It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 9:12 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Cooking
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:18 am 
Ok....so having GMed mining and smithy, I can now concantrate my efforts on my cook/fisherman.

Fishing seems straightforward enough, as for cooking, I'm a tab ... bedazzled shall we say.
The skill guide specifically states "Most instances of "Heat source" also include Campfires, Forges and Heating Stands; all of these may be used to cook most types of food, excluding pies."

Well ... this is boloney! I can only seem to cook anything on campfires....and ONLY campfires. Am I missing something? Besides this being quite tedious, I don't want to raise my camping skill....AT ALL!!! I don't care if it takes me 50 tries to like some kindling...I NEVER want to be a GM Camper...not at the skills current ... usefulness ...

Also...what's the best way to raise cooking in YOUR opinion?

Dee..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:44 am 
Only naked flames allow you to cook on them, and not all naked flames are able to be used as a cooking instrument.

Just light fires, eat a fff of camping when you reach 5-10-20 skill, however many skill points you can spare. Your a fisher and you will find many of them.

Just fish a straight, cut the fish into their bundles of 4 and cook em where they are.
When you catch small fish cook em all cos they are nice and easy to cook/move.
IMO dont bother doing them singularly unless you have a split/cook macro figured out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:10 am 
Quote:
IMO dont bother doing them singularly unless you have a
split/cook macro figured out.
... I have ... :twisted:
It's actually a split/cook/combine macro to be exact :roll:

Still....takes longer to gain per fish steak in cooking then it did with smelting per iron ore in mining at the same skill levels.

Dee..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:58 am 

Cooking is a slow skill to gain, and you arethe 1435257th Obsidian player to say it - but it is fully GMable with patience as many players have done. Seeing as you have a macro sorted and an understanding of the cooking system now, I'll lock this thread for tidyness.
If you have any more cooking questions please use the search function.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]