It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 39 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:08 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Some of the eldest players might remember the one band of assasins who had all players on this pathetic shard hiding in towns. Only a handfull could remember the Destiny clan and those PKers noone could get rid of. The one clan that had LoV members hiding in their castles locking the doors and blocking the entrances with items. Even less people here could remember names like Voldemort, NecroWarrior, Aladdin, Nimphandoras and all the others who owned this shard for months. At that time noone knew Voldemort was truly a girl and the other leaders and top PKers of Destiny were all girls. The only one who was not a girl was me.

I am NecroWarrior AKA Aladdin known now as Shamino or Prince Shamino leader of the [No Life] gaming community who is part of the got.Juked? C.S. gaming community. I came down here today bringing news of an old player whom I brought into this failing U.O. community, Mathurin. He was a very dedicated player, tamer, horse lover. Me and him were real life friends until I quit the Obsidian shard. Then we went our ways and never spoke again. I have just learned today from his parents that Mathurin AKA Francois Morisette was found dead in his house in Quebec city by his older brother hanged in their basement. He was barely 28 years old and his family saw nothing coming. He was not the talkative kind. I do not know if he was still a player here or if he still had ties to some of you here but I felt I had to bring the news of his death as it was a shock for me to learn and the last time I was in contact with him was when I stopped playing this game.

No need for that!
Peace

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:03 pm 

First off, my condolences to his friends and family. Although I did not know him very well, I know by past experiences that suicide is always a tragedy.

On another note, speaking of Ashes that way is distasteful and mindlessly judgmental. Despite his fierce tongue, Ashes is a very nice guy. He does have a temper and a sort of rebellious attitude during game play, but I believe it is also the source of his success as a player on this shard. He saw the game for what it was (a game) and did we what all do sometimes; Take out some of our frustration on the game, because we know it isnt real. What i encourage everyone to do, is take a step back and realize that this is a game, and not all words are meant to be taken 100%. Having said that, Mat (Ashes) is a good person and no suicide should be blamed on "people like Ashes".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:10 pm 

Yea what a vicious thing to say, But although i didnt know mathurin. Im sure any level of online abuse wouldnt tip someone to do that, R.I.P Mathurin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:18 pm 

Im sorry about what happened to him, didnt know him either, but it sucks what happened.

Those that do this sort of action take the game literally. Also has to do with what happens to them in rl.
So blaming Ashes (even though he had his ways with words) is not the way to go. If that were the case,
then im pretty sure the whole shard would be laying in a grave (sorry if this offends anyone).

Ashes was someone that, if gotten to know, was a pretty cool person to know.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:34 pm 

Well im very very sorry to hear about Mathurin, I spoke to him alot when he played obsidian and after he stopped playing. I dont think ive spoke to him in about a year and a half but he was a nice guy and I liked him alot.

Shamino me and you also got on well when you played and after you stopped playing but one thing is for sure, that what you just said about Mack is totally out of order. How you can say such a thing is disgusting imo.
Pass my love and wishes onto his family but please dont blame ANYTHING like this on Ashes. He was a player who you either loved or hated and tbh you were kinda the same, some people loved you and some people hated you. (I think that comes with a pker guild) Your either loved or hated.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:12 pm 

Quote:
Even less people here could remember names like Voldemort, NecroWarrior, Aladdin, Nimphandoras and all the others who owned this shard for months. At that time noone knew Voldemort was truly a girl and the other leaders and top PKers of Destiny were all girls. The only one who was not a girl was me.
You mean fought like girls?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:55 pm 

Euro why do you act like you played here along time ago? I thought you were mammoth's brother? Ha..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:10 pm 

Its not his brother its Mammoth.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:17 pm 

You are not the real Shamino.

This is the real Shamino:

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Ashes is no longer here. I myself have always said good riddance.
Quote:
I came down here today bringing news of an old player whom I brought into this failing U.O. community.
HaHa! We may fail but we're STILL HERE.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:27 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
RIP mathurin
I didnt know him but apparently he thought it was time to go.

blaming mack wasn't necissary... but i do agree he was a complete and utter douche bag,, even when we were cool and hung out and stuff in obsi.... hes still pretty much a douche bag

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:45 pm 

Quote:
Its not his brother its Mammoth.
I think its called sarcasm Hemlock. Guess you havent learned it lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:01 pm 

I'm going to put a stop to one part of this thread!

kilourious miss read the ashes part.
NecroWarrior did not blame it on ashes.
It was just another remark cutting down Ashes.
Those who was around at the time would know this.
They was both banned numerous times from the forums because they couldn't write a reply with out flaming one another!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:18 pm 

Thank you for editing that part of the thread Drakkar. We should stay focus on the meaning of this thread and I apologize for getting off topic.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:24 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i remember destiny :)
they forgot to mention cherry liquid tho, even tho he joined a bit later lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:17 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

It saddens me deeply to hear about this. I didn't know him well, but I bought rides from him, and we would talk in IRC on occasion.

My prayers and condolences are with his family. As someone who has been through what they are going through now, I know how they feel.....I pray that god guides them. The following weeks will be some of the toughest of their lives. I pray they have an anchor.

He was a good man, and a complement to our community. I will remember him and miss him.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 39 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next