It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 12:18 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:23 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Heres the thing. Im gm magery already from actually playing the game to make my mage, instead of banksitting and casting on myself. Or afking it all like a whole lot of people do, iver never afked anything. i have no macro progs so now its gonna take me like 1000 hours to get the other 55% of my magic resistance.

ettin lords cast light spells and its legal to run around them in a circle not getting hit and train magic resistance. well so i sat on a bridge instead of running in a circle, you could make a macro to walk and do this too, but i simply think it should be allowed, the ettin lord is not being brought into a house, anyone could come kill it and me at any time, im never afk doin this. So whats the big deal if i run in circles or sit still as long as im not afk....

i guess i can go get a crappy monster i could sit and wrestle with while they casted but my dex will go up and im at the cap so that would kinda suck... but its the same principal not gettin hurt too much and training resist.. i really dont see the big deal.

im never gonna get anywhere on my resist hunting a couple ettin lords a day and pvping a slight bit. and i refuse to spend 100s of hours and another $500,000 just buying regs and sitting still casting on myself.

meditation is another thing, i sit and watch everyone gm med in no time somehow.. ive gained 20% since i started magery and im GM magery now with 50% med. at this rate i will never gm it. mabey in 5 years, but im trying to have fun playing this game not sit around using scrolls to do med for hours and hours on end. it takes about an hour for .1% BTW. and thats at low ass 50 med. so thats 500 hours of constant medding at least.

yes i got off the subject but my char is in jail and i have stopped really postin on these forums anymore cause of all the sht i get for it, so i just wanted to get that off my chest...

anyway, faster med gains plz, and stop gettin on me for training on the ettin lord,,, i mean so what i was running from the ettin lord right, he catches up to me at the bridge so i run away but the bridge stops him. im happy cause im safe. but oh no! the thing is still casting spells on me which do damage.. SO WHAT!!! wtf should i be jailed for a monster following me for??? i can sit on a bridge if i want right......

Lysol-former
Maximus-former
Dracula-former
Kuka
Bl8dinc4K3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:34 am 
if u were jailed for training on the npc and he was not locked in a house then u were wrongly jailed.. who jailed u?

its only illegal to trap a npc and then train.. any other war shape or form u do is totally legal by the rules.. so take that up with who jailed you

on the other hand......
why you would post it here is annother story...
u must learn to think more on a...... from all sides around view for now on and stuff.. and what ur actions... can cause before u post something of this sort...

my advice.. dont post this.. instead.. get outa jail.. do it again.. untill some rule is changed saying u cant..

and u were not afk were u..?? cause if so.. thats grounds for being jailed no mater what u are doing..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:08 am 

I was not afk. It had to either be subcity or kinetic, since they said "havent you gotten in trouble enough for this already" thing is man they jailed me and talked to me invis so i couldnt even see who it was. thx for telling me its legal, that was my point anyway...

Id like to know count , what did i post thats wrong? what will happen to me cause i post? i cant get any nicer and i can hardly get fked over more than i do for no reason. so what now man. i hardly coulda paged in game i mean cmon now lmfao.

and ive been threatend with loss of skill for this as well. and ive never locked anything or been afk. its about principal. i believe im right in my position anyone who wants to take it on can.

Lysol-former
Maximus-former
Dracula-former
Kuka
Bl8dinc4K3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:17 am 
It is illegal if the monster cant hit you. I understand monsters get stuck sometimes and in a normal fight you would not get in trouble but the point of having the monster follow you is for him to get stuck. I say again it is illegal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:25 am 

so ill make a macro to run in wide circles and do the same exact thing? whats the difference. and he isnt stuck hes sittin at a bridge open to the public, so he cant hit me so what. i can just go get witches which dont hit for sht and cast fine. i dont care anymore. its some crap though. and med is fked totally fuked you have to afk it to get anywhere. good bye im gona from forums for a while now i wont be lookin at any more responses.

oh and if its not being able to hit u thats the only thing, u realize everyones been killing deamons like that at the temple for oh Years now, The balron at whatever dungeon it is for years ect... why wasnt there any prob for all that time .

Lysol-former
Maximus-former
Dracula-former
Kuka
Bl8dinc4K3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:56 am 
Quote:
It is illegal if the monster cant hit you. I understand monsters get stuck sometimes and in a normal fight you would not get in trouble but the point of having the monster follow you is for him to get stuck. I say again it is illegal
not to be a dick but sitting in a guarded zone while a "npc" was to cast on u... goes fine with each rule listed in the rules...

1. npc is not stuck (it can move.. just cant enter guarded area but still "attacks in form of spells)
2. npc is not "locked" in a house
3. and if not afk doing so... u good

personally i think he is going about it a bit wrong.. so chill out drac.. in the past i have more so argued his posts.. and im not backing the way this one is handled but the idea... yea i gotta sit with him on this one.. techniqly he did nothign wrong.. Acording to the rules that is.. and exploited no bug..

id say there are 2 choices here.. leave him to do his training in that mannor.. or change the rules.. add one stating: "you can't let a NPC cast a spell on you while u are standing in a guarded zone"

ppl been doing the same exact thing in moonglow for ages.. taking those mages in the woods to the town and stand at the gates while they attack..

sorry.. i feel he should be released from jail, told "sorry" and left to do it again if he wishes... unless however u wanna adopt that new rule i listed above..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:34 am 
he did nothing wrong and that is perfectly legal as far as i know - plus count proved it to be legal by the rules. i think he was wrongly jailed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:54 am 
the only way I ever gained resist spells was through pve and pvp, and I have the same amount as I do for healing, about 83%. Granted healing gains used to be slower than they are now, that's still a reasonable rate; you just need to always be fighting something that casts spells.
*hint* if you find a spot that has a group of melee plus a few casters that respawns often, you can just focus on killing the melee and let the caster blast away indefinitely, or you could just go to somewhere such as the air elemental shrine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:34 am 
well i dont know all the details of the event.. but.. if he was in a guarded area not traping the npc.... i cant find in rules where it states that is wrong.. of course if that is what he was doing..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:29 am 
I jailed you.

And yes this is illegal, read the rules more clearly:

23. Players may not harbor or confine any NPC in their housing or with other objects.

The Ettin Lord was confined by the section going into the guarded area, reds cant go in so it was confined as it was targetting you, and being a dumb monster it knows nothing else but to keep attacking, so it cant escape, couple this with the fact it was trapped under the bridge and I cant see how you can complain on this matter. As Jorus said and was pointed out not long ago, if only 1 method of damage, ie melle or magic is blocked but not both then it is illegal.

And I dont believe you simply ran away from the EL, it came all the way from the ettin pit down to the mining camp, thats some run, looks more like it was lured there for a reason.

You probably wasted your magery training doing cyre or stat boost spells in a rush to GM it, you can go from 30 to 70 + resist by the time you GM magery by doing attack spells such as magic arrows and foreballs on yourself.

Go fight air elementals they give great gains.

I'm with you on the med thing though, I macroed it once upon a time too, im guilty yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:44 am 
Quote:
23. Players may not harbor or confine any NPC in their housing or with other objects.
well we know houseing wasnt involved.....
what would be the object then?? lol :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:48 am 
The object being the transition from guarded to unguarded area, its invissible but there, an impassible barrier for red monsters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:53 am 
You guys seemed to have missed the finer point.

IT'S ILLEGAL. No questions asked. This thread should have stopped when jorus posted. If you've read the rules recently, you'll notice the grey area clause that states that the words of high staff are final, and last i checked, JORUS WAS HIGH STAFF.

Have a nice day, this is locked.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]