It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:32 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Frustrated newbie....
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:47 pm 
I have three times now, not payed attention, when at a vendor, buying/selling and go to click on my bag, and not notice that their image was still up, and I get accused of trying to steal, and throwen in jail..... Is there anyway I can disable that so I don't do that no more? There are several other things I can't think of now, will try writeing them when I can think clearly, like that will ever happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:49 pm 

You don't need to double click them... just click and drag off of them so it's just their name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:22 am 

Quote:
You don't need to double click them... just click and drag off of them so it's just their name.
hmm drag not goody
will make him crash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:38 am 

I dont crash from that...

But by far the easiest way is a single left click- this will bring up the name of the player/npc/whatever above their head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:52 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

you will crash from that if you are inside a shop and do it then walk out. sometimes.

heres a idea, how bout taking advantage of the ultima online built in macro system and make a simple but effective macro for the all names feature. then, when youre done, tell red, thass, and zaph, that they are big fat noobies for not suggesting it to you. if you have trouble setting it up, first, slap yourself, then,ask almost anyone in game (cept thass, red or zaph) and im sure they will be more than happy to fill you in.

and this way you wont forget to tab out of war mode and attack a vendor looking for his name. i could not function without the all names macro. there are also a few nice tricks you can pull off with all names. nothing you couldnt do anyway, but makes things handier you will find.

dont let things frustrate you, it took me two weeks before i even admitted i liked obsidian. i was so confused.

my first day i paged Orisus and asked wtf my bow was shooting so slow. he replied, cause its a heavy xbow and you got 30 dex and your archery skill is 32. yeah, like that meant something to me at the time lol.

people here are really nice and will be glad to help you so hang in there and soon you will be hooked like the rest of us. good luck!

*EDIT i spoke to thass and he wants it known that he was completely aware of the all names feature when he posted. but says he's heard some people have reported it causing them to crash. (lies)

i want it officially on the record though that all names does not cause crashes for anyone I've ever met ever so i highly suggest using it.
and Thassius is very sexy yes indeed. and Zaph, dont .kill me or ill tell.
END OF EDIT*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:25 pm 

Not to mention that I dont personally use that feature, I guess it kinda seems weird from a roleplay perspective for me.

Yes I was aware of it, yes I decided not to recommend it, but thankyou to Drizzt for the detail on that option - im sure it will come in helpful.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]