it takes to train them

Last edited by nerdslayer on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:28 pm 

create a stealth macro...
use it to hide from monsters,,,
thats how u use it for pvm lol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:24 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
its not a pointless skill as obviously you see value in having it enough to train it, thus it is worth something. as with everything else if its worth anything you have to pay the price in this case training. I suggest putting your computer somewhere you can see the screen at least out of the corner of your eye the macro stones are VERY obvious when running there really isn't an excuse for not noticing...

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:51 pm 

Also, when training stealth you gain more than stealth skill; you gain dexterity as well and sometimes intelligence. Stealth is used by noobs mainly to gain stealth FAST. By AFK macroing it a couple nights while they sleep, they can have good enough dexterity to make training easier. I am sure this is not news to anyone.

Same goes with most other 'useless' skills.

The rules have been the same for 10 years. Let's move on.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:36 am 

the last time this arguement came up(not too long ago), bob said things will not change for afk. but to post suggestions on how to maybee make training these skills more fun, maybee profitable?

like im all for maybe some kind of work commisions(bulk order deeds). if you fill commisions, you get a 5% increase in say...stealth or other mindless and to boring skills. or even a 1% would be cool. obviuosly you would not get the stat gains you would normally get. but would be much more fun to try to get the deeds filled.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:57 pm 

Quote:
Stealth is used by noobs mainly to gain stealth FAST.
haha what?
Quote:
The rules have been the same for 10 years. Let's move on.
Is your arguement that it shouldnt be changed because its a rule? rules have been changed in the last 10 years actually. Read the update
Quote:
its not a pointless skill as obviously you see value in having it enough to train it, thus it is worth something. as with everything else if its worth anything you have to pay the price in this case training. I suggest putting your computer somewhere you can see the screen at least out of the corner of your eye the macro stones are VERY obvious when running there really isn't an excuse for not noticing...
Can you please quote anywhere where anyone said it was a pointless skill?

Sure we could have it macro while watching TV and HOPE that you remember to look every 30 seconds for the 50 hours its going to take. It was my impression though that not allowing afk macroing was to have the players at the screen while they play. What is the difference if they do this for 50 hours or 5 hours other than the electricity bill?

What needs to be done is the skills that take only time pressing a button to train should gain almost every successful attempt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:06 pm 

yeah i agree cos i sat there for about 7 hours to gain animal lore from 50-70

boring as f***. worst part of the game by far

i like the super fast gains idea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:58 pm 

Yeah I'm agreeing with at least the lore skills and stuff like that should be sped up, not allowed to be afked. Actually, I suggest some way to let it affect your fighting and combat and make it toggleable just like how anatomy is. Something like eval int can gain when you use magic/necro spells for faster gains, yet you can macro it if you choose. The other lore and knowledge skills could have something similar too. Stealth is a little different though because it has an active use rather than a passive one so idk what would be completely fair with it as far skillgaining goes.

To me just having to waste some of your game time doing next to nothing has never been the fun part, but you pretty much HAVE to for some skills.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:22 pm 

Yeah that is a good idea, Anatomy is much better to train now that you can both macro it and have it gain through combat. Skills should join in hand with there corresponding skill.

Stealth should be gmable in 5 hours if you are training it actively. Have it gain quickly by taking steps while walking in stealth.

This will make these mindless skills more tolerable as they gain through actively playing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:38 pm 

I have gained a stealth skill point whilst walking in stealth mode. I was surprised by this. I am still too lazy to walk around and train it lol. I usually just spam the macro for stealth while I banksit and chat.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next