It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:40 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next

Do you think this human option is a good idea?
Poll ended at Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:20 pm
yes  54%  [ 13 ]
no  46%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject: Human warrior stone
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:20 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
I thass had a great idea of making a stone or something players could use to make there magery only cap to 30, for an extra 100 stat cap.

Then I could make my warrior mayhem have archery, anatomy(60), mace, tactics, poisoning, tactics, and healing, and magic resistance.

The biggest thing from stopping me from making a pure warrior is the fact there never going to be as good as vamps. If we did have this option, our only envy would be there cool skin hue.

the racial abilities are a decent trade off for humans ability to train anything, and start off at 50% for 2 skills. The vamps ability to use invisibilty in a way kind of nulls them from wanting to train stealth, there blood is kinda good as a last result. and bersek is good for pvm against hard hitting monsters, and also for pvp agains hard hitting inacurate chars.

I'm not going to really persist this though. Im happy non the less if it doesnt happen. I'm sure the staff is busy enough doing patches and other sorts. thanks for atleast hearing the folk of obsidian out on this issue. Now I will use the knife to spill my satanic blood on the altar. cheers.

Krieg- Pure Mage
Morbid- Black Knight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:38 am 

Hehe, thanks but there is really no need to vote on the issue now! It was just an idea, I haven't even had a chance to suggest it to admin :)

It's clear that the skill gap is a big factor between human and vampire warriors... so of course levelling the playing field would help (if this is easier to implement before races are fixed).

However, as I said before:
Quote:
Whether this is even possible, practical, easy to implement or indeed acceptable as an intermediate solution is entirely up to Broadband.
Thankyou.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:03 am 

true true, I was also thinking this post should be in bugs n suggestions, not dicsuction. eh and i dont mean any pressure i was curious to see how many folk feel the way I do, and how many dont. i might gve a little insite as to if its as much as a problem or really just a fe w players pissed cause there getting owned by vamps.

thanks thass.

Krieg- Pure Mage
Morbid- Black Knight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:50 am 

I dunno about this gap anyway.. Fight a human who can cast protection, reactive armor on himself and wear armor and tell me vampires have a giant advantage.. It is NOT all THAT big..

Lysol-former
Maximus-former
Dracula-former
Kuka
Bl8dinc4K3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:27 am 

I would rather see races re-instated TBH but if this is the only other alternative i say go for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:26 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

its a bad idea and there are so many caps and restrictions on races
giving a human extra skill points would completely ruin everything.

it doesnt matter what race you are or what race you are fighting they are all balanced and have their advantages and disadvantages. humans may not have as many points but they can train anything to gm and use or wear anything in the game.

the fact that vamps arent available right now screws people who want warriors, but still doesnt make humans underpowered, they are balanced, they just dont make as good pure warriors. changing humans in any way would totally overpower them and make every race character on the shard a piece of shit worthless character in comparison.

i understand the frustrations really and it is time for races to be reinstated thats for sure it has been long enough and staff should let our admin know this needs to be taken care of if nothing else asap.

Broadband does enough for us by just running this server obsi has to be the longest running free shard if not at least longest w/o a world wipe. i think blinkers would be able to do this job for him after a short chat with Broadband about what needs to be done and how to do it.

i know after 6 years it is hard to free up personal time especially with some of the shit people have gave staff over the years, but i also know obsi is still in Broadbands heart or it would not be here, upper staff need to make a plan and present it in an organized fashion to Broadband so we can make races happen again.

i know you guys just want to set things right but the fact is i havent seen many of you post that have any clue about just how many differences there are between races and humans, it cannot be tweaked/fixed, races have to come back, there is no other way except for countless hours of coding maybe . even then something will be left out and someone will be still getting screwed.

if i were new here i would make a human pvp mage and wait until races came back to choose a warrior.

for those who have fully gmed human warriors how hard is it you are gonna need the heal resist and poisoning on a mage anyway just turn your warrior into a good mage the other skills werent hard to gain to begin with so no big deal losing them. honestly until you have trained magery and med you really havent done shit anyway.

you could become a tank mage and turn into a pure mage later on when you get gm magery to ease the process.

there is only one real solution and that is to bring back races.

hope i didnt piss anyone off, just trying to inform.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:38 am 

Drizzt hit the nail right on the head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:45 am 

Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
Thank you for presenting my thoughts in a well organized fashion Drizzt :D

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:53 am 

drizzt speaks the truth, maybe a human otion stone is a bad idea.

Krieg- Pure Mage
Morbid- Black Knight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:57 am 

my argument is more against changing humans at all. the 30 magery thing is at least someone trying to set things right but that is kinda like inventing a new race isnt it?

and they would still be inferior to vamp warriors it seems to me that is just inviting a whole new set of potential problems when bringing races back could fix everything.

fact is races is the coolest thing ever and we really need them they make this shard what it is to a lot of players, it is not worth losing races just to remove a few bugs i know necromancy is messed up atm but that was already disabled and we still had races, so was enchant and for that matter most anyone can tell you how to fix permas but im sure we dont need to and it is disabled anyway so that cant be the problem.

a lot of the races were really underpowered if anything, vamp warriors just happened to be the perfect balance vs a human pvp mage, we really need them back, not just another temp fix.

all that needs to be done is to make a portal in the tutorial or something that goes to the race stone. that is really the only thing stopping races.

i know you can do everything it takes to bring races back on your own thass, you just need to get permission from Broadband. last time i checked it is not a coding issue at all as they are still in the game, you just cant get to the race stone and a gm can make that happen easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:19 am 

yes thass please can you do that, I'd love to make a vamp warrior, and all the other races, you can keep necro disabled, and whatnot, but races were the coolest thing about this shard, i want to so badly make a frost elf, and id love to make my up and comming crafter a wood elf. and my warrior a vamp.

Krieg- Pure Mage
Morbid- Black Knight

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:42 am 

Please please please before anyone comments on what I've said again - read it thoroughly.

I've not said anything about unbalancing humans, or ruining mages, or anything to that effect. In fact I've made it extremely clear from the word go that my idea has nothing to do with that Drizzt.

My idea, and this is it in its entirety:

It may be easier (ie happen quicker) to allow humans to 'opt-in' (via scripted item or other method) to a Vampire-like skill system. This would give them a +100 limit and a 30 cap on magery.

> humans would only get the +100 cap with a 30 cap on magery, like a vamp
> this was suggested as a possible solution for pure warrior humans only
> this is not creating a new race, merely allowing human warriors to train the same skills as vampires BY OPTING IN
> other humans would be completely unaffected

Naturally, as I've said before - this may not be practical. It is also obvious to say that the 'best' option would be to have Vampires back in the game... but I'm not sure how easy this would be.

I WANT RACES BACK AS MUCH AS EVERYONE. HOWEVER, IF THIS ISN'T GONNA HAPPEN, THE ABOVE IS THE ONLY WAY THAT A HUMAN WARRIOR CAN EVER COME CLOSE TO A VAMPIRE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:02 am 

I have a vamp warrior. And at one point I could cast prot and reative armor on myself.(Scrolls ppl)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:05 am 

well yeah and u can use fish too ....

its not the same as a gm mage spell though...

Lysol-former
Maximus-former
Dracula-former
Kuka
Bl8dinc4K3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:08 am 

well i hope something happens. it be nice to have a pure warrior that was good.

Krieg- Pure Mage
Morbid- Black Knight

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next