It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:23 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:33 am 

I don't know if this is even possible. Perhaps one of the skills could be renamed and I don't know if such scripting is possible.

But, what if there was a merchant skill? The more one trades with players or vendors, the more skill he'd have. The more skill one has, the better the prices he gets from vendors.

Is such a skill possible? Wouldn't it encourage hunting and crafting altogether?

Just a thought. If it is not possible, just let the topic drop.

'And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

It's a great idea.
We actually already have this functionality, I snuck it in a few months ago(check changelog for exact mention) when i started putting the economy systems in.

It's yet another one of those things i was purposefully vague about to let people find in-game and be surprised/happy.
Right now it's pretty weak though, only one skill affects it and i think it caps at a 15-20% adjustment. Been awhile since i looked at it.

When i have more time i want to add to the system, so lots of skills affect it, such as blacksmiths/sworsdman might get cheaper haggle deals at a blacksmith.

But please keep growing the idea in this thread, i wanna hear what things people want out of their economy.
It's a far future patch (at least 6 months), but that just means ya have more time to toss stuff around.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:21 am 

hmm i would think if you buy from a vendor with one char, you could get a small "good customer" discount . maybee a random chance your purchase would be free instead of discount.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:02 am 

For those that have played Oblivion, they should be aware of such a skill. There is an option to "haggle" with the vendor. You might really piss him off by doing it (if your skill is low) or please him (if your skill is high and therefore earn a discount).

The main idea is to encourage players to move the economy around. That means that prices couldn't be fixed and would have to variate according to supply and demand.

'And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]