It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:25 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:18 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Bot Check: GAMER
Allrighty. Some of the vets around may remember the first national bank of obsidian, most of you probably don't, but i'm thinking about re-starting it.

Basically it's a giant warehouse/stockpile. It's not a bank in the traditional way that it stores things for you, but rather it's a bank for conversion rates, like EU to USD, etc.

Basically the bank opens with around 5 million in the balance, and the weeks conversion rates are posted on the boards. For that week, if you want to convert anything, you just contact me and i'll give you your converted materials, then next week the conversion rates will change to reflect supply/demand.

As to what can be converted it will be pretty much any raw materials:
Wood/ribs/fish/ore/refined ore/reagents/etc. to/from gold or to/from the other items.
And later on, probably adding any craftable items as well.

Basically it'll have a conversion rate for almost every item with a trade value. And while the conversion rates will be relatively low, it won't be insanely low.

The main purpose of the bank was originally to give newbies a way to exchange goods for stuff they needed, and to give a reflection of the current obsidian economy.

Setting it up is gonna take some time, so i'm wondering right now if anyone thinks it would be useful right now, or if i should just forget it. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:26 pm 
shouldnt it be the 2nd national bank of obsidian?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:39 pm 
you'll need to sit down to think out a way to calculate the exchange rates. You don't want smart asses to make mad profit out of speculating :)

IE : someone who has 20k lumber and decides to buy 10k at 4gp/piece lumber from you, therefore bringing up to price of that ressource. Then selling like 20-25k lumber back to you for 5,3gp/piece under another character, making good profit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:58 pm 

lmfao, how do you think it works in the real world.

Lysol-former
Maximus-former
Dracula-former
Kuka
Bl8dinc4K3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:04 pm 

Amazingly the board trolls still contribute... Why don't ya just come back mad. At least then you'd have a little more credit to your words then just your past experience, which a lot of players don't know of. :P

And i already have all that worked out from the last instance, it lasted for two years and worked out great, got a lot of newbies their first houses and equipment. :P

I just gotta spend some time adjusting it for the current shard eco and doing some new runnings of the old forumlas and it'd be set, still would take time though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:24 am 

it would be nice to see mad in game again.

sounds like a nice idea and a lot of work duo, but i have no doubt you can handle it. helping new players is never a bad thing, and after the 1000 man lan i figure we will have even more new guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:48 am 
whateva floats ya boat...

go for it

*LOCKED* hahahah j/k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:28 pm 
awsome... mind explaining exactley how it works cuz im not exactley sure what yah mean

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]