It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Dani's Smile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:19 am 

Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
She watched him as he sat near the bank, his green cloak pulled close about his shoulders, his eyes drifting from person to person as though wondering if any could be trusted. It was sad, really. He just looked so unhappy, so lonely.

With a sigh, Dani shook her head and walked over to him, sitting beside him on the worn wooden bench. She saw him glance out of the corner of his eye at her, then returned to the journal he was writing in.

"You know, not everyone bites," she said as she watched a poor lost soul run from a laughing member of MoB. It was common sport and often times fun to watch. With a slight frown, she nodded towards the MoB member who happily watched the new kid poof before him. "Except maybe that guy. I wouldn't try to get all CareBear-ish on him, if I were you."

The guy fought a smile, watching the MoB member high five some of his friends who'd watched the sport.

Dani turned to him and held out her hand with about as much reserve as a gambler walking into a card game. "Hi, I'm Dani! I've seen you around here alot. Do you like the bank or something? Oooo, are you rich?"

After a moments hesitation, the guy laughed and took her hand. "I'm Quinn. No, I'm far from rich." With a shrug, he turned again to watch the people milling around. "I just like to watch people come and go and interact as I work on skills."

"Huh." Dani turned and watched a sparing match comence between three mages, one of whom turned into a very large gargoyle looking creature. "You're awful quiet, aren't you? You never seem to talk to many people, yet you seem to need to be around them. What's with that?"

"Forward aren't you?"

She shrugged. Shyness had never been a problem for her and curiousity plagued her in the best of ways. It's why she was where she was now.

A heavy sigh left his delectable lips. "I like to be around people, the world doesn't seem so lonely then."

"The world is only lonely if you don't laugh with people. At least that's what my Mama always told me." She turned to look at him, barely noticing when someone died at her feet, their angry spirit rising up to demand the name of the person who'd killed them. "Life won't wait for you, you know? You've got to go out there and grab it, make it you're own. Otherwise, you're just waiting to die."

"Maybe I am waiting to die, Dani. But I'm not wasting the time that I've got until that happens. I write about those who interest me, I go to events, I raise my skills. Believe it or not, I've even got a few friends I hang around with on occassions. What about you?"

"Me? I talk to everyone, even those who are a little off, if you know what I mean?" At his laugh she continued. "I'm looking at guilds to find one that interests me. I notice the wallflowers and try not to become one myself. Unlike someone else I could mention."

Just then, someone in a brilliant orange robe came around the corner, riding the most beautiful beast Dani had ever laid her eyes on. Her new found friend spotted the person at the same instant and went ridged. With a flick of his wrists, he brought the hood of his cloak over his head, hiding deep within it's shadows. "Well, Dani, it's been a pleasure, but I must be going. I've got someone to meet in Cove. I hang out there a bit. Maybe I'll see you around?"

"You bet."

Before she knew it, he was gone, heading off down the street at a brisk pace. With a sigh, she rose and dusted off her leather skirt. "Why do they always run away right when things are getting good? Damn it."

Looking around before heading in to find the local Inn, she smiled, watching the regular bank goers joke, banter, and beat the snot out of each other. She loved the Britain bank for this reason, there was always entertainment and intrigue if one just looked hard enough. She could hardly wait until one day she was one of those people everyone knew the moment she came around the corner. Even those whom people loved to hate were welcome if for no other reason than to amuse others.

She watched Bloodforge laugh at Jimmy. Watched Esiprop pore a mixture into a bottle, Black Magic smile almost evilly at those around him, Hank being asked what FFFish he currently had to sell.

Yep, the bank was the only place to be, to her way of thinking. It was where everything interesting happened. Not to mention, the gossip was to die for.

With a laugh, she adjusted her rose colored hat and matching cloak and headed off down the cobblestone street and headed for the Inn. With a yawn and a stretch, she looked forward to the goosedown bed and a warm cup of tea before she settled into sleep for the night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:04 am 

Hey that's a fabnastic story! I saw how much text was there and my first thought was yep....not reading it. However, once I'd got half way through I was enjoying it so much I had to finish. Terrific!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:28 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
same...its great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:53 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I read it because Duck liked it.
Great story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:58 am 

Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
LOL Thanks. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:09 am 

I give it a 10, a f****** 10!! :D Great work!

Boog Dunsward[Brown Coats] -- PvM Warrior
Grinlar Helmsire[GWAR] -- Smithy/GM Miner
Endar Seaspire -- Fisher (maybe alchy?)
Ogden Wile[TLC] -- Tamer/ GM Tracker

In absentia luci tenebrae vincu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:19 pm 

Man that was great!
All I can say is "MORE"!

Post subject: nice
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:35 pm 

omg i loved that story i glared at it then thought omg its really long then i read the coments and thougt it would be worth reading so i did and really enjoyed it then coming to the few last lines then seeing that i was mentioned brought a tear to my eye lol jk thnx for tht story it was cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:04 pm 

Phantom21 You have a great talent there. Anyone who makes bank sitting sound that good deserves a medal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:52 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
Fantastic! you should write more so i have something to do besides calc :)

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:53 am 

Brilliant! :)

Tanith: Ranger
Azedarc: Mage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:37 am