It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 1:16 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:33 am 
Hello, I have a few questions I am curious about:

1. Why was Emo banned from forums? I know he is an ass sometimes, but did he break the forum rules or something?

2. Is Thassius still GM, or has he left the game/forum? I read a thread about him leaving, but I still see him here. If so, what changed your mind? I also saw he wrote "game, set match Thassius" when banning someone. For what reason? Thats provacative, and he complain about people complaining?

3. What amount of critique is allowed on the forums, without the thread being a/ locked b/ banned from forum?

Best regards, Buddha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:01 am 

If you have a problem with any of my decisions PM BB, keep it off the board. I certainly won't allow venomous questioning of my judgement if you haven't had the maturity to speak to me first.

All of these points should be obvious.

1) Emo was banned for consistent misconduct on the forums over an extended period of time

2) What I said was NOT provocative. As far as I'm concerned keeping the shard free of dishonest/bug abusing players is a victory of sorts for both staff and the playerbase. If you disagree with this, then I don't think you understand Obsidian very well. My reasoning behind Maze not returning was explained on the thread, and I IP banned him from the forum because he was determined to create multiple accounts (again, against the rules!).

As for me leaving, I made it perfectly clear that I would still be overseeing the forums but NOT active ingame. I have logged on to the game twice in the past week, the primary reason for both was to help other staff (which was a pledge I made in the staff forum).

3) Constructive criticism is allowed, if you are unaware of what is not acceptable then I suggest you READ THE FORUM RULES.

Thanks.

In future, questions of this sort need to be sent to Broadband via PM - or perhaps you could have the decency and maturity to PM me personally? As per the forum rules, keep this shit off the boards.
Quote:
10) Unsolvable problems (including bannings) a participant has with a moderator, a Game Master, a Seer or a councellor are to be discussed with Broadband in a Private Message;

Faliure to comply to any of these rules may have your post/tread moved or deleted, your post count altered downward, your account and/or IP name temporarly or permanantly banned.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]