It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 11:21 pm

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 70 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Thassius is leaving
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:22 pm 

OK this has been a long time coming. I'm sorry I've had enough now.

Yes im not perfect, I'm human. I've let me personal feelings and previous player experiences seep into my ingame and forum persona and I apologise for that and anyone that I may have offended along the way.

I have the UTMOST respect and friendship for Broadband, Cybervic and all the other good staff who have graced Obsidian over the years. This especially goes to Hydro who has been a kindred spirit in my progression towards staff since I first praised him after two weeks of being a noob!

I understand the tough decision to make me a GM (the first true appointed GM in some time) and I hope that my posting this so soon afterwards does not infer that I am ungrateful for this honour because nothing could be further from the truth. I WILL hope to come back to Obsidian but only if the player climate returns to how it once was and someone takes the stance of banning all the bad apples that have taken root on the shard.

I also have great love and respect for all the great players and the people behind those monitors that I have spoken to, been helped by, or helped, since I first logged into Cove graveyard.

Words cannot express the love, blood, sweat, and tears that have gone into making Obsidian what it is today. Most of you will never fathom quite how much and I am glad that I have been honoured enough to have a part of it.

Despite constant challenges to this fact from certain members of the playerbase, I DID work hard as a player and achieved status (particularly in PvP) that I was very proud of. I had a great many friends on the shard and the escapism this afforded me saw me through some difficult periods in my real life.

As staff I volunteered at a time when the forums were close to being shut down due to sheer chaos to sort them out, and worked closely alongside CV to develop the current moderator system that stands today. This is a great vessel for introducing new staff members into the game. As head forum moderator and forum admin I have spent more hours than most would consider healthy overseeing every aspect of the phpbb boards and ensuring they continue to flourish whilst retaining a positive light.

As ingame staff, despite a few months of less activity than I committed to the forums I have spent MANY hours as a very active counselor, a seer, before recently becoming GM. I hope that some of the players remember this.

HOWEVER I am quite frankly sick of the current attitudes within the game.

Broadband: You have always been a legendary figure to most of us in giving birth to such an important community. Of course it is just a game, but it is most definitely the game that I have most enjoyed and committed too the most ever since I first touched a computer. I wish you the best of luck in future and I would like to help collaborate perhaps on your new vision for dxgaming.

Cybervic: You have always been a great guy and committed alot of great work to making Obsidian a more interesting place. I know that real-life and other gaming-related commitments have taken your focus elsewhere from Obsidian of late, but I know that your contribution to the shards development cannot be questioned.

Hydro: You know I respect you and always have (since I joined the shard) as a reliable, honest and great staffmember and person. Thats all I need to say.

Ryne (Zaphod) I believe is an utter clown, and I hope that serious consideration will be given before appointing children as staff in future.

Echo: I have clashed with you at times but we share a strong passion about the shard. I think you are a great person, player and staff member and I am sure you will make a great GM some day.

Kinetic, the new mods, and all the other staff/moderators: I love you all, please continue to work hard and I hope that some of the standards I have upheld will continue as long as Obsidian still stands.

I've been with Obsidian for over 2 years now and I guess that era is now at an end. It seems that the majority of players I loved and worked to support the shard for are no longer the greater proportion of the shard, and the predominant vibes present in the playerbase are not compatible with me. I thought that being a GM would help change my perspective but becoming superactive once more has just given me a greater insight into the reality of the situation.

I've looked long and hard at my present life. My girlfriend, my friends, my job... why should I balance the time these deserve with Obsidian when the majority of the very people I am here to help with my FREE TIME direct nothing but abuse towards me!?

A special mention (with inclusive ribbon) goes to Ashes Relandi, for managing to be quite possibly one of the biggest twats I've ever encountered.

To all those that I have been friends with since I joined, to those few that care if I leave, I give you my thanks for being a part of the Obsidian shard that I loved and will always remember.

Take care,

GM Thassius.

PS. I thought if I ever wrote a leaving speech it would be better than this, but I hope that my true feelings are conveyed to those that mean most to me and that they do not hate me. I wish you all the best of luck in life, for you and your families.

PPS. I hope that I can continue to oversea the boards... and maybe one day return as game staff. I'm not turning my back on Obsidian completely... but I need to distance myself from the current environment because it isn't what the shard should be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:33 pm 

zzZZzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:34 pm 

Good luck Thassius!

I must say I've only ever seen you on the boards, but I guess you've got to make the decision that fits with your time!

If you're not able to come to the shard in the right frame of mind then I guess you're making the right decision!

all the best with getting things sorted out - if you come back then maybe I'll see you in game one day :)

Post subject: Re: Thassius is leaving
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:34 pm 

Quote:
A special mention (with inclusive ribbon) goes to Ashes Relandi, for managing to be quite possibly one of the biggest twats I've ever encountered.
I'm still waiting for my ribbon, and don't get mad at me because I said you're not the "best pvper" we've ever seen, because you're not. And I will stand by it to the death.

Quote:
Take care,
GM Thassius
I will take care GM Thassius, I will.

P.S - I would of taken a shot at you for not being in game, but I think Mannanan covered that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:36 pm 

i concur

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

"For Millions Of Years Mankind Lived Just Like The Animals, Then Something Happened Which Unleashed The Power Of Our Imagination, We Learned To Talk"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:43 pm 

and people wonder why I want to leave? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:46 pm 

:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:47 pm 

Quote:
You know we don't respond to everyone like this.

To be honest with you Thass, if you want our respect, stop talking about how you were so "great" on your player, and stop flaunting your powers, and maybe, do like hydro did, work behind the scenes. You don't need to remind us 24/7 that you are the f***** "top dog" and how you can own us.. cause TBH, I don't give a flying f***.

If you're quitting cause you're sick of how we "treat" you, then treat us differently maybe?

You've constantly told us about how great you were on your warrior, well we don't give a f***, you're staff, try telling us how great of a staff you've been.

Half these people didn't even know you were a seer because you didn't log in. You were all talk on the forums, but you did it well, cause you made it to GM.

I personally don't agree with you being a GM, but I also don't agree with you posting this shit fest flaming people when you're still a staff who "hopes to return" some day, this is hardly staff worthy actions.

Thanks again,

Player Ashes Relandi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:48 pm 

maybe these people were wondering if you were ever there?

You tend to tar everyone with the same brush

I CLEARLY said 'good luck'

I've tried to be civil to you in the few 'encounters' we've had - but I'm starting to wonder why I bother?

Seems some people didn't like the fact you weren't 'in game' very often - and it seems your solution is either to tell them that you 'WOULD' have killed them on your warrior, or just to get angry at them and then wonder why they don't respect you....

I'll give you 1 guess...

Thanks
Player Mannanan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:50 pm 
Yay!

Also, cocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:51 pm 

Quote:
Yay!

Also, cocks.
OMG Ryne #2 nice to see you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:52 pm 

Watch out now, that's 2x Ryne. That's 2x clown.

Post subject:
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Woist you crazy bastard come back to me baby!

Post subject:

Quote:
P.S - In the words of WarriorOfHell "Cry a bit" :cry:

(if you were in game you'd get it.... ouch SNAP SNAP)

I have now made all my constructive points, so will refrain from posting until Thassius responds, like we all know he will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:57 pm 
Quote:
Quote:
Yay!

Also, cocks.
OMG Ryne #2 nice to see you!
you mean the original Ryne. I > Bobo

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 70 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 Next