It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:43 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:45 am 

Ok, it seems recently people have been advertising items on the forum for sale, then ending the auction quick time without letting the auction run its course e.g Going once...etc

This IS going to stop, it is not fair, and its wasting peoples time and its also VERY annoying for the bidders.

I will add to this post if more things spring to mind, so keep checking up on it.

RULE 1

If you list an item for sale and the item in question has bids on it, you must let the auction run its course, you have to say going once, twice and three times, you can leave a minimum of 1 hour between the 3 stages and once you "go once" you have a maximum of 1 day to go twice.

Of course you must set a reserve on the item, if it doesnt meet the reserve, then you dont have to sell it simple eh? -P.S YOU MUST POST THE RESERVE IN THE AUCTION ITSELF - Theres no point starting an auction at 1 gp if you want 100k for it, just a waste of everyones time, buttnuggets !

RULE 2

There will be no flaming in my Forum, so if a new player puts up for sale a club of ruin, you dont come in and post, "OMFG YOU SUCK, NO ONE WILL BUY IT YOUR SO GAY". Same with an older player who wants 100k for a Lightning wep, you dont say "You aint going to get that price" you make a polite offer, in public.

RULE 3

If a seller recieves an offer in game or via PM, please post it in here or get the offerer to post it in here, its only fair and it will lead to less complaints, which is better for everyone.

RULE 4

People will pay what they think an item is worth, dont get offended if you want 50k for an item and you are offered 10k, you dont have to accept the offer, you can withdraw the item.

I'll also draw your attention to a post thassius made on the subject of this, you would do well to read this too
Quote:
can see this point, but I can also see the point of using the auction forum 'selectively'.

In a real-life auction, you sell to the highest bidder - you don't have a choice in the matter.

Of course, I understand withdrawal of sale if you don't get a high enough price - but creating an auction and then just selling to a private bidder is just plain wrong. It is extremely immature to create a public thread and then say you don't want to sell to someone because they are a 'wanker'.

In future, if you create an auction on this forum then I expect it to be adhered to, otherwise it is no fun for the other players and is abusing the forum. If someone offers you a bid ingame or on MSN - get them to post it in the thread you have made for the sake of fairness.

Thanks.

Thassius wrote:
If you create a thread in this forum to sell something and then just sell it ingame without a good reason, I can ban you from the Buying & Selling forum (and yes, I can bar you from just one forum).

Nobody likes to have their time wasted, if somebody offers you a price in-game then simply ask them to post it in the sale thread you have created so that other interested parties can see it and respond if they wish to.

Who knows, it might even increase the price. Thanks.

Thassius wrote:
I said I can ban, not I will ban.

I'm simply saying that it causes immense frustration if you create an auction thread and then sell the item ingame before the auction has a chance to reach completion.

Anyone who does this is abusing the Buying and Selling forum and will not be allowed to use it.

I'm sure he understands that this is reasonable and will adhere to this simple rule in future.

Last edited by Kane on Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:20 pm 

I'm 100% in agreement to this.

I just saw someone post complete rubbish about how we are too strict about this etc.

WHAT IS THE POINT IN CREATING AN AUCTION THREAD IN THE BUYING AND SELLING FORUM IF YOU ARE JUST GOING TO GO AND SELL IT INGAME OR OVER MSN!?

It is immensely frustrating for someone to invest time bidding on/watching an item at auction only to see it randomly sold elsewhere.

Auctions DO NOT work this way, and anyone who seems to think that the community wants auctions in the buying and selling forum that do not function as proper auctions and are not regulated in any way is a complete moron.

Please, all we ask is that - out of courtesy for the other players - if you create an auction in 'Buying and Selling' then you stick to it. Its very simple.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:42 am 

Ok, as an addition to the rules, which i said there would be, and due to a few complaints from some people there will be two types of buying/selling ways.

Type 1

Normal auction, seller has to List item and a start price and even minimum increment if they so wish, they may only sell to the highest bidder, and the bid has to be in the forums. This is a fun way :D, its suggested you start the auction off at something your willing to accept as we will be reinforcing sales :D

Type 2

Normal sale, seller has to List item and what they want for it, bids wont be made in the auction, you can post if you want to buy it at the listed price, this is for quick sales me feels, it also gets around the "I wanna sell in game cos i earned it all and im a god" syndrome.

Heres some examples, just so no-one claims ignornace....

Type 1

Auction for a War Fork of force of Stamina Leech - Start price 10k minimum increment 1k - bid bid bid

Type 2

For sale Hammerpick of Power of Lightning 150k - Pm me or see me in game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:12 pm 

Sounds good.

Please, for the sake of ease, I will ask that all players name their threads accordingly. For instance:

Type 1
AUCTION - War fork /Force /stamina leech - bid here!

Type 2
FOR SALE - Hammerpick /Power /Lightning - Offers here/PM/game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:09 pm 

And don't forget the bidders have to follow rules too.

If you bid and don't pay you will get a warning too.
It makes no sence to bid if your not going to pay!

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]