It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Priorities
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:51 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
With some small/manageable changes, the game could be made much more balanced and playable. This would bring back some of the old players which will in turn lead to bug reports and more input on further balancing. Staff have asked me to put together a list of 10 prioritized issues that bring people back, I have 9. More peoples opinions the better, I encourage you to make your own list of what you would like to see.

Even if you simply agree or disagree, please leave a message or we likely wont see any of this prioritized. Keep in mind the staff have big plans for the shard already and the more complicated imbalances like Classes and Races are going to be addressed in the future. Lets leave reasonable requests and not flame eachother.

1) Refine Magic Weapon Drops

Warriors need good weapons to be viable in PVP which is good for the economy. Cleaning this up will encourage people to go hunting and help provide warriors with the edge they need.

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=40337

2) Fletching/Bowcraft

It should be difficult to obtain materials to craft the strongest bow. This bow should be the equivalent to a durable +7 bow. Xbows need to be craft-able if they are not already.

3) Weapon Balancing

I recommend keeping 2 - 1handed weapons, 2 - 2handed weapons and 2 - 2 tile ranged 2handed weapons for macefighting, fencing and swordsmanship and removing the rest. Light xbow, heavy xbow and bow should be enough weapon styles for archery when you factor in fletching. Could implement more weapons and weapon abilities in the future but this should be manageable for now. If you want to discuss this please make a separate thread

4) Magery

Balance spell damage, cast speeds and fizzle rates

5) Poisoning

Have it so poison potions will poison the target on impact and remove the poison cloud

6) Archery

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=40308&p=260611#p260611

This one applies to weapon balancing but could be postponed untill after poisoning is changed. Archery is still playable but it is weak.

7) Necromancers

Every other class has some risk or cost involved in playing except for necromancers. I think following suggestion is a potiontial fix

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=40357

8) Dungeons

The dungeon Wrong is looking great after the re-work. I know the whole loot table needs to be looked at but some other areas/dungeons could really use a respawn.

9) Luck

Luck needs some adjusting, its very inconsistent and if you played, I'm sure you would find the same. I had a suggestion for it

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=40322&p=260502#p260502

Post subject: Re: Priorities
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:09 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
I agree with Maestro, I think they are great priorities and should be focused on.

Post subject: Re: Priorities
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:24 am 

All good except #2 is pretty much the way it is already. Although I have no idea on damage from yew bows etc..

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]