It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:36 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 5 of 6   [ 80 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: Vampires
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:51 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
my main problem is theres no more than 20 ppl online if that.....and the penalties on a small community like this should be lessened like seriously let people have fun who wants to mine up 25 blood ignots and spend whatever else to stats lost? Its only a few people active let everyone pick a bloodline make that master stronger without penalties.... then we can test it. Thats just how i see it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:07 am 

well every other race u can currently bounce in and out of all u want and test..
i will say that
i have done turned my blacksmith/miner class into a few different things till i decided what i wanted..

i was just bothered by the fact that i come back.. and im cool with the fact that everything is changed.. sure i can adapt to that.. but in order for me to make the change to the new... it comes at a cost. and i can't really see what imma get in the end result till it happens..
and some of the blood lines are not even finished yet.. in terms of what they will recieve

lol but on the other hand.. u could turn ur mage into an ice elf then be like nah and 2 weeks later decide to make it a necro.. lol

i think the bloodline idea would be good from a quest perspective.. but to make it the foundation of the race.. well i think its just not something that will work well
and what will hapen is... a race that will not be used

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:30 pm 

All race stones are being removed soon enough, so there will be no popping in and out.
The cost does suck as I agreed earlier...I am curious as to what the benefits are past raceskills.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:27 am 

im hoping bob allows time for the vampire race to be completed and given the full amount of time to test like the other races b4 removing the stone..
seems only fair but we we will have to see how it plays out..
id personally like to experiment with the vampires a bit more.. but its not really possible jumping from line to line at such a high cost

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:51 am 

And on top of it I think there is a huge cost to leaving a blood line...not just joining it. I don't know the cost but there is one it says.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:53 pm 

i just want to be able to change classs... as im already a vampire i cant click the vampire stone... and change my class
id have to change to annother race then come back to rune chamber and go back vamp again and then choose the class

this to me is a huge problem..

as i do not know for certain if i do this or not... if it will remove me from my bloodline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:26 am 

That would most likely remove you from your bloodline. Page ingame and see if it can be changed....chances are staff will understand that vamps are early in the testing phase and people are still working out what class they prefer over others.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:55 am 

I want to change classes as well lmao

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 am 

i don't think its something that staff will want to do.. constantly manually moving vampires to the class room..

i think its only fair if bob coded the vampire stone to allow you to enter the class room if you are currently a vampire.. this will take care of the issue.. i know it has been said that the stones willl be removed soon but i must say my own personal opinion.. even tho they have been there for some time.. vampires and some other races are not fully worked out... we still ahve one bloodline remaining with the vampires..

also aftet all is implemented i think extra time eneds to be given for thos who do choose to take teh vampire race.. a full opertunity to test the waters..

atm.. i see one current problem.. hunger and the race skills.. the abilities make you too hungry in my opinion.. i have no problem with hunger being a part of this but i think these changes do need to be made..

each ability (besides bezerk) drops u one level in hunger
and each bood raises you 2 levels in hunger..
currently its just to much

i tried to use visit sant and eithe ri wasnt fully healed or got attacked..
i just drank all 5 bloods
after the delay... and i tried agin i was to hungry to use the ability.. its a bit rediculus.. especially with the delay on the blood pots...

in every way vamps have been knocked let me list
Prior to changes:
1. vamps could eat food
2. blood had no delay
3. race abilities (except bezerrk) didnt really make u hungry
4. the whole class change (which im gonna list but doesn't really apply i supppos)
5. abilities you had before u start off with nwo that u dont have.. u have to pay a boat load to get them
6. the abilities that u do get.. can only be used half of the time on the game

in every way possible vamps have been nerfed to high heavens... id say atleast take some of the hunger shit off their abilites.. or let hem eat food.. personaly i htink normal food would be the best option... even tho itd oes make sense for them to drink blood... the problem is the timer..
ne one else can carry 40 fish steak on em and eat them all instantly..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:55 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
well the point of having it make u hungry all the way is so u dont constantly use all the skills...

just a guess tho

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:17 pm 

You can be changed without being ported to the race room. Also, there are so few vamps atm as for it not to be a huge problem. Staff seem to know what they are doing. I am sure that once everything is tweaked and completed as it pertains to vamps, they will stop changing classes. I do agree that being allowed to change classes should be do-able. There should be stones for changing class....
The stone would check to see if you are of one of the races(not human) If so, it will let you choose a race-class. Would be simple enough to implement I am sure. No race change involved at all.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:28 pm 

yes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:27 am 

im still fighting the issue of hunger and abilities.. and i am totally against it...
the arguement of "its to keep you from spamming the ability" is not a valid one at all... the timer and delay is to keep you from spamming a racial ability...
no other races get hungry from using a racial ability.. (threw my testing)

I am going to stand firmly on this one as being one of the eldest vampiers here I hope my opinon is taken into consideration here...
hunger needs to be removed from vamp ablilties...
the timer is enuff

you already have an ability that is limited by an internal game clock... and a delay...
why add on annother factor.. its simply too much..

consider that
think about ti for asec.... Vamp ability.. effected by.. HUNGER, DAY/NIGHT, DELAY
and the abilities are not even the greatest out there.... (ice wall anyone... lol)

remove the hunger and it will make me happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:33 am 

Hunger has always been part of vamps. The only difference now is that it is a slower process to feed and be back to normal. When using berzerk, chances are you will not have alot of time to feed, as you had almost died as it is and you are trying to fight at that point in time and it is hard to focus on snagging more blood into bottles and drinking it. In the old system, you could use the ability and then eat quickly from a pile of fish steaks.
I would definitely be up for some kind of tweaking here. Perhaps so vamps could eat raw meat would be a good compromise.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:08 am 

i would not be opposed to the idea of vamps being able to eat raw meat.
but in all honesty.. u cant use the basis that it has always been this way that ablities made vamps hungry....
vampires used to have far better abilities than the other races... the only thing the others had was maybe nature heal and poof to frostfell.. so yea.. in the past compared to other races a need for hunger was there definatly..

problem is now vampires are not the only race with usefull abilities.. ice elfs abilites are the shit.. and do not make u hungry.. warlocks abilities still suck ass but.. they dont make you hungry... the wood elf abilties are far underestimated atm... their natural heal (regen) when around animals and the forest is strong as shit
their natural ability to regen in woods or animals can out heal deadly poison dmg.. they can stand there and take it without healing (provided u are in the forest or have alot of animals round u)

what i am getting at is.. vamps now prolly have the least usefull racial abilities of all other races..
i am in anchient bloodline.. night sight is nothing to write home about since it makes u hungry.. visit sant is ok.. but it makes you so houngry that it is useless to even bother with..
id say theo only usefull ability is the invisiblity

also not to mention... i dont think the other bloodlines abilities effect their hunger.. or atleast not all of them
could be due to the fact vamps are not complete yet but.. still..

the anichient bloodlines raceskills in my opinion should not effect your hunger any longer.. especially beings the other races have very usefull abilities that do not effect theirs..

the whole blood as only food source and a timer on it makes the whole problem worse..
personally i see no harm in removing hunger from the racial abilities on vamps.. i think it would be balanced then

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 5 of 6   [ 80 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next