It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:23 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 72 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:11 am 

Quote:
Noob or no when I'm out on my pker I kill on site. I shy away from killing crafters but other than that if i see you in a dungeon and you are not alied to my pk's guild you die, the end. wether i loot you or not usually depends on your additude. You guys have it easy here. It has been said by me and others many times that the chances of going back to town bare-assed have greatly decreased lately. From the time i stopped poofing i have been killed and looted many, many times. Trust me it seems like a piss off at first but the more you get pked the better you will get at pvp, and there is no better feeling than finally killing and looting the same player that owned you hard so many times b4. Thats what makes this game what it is. If all you did was hunt and buy s*** it would get boring awfully fast.
Woot :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:21 am 

lol Ok good point Belgarion, it would not be any fun if there were no risks in the game. But, I am not complaining about PKers I have issues with Pking but it is not the topic. We need some help getting back on track, so I will give an example:

There are dragons attacking outside cove gates (it is an event supervised by seers) and a mean dragon bites your head off, sh!tty huh? But oh well thats the game, you run to res and when you come back your poor battered corpse is naked as the day your born, you have been cut up and you have a suspicion that someone has sexually assaulted your horse. Now this is both an event and in cove territory, you are supposed to be protected from those things, and yet it still happened. Are you not angry? Now you have to PM the staff to try to retrieve your things which you may not get back, it is not only a hassle for yourself but for the staff as well. PKing is different, if you PK someone you have earned what you loot, but not in this case, I say that the dragon who bit your head off has earned it not scavengers.

Back on topic, I am getting irritated.

But its still fun to watch them
fall down the stairs.
-------------------------------------------------------
Whisper Hunter- Tank-Mage (sort of lmao!)(GWAR)
Saga Hellfire- GM Tamer (TLC)
Raine- GM Macefighter (KoDR)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:28 am 

Quote:
lol Ok good point Belgarion, it would not be any fun if there were no risks in the game. But, I am not complaining about PKers I have issues with Pking but it is not the topic. We need some help getting back on track, so I will give an example:

There are dragons attacking outside cove gates (it is an event supervised by seers) and a mean dragon bites your head off, sh!tty huh? But oh well thats the game, you run to res and when you come back your poor battered corpse is naked as the day your born, you have been cut up and you have a suspicion that someone has sexually assaulted your horse. Now this is both an event and in cove territory, you are supposed to be protected from those things, and yet it still happened. Are you not angry? Now you have to PM the staff to try to retrieve your things which you may not get back, it is not only a hassle for yourself but for the staff as well. PKing is different, if you PK someone you have earned what you loot, but not in this case, I say that the dragon who bit your head off has earned it not scavengers.

Back on topic, I am getting irritated.
Yeah looting in events is gay but i think that has alot to do with noob events. Older players know that that stuff won't fly and really when you are an older player a set of verite or w/e means nothing to you because you usually have 4 sets at home already. I think they just need to be shown that it won't be tolerated and punished if they won't listen. Most will turn around when they realize staff won't stand for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:32 am 

I just need to get ingame more and knock some heads together :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:35 am 

Quote:
I just need to get ingame more and knock some heads together :twisted:

Right on Thass, do I get to join too! At the very least let me watch as you kick thier a$$es :twisted:

fall down the stairs.

Last edited by raine2004 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:35 am 

That would help too lol. Might release some air out of it. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:50 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
"hello good sir"
"hi"
"do you happen to be a noob?"
"yeah..."
"well good day then"
"phew...."

rotflmao

when i was a noob i remember walking outside of cove into the waiting group of pk's right outside the gates... I learned my lesson real fast....DON'T LEAVE COVE until you have some idea about the game...

and yes looting in events is lame, and nobody is really sure where all of "cove territory" is. some have said that lil picture with the red line that somebody posted a while ago and some say when .where stops saying cove....so no pk-ing in these areas is hard to define. also you get the runners who run to cove territory and then complain about being pk'd in cove after they started crap somewhere else...

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:54 am 

Quote:
"hello good sir"
"hi"
"do you happen to be a noob?"
"yeah..."
"well good day then"
"phew...."

rotflmao

when i was a noob i remember walking outside of cove into the waiting group of pk's right outside the gates... I learned my lesson real fast....DON'T LEAVE COVE until you have some idea about the game...

and yes looting in events is lame, and nobody is really sure where all of "cove territory" is. some have said that lil picture with the red line that somebody posted a while ago and some say when .where stops saying cove....so no pk-ing in these areas is hard to define. also you get the runners who run to cove territory and then complain about being pk'd in cove after they started crap somewhere else...
I go by the .where that way you know you are safe. A good rule would be what Echo said a while ago, "If you have to think about wether or not it is legal, it probably isn't."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:26 am 

The point of this thread is the looting of characters during events. Yes it is noob characters who are doing this and they must learn to follow the rules. It is interesting to note that in most instances, when someone is looted at these events that their body is cut. Is it that someone is using indiscriminate looting methods or are they just having a good time slashing? Someone has to teach them that during events such as monster bashes that they are a team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:28 am 

Thankyou Belgarion, you have summed it up well:) If you are not sure dont do it.

Now since we cannot stop talking about PKs- what is legal, what is not and what should be, I will do what I didnt really want to do. In five minutes there will be a new posting under obsidian discussion, it will give you all a chance to discuss it there. This thread was posted in the hopes of getting constructive criticism about looting in forbidden areas, not about how noobs are wimps or how PKers are evil bastards. Please go to the new thread if you want to discuss that.:)

Thankyou

fall down the stairs.

Last edited by raine2004 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:29 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

.where isn't the best way to go, because all the way up to Hind Meadow and some is cove and so is the Covetous dungeon.

I would say just past the Graveyard and just before the little fort south west of Hind Meadow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:31 am 

i think i have found the perfect solution for this. How about some vets go and supervise the events, and if they see a noob doing this, kill them and loot their bodies and give it to the other noob that was looted lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:35 am 

Good idea Chaos-Mage except that the ones that I have seen offending are still poofers. Staff have been reminding them in interesting ways of the rules. Let's see if they learn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:39 am 

Tee Hee I like the idea Chaos, however.... I was once told by a wonderful staff member that "two wrongs dont make a right." to which I responded "if two wrongs dont make a right then I can do it again and then it will be right" didnt work all I got was "There are no loopholes"

But good idea all the same:)

fall down the stairs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:42 am 

Quote:
Tee Hee I like the idea Chaos, however.... I was once told by a wonderful staff member that "two wrongs dont make a right." to which I responded "if two wrongs dont make a right then I can do it again and then it will be right" didnt work all I got was "There are no loopholes"

But good idea all the same:)
Hehehe, kinda true, but is not really wrong we would just be giving the noob back his stuff hehe, plus a lil "offering" from the other one. Trust i dont think they would do it again, unless they like to be looted for looting in events.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 72 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next