It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:58 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Hello everyone.

Finally got into the game and now i wish i had some friends lol.
i suggest, since the game chat is out, that ppl could use discord and make a obsdianshard channel. i would have made it already but i'd like to get ppl's reaction first.

Also how hard would it be to make so the players could use razor? or such a tool...

the game could use some automation since so much of it is grinding and mechanical (attended automation- i dont have to say this do i)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:37 pm 
Staff

Razor isn't allowed here at the moment, nor is Injection. This may change in the future. Tools allowed are EasyUO and UOloop. Be respectful when using these and don't afk macro.

I love the idea of having a Discord for players to chit chat with. Players have set up Ventrillo and Teamspeak servers in the past and it was fun.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:37 am 
Staff

Razor actually will not work anyway on this shard. Razor is a tool for playing on shards running the RunUO server emulator. Obsidian shard uses Sphere, not RunUO. For instance, commands in RunUO start with "[" as commands in Sphere start with "."

I too am open to the idea of facilitating some sort of chat. We've found in the past though that's it's usually best to let the players decide what they want to use and organize joining.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:42 am 

ok. after reading a post suggesting the re implementation of the server status i feel compelled to create a channel on discord.

ObsidianShard
https://discord.gg/rexTdrN

please join so we can make a base of ppl.

thx

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:27 pm 
Game Admin

You raised a very good point about improving the game mechanics to help remove the need for unattended macroing. I'll look into it.

Skills such as anatomy, animal lore, arms lore, evaluating intelligence and spirit speak are all examples.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:20 pm 

Quote:
Razor actually will not work anyway on this shard. Razor is a tool for playing on shards running the RunUO server emulator. Obsidian shard uses Sphere, not RunUO. For instance, commands in RunUO start with "[" as commands in Sphere start with "."

I too am open to the idea of facilitating some sort of chat. We've found in the past though that's it's usually best to let the players decide what they want to use and organize joining.
I don't know where you got your information from but razor does work on any server, doesnt matter if its sphere, runuo, servuo, etc. Obsidian just doesn't allow it, which is best. You guys don't want people running around scripting pvp, although it is blockable its still better to not even use razor at all.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]