Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 90 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

What race is your PvP charactor?
Human  38%  [ 10 ]
Vampire  62%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:10 pm 

word... needs a mage to pvps.. and everone with cojones likse to start with warriors at the beginning.. the wuzzes like mages... so thats why there are alot of crybabies left standing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:11 pm 

I personally prefer to pvp on a warrior, but I know that the system will always disfavour the human warrior no matter what.

Vlad Smithy [GM Smith, GM Miner]
Lars Turms [GM Alchemist, GM Tamer]

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by vlad on Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:13 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
Quote:
word... needs a mage to pvps.. and everone with cojones likse to start with warriors at the beginning.. the wuzzes like mages... so thats why there are alot of crybabies left standing.
well take it from judas his self he has gm warrior and gm mage, he's not lieing , you do need to have a mage to pvp well, that is just well known,
that's why i want it to be a even playing feild :(

Is this the one that I JUST gave you?
I didn’t give you this to sell, I gave you this because I wanted to help you hunt, gain skills, and hopefully some day you would be getting your own You begged me for this, and then you turn around and sell it?
Quote:
woops wrong number its a +5 and no the one u gave me im keeping
sub zero- The SnowMan
interceptor- frost warrior
DK- pvm in training
chips- Lord of the Sea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:15 pm 

it's killing me to have to agree with u guys... killing me....

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:47 pm 

yeah listen to judas.. lol.. he only agrees with intelligent ppl like me and sub.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:20 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
ok like usual you guys all mistook my meaning. I'm looking at the bigger issue here. If we change it for one race we are going to need to change it for all the races. My opinion is going to be extreamly biased obviously. however I dont think giveing humans a hundred extra skill is going to solve anything. Its just going to make what we have not special anymore. and yes Sub I was inactive for about a year and don't train all the time omg maybe I have more of a life? yeah it takes alot of time to train here thats part of the appeal to the players who stay. I'm not really pvp oriented im more concerned how this will effect the crafting community. so yeah you can talk shit all ya want Sub I dont care I know my limitations and live with them find some new insults lil boy these ones are getting old.

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:05 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Did i mention i have a high skill cap? :roll:

But just so you know i was still cool before i was trained up :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:15 am 

I dont see why ppl are gripeing over vets geting bonus on skill cap and being able to use races. If you where here when it was done or donated alot of time and effort into a shard for years and years you wouldnt want some sort of reward? Without vets this shard wouldnt still exist if there isnt people to keep things going then it just dies out. But thanks to great people that have a passion for this game it lives on.

SirMixAlot Alch and Bowcraft

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:38 am 

I'm more active than most people here... I have 1 year of shard and I have many characters, more than the usual fellow that may have been around for more years. But my choice was taken away. I only found out my human warrior had disadvantage to the vamp ones after like 1 month playing. It doesn't matter how hard I work, it'll always be inferior. Why? Because I wasn't around 1 month before things changed. Fair? I think not.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:20 am 

maybe you should wait Broadband never said he was taking races out for good, he just isnt going to add them again till they are balanced and bug free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:48 am 

for sure...

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:49 am 

Quote:
maybe you should wait Broadband never said he was taking races out for good, he just isnt going to add them again till they are balanced and bug free.
Exactly :)

As for adding 100 points to humans, this is not a solution as it will unbalance mages. This is exactly why Vampires were capped at 30 magery, and other races more suitable to casting (such as warlock) had armour restrictions etc.

The only solution I can see that will fix the gulf between human players and races is to have the races fixed and reintroduced. If, how, and when this occurs is up to Broadband. Simply adding 100 skill points to humans to benefit warriors will unbalance mages etc.

The only other (perhaps intermediate) solution I can think of is if it can be scripted for a human character to gain 100 skill points and a cap of 30 to magery, perhaps via an item or other means? This would at least fix your concerns about warriors.

I'll suggest this perhaps... im not even sure its possible...but check my thread and send ideas to me in PM!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:44 am 

Quote:

The only other (perhaps intermediate) solution I can think of is if it can be scripted for a human character to gain 100 skill points and a cap of 30 to magery, perhaps via an item or other means? This would at least fix your concerns about warriors.
no that would only totaly eliminate all human mages from the shard, witch is plain stupid, i Didn't say this can't benifit mages, mages can use the skill also!
I just said take the cap away from the races and than add 100 skills to human to make them all the same, the difference between the races would diminish and for the people who have vamp or warlock characters still have there race stone witch is a huge advantage for vamps by its self so vets still get there rewards but this would alow noobs to accually be able to stand somewhat up to a normal warrior, this would also even out tanks

and to dedo, I have a life and wasn't taking a crack at yours lmao, I have a perfectly normal life and don't sit on obsid all day :roll: just because i have somewhat of decent characters doesn't mean i have no life LOl if i had no life i woulda been rich a long while ago. and for the jokes part, don't even think of complaining because I AM 100% sure i get that same lame ass omg sit down young child thing WAY more than you ever got hey u went inactive so stfu and sit down my crafters are still better than yours and this wouldn't really effect your crafting world wtf are you moaning about it might help tamers and thats about it woop dee doo you have no right what so ever to complain.

I didn’t give you this to sell, I gave you this because I wanted to help you hunt, gain skills, and hopefully some day you would be getting your own You begged me for this, and then you turn around and sell it?
Quote:
sub zero- The SnowMan
DK- pvm in training
chips- Lord of the Sea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:26 am 

I would rather wait for BB to bring races back then to have things changed.
We all know that when stuff that isnt broken gets "fixed" to balance things out, we end up with more problems then what we started with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:45 am 

this is just ment to be a hold over until a patch That MIGHT fix races, this won't cause any bugs seeing its just changing a few numbers and a few values, no change in accual spells witch usually cause bugs (problems)
and obsid is about change, id say give it a try but its just me, i do good either way i'm just trying to help others and make sure things are fair for them instead of just waiting around on something that might happen, it's not like this can't be removed or undone without any probs....

Quote:
sub zero- The SnowMan
DK- pvm in training
chips- Lord of the Sea

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 90 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next