It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject: Dispel damage on Poly
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:00 pm 
Game Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
Currently the damage it deals is far too low and poly mages can simply heal it off. How about topping it up to 100 damage? Until the poly subject has their hits below their real str - then it dispels.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:14 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i agree with this 100% and what i thought b4 lol.. i dont do much pking... but looking at it .. it over fixes the problem of the monsters dispelling one after the other.. the low HP dispel, takes away while it is alot it shouldn't be rivaled by spells that u attack normal ppl with to do damage...

basically the idea of making it harder to dispell is good idea but it was over done and needs more power.. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:46 pm 

i agree about the amount of damage is much to low, tho i think 100 is a lil high. If this were dnd and you rolled a 1 for your save, maybe. However, I do think that the dispel should work at 75% hits, if not 66%. The reason for this is a mage can dispel you right away, if timed right, for about 1/4 of the mana.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:50 pm 

Quote:
i agree about the amount of damage is much to low, tho i think 100 is a lil high. If this were dnd and you rolled a 1 for your save, maybe. However, I do think that the dispel should work at 75% hits, if not 66%. The reason for this is a mage can dispel you right away, if timed right, for about 1/4 of the mana.

I agree. I think we should keep away from making drastic changes to this kind of thing. It makes more sense to me to start small and then readjust if it is not enough.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:41 am 

eyah i think 100 would be a litl bit too muh too..
lets say a 150 str mage that is polied his found by a `pker at 155 hp ..
the pker spend 20 something mana on dispelling him and find him with 55 hp left with low int no meditation and with the new changes that have been done to healing.. i would suggest that we get a decent pvp mage face a poly mage before we freak out about the poly potrection to dispell..
i dont think they are crazyly overpowered.. they are just not cooked meat ready to eaten like they used to be..
but of course i would suggest to try it out well first..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:41 am 

Well I've tried it out yesterday once my opponent polly'd I tried to dispel him ,I didn't even know they changed it, so I did it over and over again , but after like 10 seconds, with me trying to heal myself and dispelling him on the way I just died. In my honest opinion I think dispel should actually dispel, but if not, then for sure more damage, because I guess that my PVM mage kicks my PVP mage right in the ass, with GM parrying Gm wrestling and being able to poly and just wall people up and start hitting, with no concern loosing my current status as a daemon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:56 pm 

I dont get why this was changed in the first place I think it was fine.

Now the shard took a small step towards pvm and a giant step away from pvp lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:37 am 

pvm chars are great healers of course... so it's almost impossible a nice pvp mage kill a pvm polly solo (a pollied demon can kill a mage with 2 hits)..

I'm sure all pvmers and DUO are very happy with this!

Oriax - Necro
Bundinha - Craftswoman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:48 am 

Yeah, my pvm, which i love, and rules, sux at healing. 11-20. Every 15 seconds or so, real time, not game time, cuz it says 12 seconds after i heal, which we all know is at least 13. And then when i'm fighting it's even longer, so yeah, i heal so fast, that's why i don't need very many hit points as i can heal them as fast as i take damage. But yeah, i mean, pvmers love the fact that one dispel doesn't undue a spell that costs twice as much. As monsters cast it too, and when you have 5 liches on screen, you wouldn't think, but poly doesn't last very long.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:09 pm 

Quote:
eyah i think 100 would be a litl bit too muh too..
lets say a 150 str mage that is polied his found by a `pker at 155 hp ..
the pker spend 20 something mana on dispelling him and find him with 55 hp left with low int no meditation and with the new changes that have been done to healing.. i would suggest that we get a decent pvp mage face a poly mage before we freak out about the poly potrection to dispell..
i dont think they are crazyly overpowered.. they are just not cooked meat ready to eaten like they used to be..
but of course i would suggest to try it out well first..
As far as the finding a guy with 155 hp hunting that isnt really what were talkin about. The problem is pvmers are now more powerful than pvp built characters. Also, if a character is dispelled below his strength he is only dispelled, not damage aswell so he would be back at 150 str.

To your comment about finding a mage pollied in the very unlikely event he just finishes polying, that mage should die. A pvm mage can evade a pvper and that what they should have to do, Evade. Pvm mages should be considered prey or cooked meat, as they arent pvp oriented but now they can just turn around and have a better chance of winning the fight than the pker.

having it do 100 dmg should be the least to happen, but honestly pvm mages should just suck it up and get dispelled the odd time by npcs. Lets try to remember this is a pvp shard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:39 am 

Thinking about it seriously for the first time, how would a PVM char be weak exactly? A pvper can't fight the tough monsters for shit, but a great pvm can take the toughest bosses down, sometimes on their own from what I hear, so how exactly would they not be able to put up any fight against a pure pvper?

Just sayin.

Eshmaki

http://www.youtube.com/user/IloveJesusY ... ature=mhum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:46 am 

There are two bosses that i can't take down solo, well that's not true, there are no bosses i can't take down solo, however, when it comes to pvp i am completely useless with my pvm. She can't heal. My pvm is based around the game, so when i'm fighting bosses i have a huge advantage compared to when i get pk'd. If i have full hits and mana when found by a pvm mage, i'll die 9/10 times, and that is with the change to dispel, so yeah, let's make it so 20 mana undoes 40 mana, basically doing 150 points of damage, that makes sense.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:55 pm 

I just look at it this way. Whats the point in having a pvp mage and pvp warrior and pvm mage when all you need now is a pvm mage. I just think its unbalanced now and lots of people wasted time.

Pvms killed warriors Mages killed Pvms and Warriors killed mages. Now its pvms kill all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:25 pm 

Quote:
when it comes to pvp i am completely useless with my pvm
you do relize that pvm stands for player vs monster right?

Im pretty shitty vs monsters on my pvp, We better make some changes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:24 pm 

The reason people are getting pissy about it is some of the pvprs have taken to polying their mage into a daemon to go kill people, making it that much harder to kill them. I dunno how my pvm would do vs a warrior, prolly alright, but still prolly lose. Vs a mage not much of a chance, even with walls. When you only heal 6 points of dmg when your poisoned every 15 seconds, you tend to die pretty quickly. That's alright, like i said, i can own every boss. But to get polyd and fully healed it takes a lot of heal attempts or more than three greater heal spells. So that's 80 mana, then let's buff, 19 mana, oh, and i'd like to see, 4 mana. So, over 100 mana invested, shield armed, and poof, 20 mana just cancelled ALL of it. Yup, that makes sense. This is for the people that think that it should be changed back. It shouldn't, and it shouldn't do more damage. If you want to do more damage, use flamestrike. However, i think it is good the way it is. It works. I run around as a daemon and i have been killed plenty of times. I've gotten away a few times, but not once have i killed my attacker. At least not on my pvm hahaha.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next