It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:19 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 61 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:07 pm 

I don't protector. Well, I do, but not my main use.

Legend... 12 Frames Per Second?! CRAZY!!! And it's Blu-Ray fyi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:42 pm 

Website: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=Leylah
Yahoo Messenger: habiba_87
Its definately ps3 > xbox 360

I mean, come on.

Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS
Specs http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614682p1.html

And whats the xbox 360? just a fancy xbox? nothing new, nothing special, just more powerful. And most of the games out for the 360 u can get on pc, and they'd look better on pc anyways depending on graphic card of course. And like
Quote:
I mean...it's just a pc for computer illiterate people
And the revolution is just a box, theres no specs out for it, atleast i havnt seen any. and the uh concept might seem real nifty, but you really dont know untill it comes out, it might just be poop. Then again theres always those nintendo fanboys that would just leak at thought of a revoultion. Its still gonna be better than the 360.

I think nintendo quality just went down with the n64(but then again it was aimed toward "kids"), and the 360, the only thing microsoft has going for it is halo.

I'm suprised people actually waited in line for it :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:01 pm 

I'm surprised Abib actually gave a clear concise answer, in which I walked away thinking instead of rolling my eyes. Maybe there's hope Abib!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:03 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

specs mean squat its all about the games you guys know that.

i mean look how much ps2 raped xbox and gamecube yet its a calculator compared to them in specs. it owned them both in sales the entire generation. yet it was oldest.

you cant count microsoft out ever though, because sony cant just buy up all the game licenses *sic ea sic* to beat the competition like they did vs sega and nintendo. ms has truckloads of cash as well. and both have excellent first party support. needless to say, their war to outdo one another will be our gamers bliss enjoying the cool stuff they put out..
and then nintendo will make thier nifty lil box and it'l suck but they'll make a ton on pokemon and laugh at ms and sony.

personally i could care less who/which is best cause i have a JOB and will buy em all if i feel the urge. or maybe ill build a new pc.

anyways the more they compete the better they will make their stuff to convince me to buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:30 pm 

Quote:
Its definately ps3 > xbox 360

I mean, come on.

Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS
Specs http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614682p1.html
I don't own either... and never will. Here is your missing specs

Xbox 360
http://news.com.com/Xbox+specs+revealed ... 05372.html

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
• Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
• Two hardware threads per core; six hardware threads total
• VMX-128 vector unit per core; three total
• 128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread
• 1 MB L2 cache
CPU Game Math Performance
• 9 billion dot product operations per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor
• 500MHz processor
• 10 MB of embedded DRAM
• 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines
• Unified shader architecture

Polygon Performance
• 500 million triangles per second

Pixel Fill Rate
• 16 gigasamples per second fill rate using 4x MSAA

Shader Performance
• 48 billion shader operations per second

Memory
• 512 MB of GDDR3 RAM
• 700 MHz of DDR
• Unified memory architecture

Memory Bandwidth • 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
• 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
• 21.6 GB/s front-side bus

Overall System Floating-Point Performance
• 1 teraflop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:08 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
Console's suck, PC FOREVER!!!!
jajajjaja protector is right!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:54 am 

That's a first!! He's British!!!! hahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:29 am 

Quote:
Quote:
microsoft sucks in general
Bet you a dolla u using a microsoft o/s.
(Well, you almost have to........ There cant be quality development when theres a massive coporate entity that stifles innovation every time it pops its ugly head up... ) The world is owned by microsoft. Ever heard that?

« Another fine messKeyboard rant »Microsoft sucks, George Bush swallows
Posted 4 years, 1 month ago by Alderete
In a shocking, I say shocking development, the Department of “Justice” has completely capitulated on the Microsoft antitrust trial, giving a convicted monopolist a light slap on the wrist. Just another example of George Bush helping the rich get richer.

A quick recap of history: in 1998, the DoJ sued Microsoft in federal court for alleged antitrust violations. After months of dubious legal strategy, damning evidence, and ludicrous courtroom behavior, Microsoft was in 2000 convicted by a conservative Federal judge of being a monopoly and abuse of monopoly power. Note the word convicted.

In 2001, seven more Federal judges—a full sitting of the appeals court, most of them conservative appointees also—unanimously upheld the bulk of the conviction. Note the word upheld.

Now, after weeks of “negotiation,” the DoJ and Microsoft have arrived at a “settlement” that is so full of ambiguities and loopholes that it’s not clear that it will have any effect on Microsoft behavior, let alone actually restore balance to the technology industry.

