It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:40 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:47 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

i saw ominusha 3 up somewheres already....

yeah doom 3 and q4 so crappy the sp is ok but mp is biggest shite ever so slow. quake 3 arena was much better. i want to kill whoever made quake suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:36 pm 
Quote:
i saw ominusha 3 up somewheres already....

yeah doom 3 and q4 so crappy the sp is ok but mp is biggest shite ever so slow. quake 3 arena was much better. i want to kill whoever made quake suck.
Aye....Oni 3 was up on mini a while back.

Quake 4 should've been good (since it was a continuation of the plot from Q2, which rocked), but it was just terrible. Was a real shame, because it had a lot of potential.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:17 am 
i've just started fahrenheit. it's absolutely amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:32 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
Quake 4/Doom 3 (They're basically the same game, just different models and guns). Both sucked....big time.
Nay.

Unreal Tourney is too cheesy (But I do have fun playing it and Half-Life 2 once in a while) and the fear engine is wack in my opinion. Farcry engine looks nice but I just never got into the game. The Doom 3 engine is also excellent for open-source developers. But yeah, Quake IV is the D3 engine with extra stuff piled on.

Drizzt: Quake IV mp (and even modified doom 3) can be just as fast as quake 3 arena... if your system can handle it. I thought RavenSoft did a decent job with it, but if Carmack would have had more of a hand in it... yeah it probably would have been even better. He's too busy building rockets now heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:35 am 
Quote:
The Doom 3 engine is also excellent for open-source developers. But yeah, Quake IV is the D3 engine with extra stuff piled on.
Gameplay in both games felt the same. It was predictable, repetitive gameplay. "Oh...narrow, dark corridor. Something's gonna burst out of somewhere."

The engine was nice, but was really wasted on sub-average games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:48 am 

yea, i have a comp with wayyy over the recomended req, for quake 4, and it accualy runs AT LEAST twice as fast as quake 3 arena. and yes, i own both

Peter - GM fisher, GM cook, 80% tailoring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:11 am 

Unreal tournament 2K7 is comeing out sometime this year its going to require at a minimum sli dual vid cards. Suppouse to have some kick ass graphics 2k5 was alright im a instagib person and not many ppl play that anymore cause it takes uber skill. I play counter strike with prot sometimes and lets see some new games comeing out in 06.... Have new team fortress based off HL2 uses the engine and graphics as hl2. Team fortress is pretty kick ass I played it back when quake 1 came out. I am pretty big on FPS. My buddy told me that everquest 2 had a free month trial for everyone right now. He said the graphics on it was pretty good and a fun game. But ya im building a new rig right now im and building it to run ut 2k7 sli 7800gtx's duel core amd 2 gigs corsair select ram all that good stuff. So good thread im going to be looking for some of the new games comeing out. There should be alot of them comeing out soon though. Usually after a new line of vid cards come out nvidia and raedon will back gameing companys to build games useing there vid cards and to promote there shit. K i need to goto bed worked 84 hours this week time to catch up on sleep see u all in game.

SirMixAlot Alch and Bowcraft

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:28 am 

Sounds good mate...Pretty much all my system is premium hardware, e.g. OCZ Platinum CL2 memory, PCI-E x16 SLI motherboard, Creative X-Fi etc.

If I need a game boost all I need to do is upgrade the graphics or CPU... I also might go for dual RAID WD Raptors if i need it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:17 pm 
I just started Black and White 2, nice light hearted game! also theres the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion! thats gonna be a good one, the graphics on that look amazing too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:26 pm 
im lookin to get oblivion for th ePC instead of console. It does look pretty .... almost as pretty as drizzt's mouth....... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:02 pm 

Quote:
almost as pretty as drizzt's mouth....... :wink:
Eww... wouldnt that be incest? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:30 pm 

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:19 am 

As in Zaknafein = Drizzt's dad from the books or something?

Anyway, this week I have mostly been playing Fable. OMG its awesome, and will keep me occupied til Elder Scrolls IV!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:24 am 
i played that too, i didn't think much of it. story - shit, gameplay - shit, great graphics, great sound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:52 am 

Naw, gameplay is fun particularly when u get cooler skills, because you actually have to 'play' combat rather than just the game rolling dice behind the scenes. Storyline isn't bad too either - its 'different', but at least its engaging.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next