It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:20 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: All crafting skills
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:29 pm 
Game Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
Crafting: Discuss!

What is unbalanced/broken? How would you fix it.

Please keep posts short and sweet.

Post subject: Re: All crafting skills
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:00 am 

the skills are not exactly broken i think they are pretty fair. The thing that is not fair however is all the secrecy to crafting. It is already hard enough gaining skills now we have to test on different characters just to find out how to make 1 object. I wouldn't mind it as much if we had more character slots.

As for unbalanced obviously its bow crafting, the bows you craft with those skills totally nullify bow magic drops and make them completely useless. The bows are way OP and worth practically nothing, which is fine i guess if your shooting for more pvp but not to good for people that hunt to get weapons.

Another thing that bothers me is some of the resources needed for certain items are hidden and no one knows how to obtain. For instance bee's wax to create a candle. I think some information concerning crafting should be explained.

Also other skills such as carpentry needs to be fixed for the crafting of blank scrolls it requires 1 log and "0" to craft a parchment. I believe the "0" ingredient was an accidental extra line added to that script and its causing the item to become uncraftable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:58 am 

All crafting skills are now easy to gain..more easier than t3a,

plus now all resources are easy to get.. such as str fishes, blackrock and bloodrock sets, -stats potts never fail...
that kind of things really f*** the economy up

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:55 pm 

Craftable weapons should be bad ass,we took the time to gm a skill to make a product. If they nerf bows to shit why the hell would I even consider gming bow fletching.
I also think we should be able to craft all bows not just some of them.
Some resources are easy to find but yew logs and charred logs are super rare.I can dig up black rock and blood rock w ease compared to the logs.

I'm not asking to make it easier to find these items, I'd rather see it harder to get some of the other resources as it was before.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:26 pm 

Quote:
Craftable weapons should be bad ass,we took the time to gm a skill to make a product. If they nerf bows to shit why the hell would I even consider gming bow fletching.
I also think we should be able to craft all bows not just some of them.
Some resources are easy to find but yew logs and charred logs are super rare.I can dig up black rock and blood rock w ease compared to the logs.

I'm not asking to make it easier to find these items, I'd rather see it harder to get some of the other resources as it was before.
At this point nerf the yew bow down to same dmg as vanq, but also add the ability to miners to craft superior weapons such as blood rock etc weps that are as good as power and plus have some other bonuses.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:40 pm 

Also, it would be nice if that feature that Bob was talking about could be introduced, such as:

You're a GM miner, but you are also GM Macing, thus, the macing weps you craft are much more powerful than the average.

Tho he talked about this when cross/classing, so you gm fencing on a warrior and then change class to miner (and basically gm smith, because some classes cannot wield certain weps). In this case, the Blacksmith class should be given the possibility to weild and train all the melee skills.

Last but not least, I'd like to see something like that for parrying too.

Your GM miner is GM parry? Cool, your shields give more AR ... and so on..

At least this will make blacksmiths more interesting, as in the last years they have been practically useless..

I think also that this could be implemented for Bows (Gm Archery GM bowcrafting/ more powerfull bows)

And obviously, (the basics) a wep crafted with iron would dmg less than a wep crafted with shadow/blackrock etc.

Oh and another suggestion, Gold weps! We know that gold armor is magical, lets make gold weps too, but with a super rare chance to get a vanq gold wep, that anyways would dmg less than a vanq drop,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:09 pm 

weapons crafted with the different ores need to have damage different that iron, just like blackrock gives more ar a blackrock weapon will do more damage...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:32 am 

Quote:
All crafting skills are now easy to gain..more easier than t3a,

plus now all resources are easy to get.. such as str fishes, blackrock and bloodrock sets, -stats potts never fail...
that kind of things really f*** the economy up

Try training fishing now, im at 36 and i want to slit my throat every time i attempt to train it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:48 am 

I'm up for making crafted weps better and to have damage vary depending on what they are made from...

Other than that - what I would also like to see with crafting is for players to be able to sell more of their wares to NPC vendors. I think there are quite a few items which the relevant vendors will not purchase. I'm currently making lots of chests of draws while training carpentry and these can neither be sold or dumped in a trash can as they are too big to fit in the container (if there is a vendor that already buys such things please let me know!).

This is both annoying and wasteful as you can spend a lot of time and gp's collecting up resources - and then have to chuck it on the ground. Even a few gp's in return and to be able to remove them from your pack quickly by selling them would be much better.

I think some of this might have been intended to promote sales to other players but after only a small while making and item (such as chest of draws!), I probably create enough to supply most of our players.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]