The appeals court ruled that any actions taken against Microsoft (a) must restore competition to the affected market, (b) must deprive Microsoft of the “fruits of its illegal conduct,” and© must prevent Microsoft from engaging in similar tactics in the future. The settlement fails on every one of these.

I’ve read a few objections to this position, penned by Microsoft apologists, or Microsoft’s buddies at the DoJ, and none of them hold water:

The proposed settlement is strong, and it really will modify Microsoft’s behavior.

No, it’s not. Ralph Nader (a man I’m not fond of) and James Love have written an open letter which details the deep flaws in the settlement far more eloquently than I can manage. Read that for the details.

And even if the agreement somehow managed to stop Microsoft’s current abuses, there are plenty more new abuses that are not even remotely prevented by the agreement. Read Bob Cringely’s latest column for more on that.

That letter assumes the worst about Microsoft’s behavior, but Microsoft is good, the settlement will have a positive effect.

History suggests this is not correct. Inserting weasel words and then using them to studiously adhere to their interpretation of the agreement while flagrantly ignoring the spirit is exactly what Microsoft did to the last consent decree with the DoJ. Certainly, depending on Microsoft to be “good” is a pretty flawed way to approach handling a convicted and unrepentant monopoly abuser.

This antitrust case is all about Microsoft’s rivals complaining, not about real consumer harm.

If that were really true, I doubt if eight (count ‘em, eight) Federal judges would have upheld the conviction. It’s not as though they don’t understand the law.

And if that were really true, what’s up with Microsoft raising the prices on their products? The price of the operating system has been steadily creeping upwards; Windows XP is $10 more than the prior upgrade, and Microsoft is currently moving corporate customers onto new support programs which will cost twice as much as the old programs.

Explain to me how paying more for a product is not “consumer harm.”

But Windows XP delivers more value, that’s why it costs more.

Um, no. Look at other parts of the software industry where there is actual competition. Over time you get more value, and you pay the same or less. I’ve been upgrading Quicken for many years, getting lots more value in every release, and the price to upgrade is the same. Quicken has competitors, so Intuit can’t raise the price. Windows does not have competitors, so Microsoft abuses their monopoly power and raises prices.

Microsoft just wants to protect their freedom to innovate.

Aha ha ha ha ha ha! Aha ha ha ha ha ha! That’s a good one! Aha ha ha ha ha ha!

“Innovation” has nothing to do with it. Microsoft wants to protect their freedom to crush their competitors. Microsoft has never had a reputation for innovation, for good reason; they copy the best ideas from their competitors and put those into Windows in such a way to steer consumers towards other Microsoft initiatives (currently that’s MSN and Passport; if you’ve installed Windows XP, you know exactly what I mean).

But if Microsoft can’t integrate functionality into Windows, then consumers won’t get the benefits of that integration. The integration is the innovation.

Integration of extended functionality into a user’s computing environment is certainly desirable. However, that integration can be done in a way that fosters innovation and competition, or it can be done in an exclusionary way. Guess which way Microsoft has been doing things.

The current settlement proposal recognizes and acknowledges this, and is attempting to change Microsoft’s anti-competitive behavior in this area. But the language is so weak and riddled with holes, it depends on Microsoft to be “good,” something they have repeatedly demonstrated they don’t know how to do.

Final note: I’m not talking here about conspiracy theories in the total capitulation of the DoJ. I think it was a perfectly ordinary case of George Bush making sure that rich people can stay rich, by making the world safe for large corporations to do whatever they want.

But I don’t have strong opinions here at all. ;-)

DoJ vs. MS
Timeline
MS Tenacity

Lysol-former
Maximus-former
Dracula-former
Kuka
Bl8dinc4K3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:07 am 

If FFVII comes out on ps3 then that's enough for me, and yes, I'm that simple 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:23 am 

Quote:
If FFVII comes out on ps3 then that's enough for me, and yes, I'm that simple 8)
Same, lol.

Post subject: =\
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:01 pm 

ya but the xbox360 i got broke the first day i think theres something wrong with em.:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:15 pm 

omg so long answers.. and the fact is:
CONSOLES ARE FOR WHO DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE A KEYBOARD TO PLAY.
lol

Post subject: lol
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:55 pm 

lol i know how to use a keyboard and i still got consules.

Post subject: Re: lol
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:58 pm 

Quote:
lol i know how to use a keyboard and i still got consules.
Maybe thats why you spelt it "consules" ...

Post subject: lol
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:03 pm 

as u can tell im not that great at spelling so wut.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 61 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next