It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:33 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Trapping Red NPC's
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:21 am 
Very simple, Is Trapping a Red NPC in your house Illegal, unlike animals. Are there any other Important things to know when trapping things in a house that will stop me from posting any further things.
Thanks for your Time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:23 am 
http://www.dxgaming.com/obsidian/rulesframe.php

" 23. Players may not harbor or confine any NPC in their housing or with other objects. "

"most" of the rules are there. apparently staff can make them up whenever they feel like it as well. but stick to those and you'll be as safe as you possibly can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:35 am 
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:44 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
lmfao

and also though u cant confine an npc in a house you can do so in their own lairs and so forth hint hint...

Lysol-former
Maximus-former
Dracula-former
Kuka
Bl8dinc4K3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 1:53 pm 
Staff

Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
By playing the obsidian service, you agree that you have read and understand the following rules, There are no GREY areas in the rules, if a staff decides you are breaking a rule, you are breaking it. You cannot use a loophole in the rules to claim innocence. Jorus, Blinkers, and Broadband may at any time declare something illegal, and thier rulings supercede anything written on this page, so do not try to exploit the wording of these rules.

Summary, if you think you might be breaking a rule you probably are.

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:17 pm 
Nothing to do with my previous question, but this is very frustrating......everytime i switch from axe to dagger to fletch and i'm at the weight limit where things drop due to lack of str the axe doesent fall on ground or go into back pack it simply disapears, 5 out of 5 times. Not a serious problem but seriously man... My Axe...

Oh one more thing, what the hell is up with the bank closing if you open anything but a sack or belt pouch. Dont think that happned before failed reboot while ago.

+Everybody check out "loosechange 2nd edition" if you google loosechange you will see imidietly. Best conspiracy theory ever and good documentary on 911.+

Well, again thank you for your time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:39 am 

nice link, thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:48 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

whoah nice heya Vic good to see you man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:19 pm 

Yes, hi CV :)

CV has clearly illustrated our stance on 'loopholes'... so here are a couple of common ones. Especially in response to Dracula's 'hint' :P

On Obsidian, even in a monster's own lair, you are not allowed to use pathing exploits. These would include, but are not limited to:

> Using a crate or similar object to prevent a monster's access to you whilst attacking it with a ranged weapon

> Using a guarded/town boundary that a monster will not cross/enter in order to attack it at range without it being able to reach you

> Exploiting the monster AI in other ways that prevent it being able to attack you. This (for example) would be targetting it and luring it into a building so that you can shoot it through the floor.

Punishments can range from a simple verbal warning to being .killed to having your relevant skill(s) - lowered depending on the severity of the offense or amount of previous warnings. If Jorus sees you then you are also likely to have your babies eaten.

However, it is very few individuals that decide to do this kind of thing, and we are generally very lenient for a first offense - but I thought I would explain it from my own experiences in PvM so that you know from the start.

Have fun, and happy hunting!

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]