It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 10:14 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 60 of 131   [ 1965 posts ]
Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 62131 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:28 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
Nah Thass, he wouldnt mind if gay ppl tried to touch him- just not gay emo ppl. I gotta say Ima little upset.... I never had a gay emo man try to touch ME, what makes thorfin so special? :cry: Oh wait Ima girl so a gay emo man wouldnt want to touch me lol ok now Im happy again :P
that means u never was on a huge party...i have nothing against gays ok u r gay thats ur life but in many cases they r f****** annoying and stubborn even if u tell em to gtfo, they r still around u
and i dont give a flying f*** if they r emo or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:53 pm 

lol, I agree with Ashes, I don't get the whole 'Emo stereotype' thing.

Back in the day, the crowd that I used to hang / play guitar with were the first breed of fans of the newer wave of melodic/guitar music or "Emo" that emerged at the turn of the century. Our group was anything but the camp, make-up wearing stereotype people refer to. The roots came more from metal and hardcore punk.

It was only when the 'scene' became diluted by MTV and the skater / pop punk 'kiddies' that this element of 'emo' fans began to emerge.

For me, bands like Finch, Hundred Reasons, Glassjaw, and even FFAF shaped 'Emo' into what it is today between 2000-2004. Long before cheese like 'My Chemical Romance' came along. There are many bands that are credited with being the 'first' emo bands in the 80's, but the above are really the kind of bands that started the new wave at the turn of the century.

For me, Emo incorporates post-hardcore energy (AFI, Hundred Reasons) with emotional lyrics and vocals (eg Glassjaw) combined with a great sense of melody (Finch) and technical metal guitar (Funeral for a Friend). However the beauty of 'Emo' as a genre is that it is so ambiguous, and I dare say that Ashes or anyone else here might have a different set of bands that they began listening to around that time.

I just remember being at gigs for the above bands, and the crowd was predominantly more mature and genuine than the current 'emo' gig might be. I think the issue is that it has become a fashion. Fashion breeds unoriginality, and unoriginality breeds stereotype. Ignorance fuels stereotypes to produce what is seen as the 'typical' emo kid today... whereas in reality, 'Emo' began within hardcore punk and metal which was anything but a 'soft' music scene.

Ah well, just my view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:56 pm 

OMG! Thass you sound so damn old "Back in the day..." how old are you? I think your younger than me actually lol.
Anyhow, now that you made me feel old :( I will say that I dont judge a person as emo by thier fashion style or their choice in music- altho My Chemical Romance is sexy :P I judge more by thier personality than anything.
And that pic of Ambient did not remind me of a emo person in any way shape or form. If you judge a person as emo by thier fashion sense like some do then no that was not emo- a emo wouldnt be caught dead looking that way. A person who choses to look "emo" is very aware of the way they look, and I think they take pride in it. Jimmy was right- that pic just screamed "OMG save me Ima dying of a drug overdose"
When you talk about a band being emo you talk about the type of music- but dont call someone emo because of the way they look, unless of course they have "I am emo" tattooed across their forehead. Emo is a personality choice nothing more. But yes ppl do stereotype emos too much, I think that you will find that not many of them actually cut themselves with broken pieces of lightbulbs, and they probably dont try to commit suicide everyother day. They probably dont sit in thier room alone crying while writing retarded suicide notes in the form of badly written poems. And you will find that they are happier than you think. If you judge by a stereotype then 99% of the time you are gonna be wrong.

like thass said, its just my views so dont jump all over me ashes.

Oh Thorfin, I was just pi$$ing around, I didnt mean any offence- but what is with men? If a woman hits on me I just brush it off, what does it matter? Most women will just brush off unwanted attention from the same sex.... what is with men getting all macho? Brush it off! Just think of it as a ugly woman hitting on you at the bar, do you turn around and punch her in the face? No you politely decline or ignore her completely.

But its still fun to watch them
fall down the stairs.
-------------------------------------------------------
Whisper Hunter- Tank-Mage (sort of lmao!)(GWAR)
Saga Hellfire- GM Tamer (TLC)
Raine- GM Macefighter (KoDR)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:40 pm 

yes and im polite if she/he just walks away, but if she/he is still trying something with me/still talking to me im getting pissed, like anyone would. for me saying ''no'' means no and the other person should understand it, but if she/he doesnt get it its just getting worser and worser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:11 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
ashes is so emo LOOLZ!
dummies :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:56 pm 

lol, I'm not that old! I'm just saying 'back in the day' because it's strange to look back and think that I started listening to those kinds of bands back in 2000. That was after my classic rock phase, and my grunge phase, and my punk phase, and... you get the idea.

I just find it interesting that stereotypes now revolve around image. To quote,
"It used to be about the music, man".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:03 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: redraven799
Steriotypes are lame, always have been. In high school I was called "freak". I'm not really sure why, I don't have any strange marking or appendages and I behave relatively normalish.

I still don't understand the Emo thing. I know a lot of people that call themselves "emo" that have nothing in common with each other.

But, I have noticed that whiny people often refer to themselves as emo. yes? no?

Lumbie - I've got wood! [ACME]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:34 pm 

Website: http://www.facebook.com/editbadge.php?bid=2100#/profile.php?id=515737718&ref=profile
quote:Long before cheese like 'My Chemical Romance' ...dont biachhhh lol i <3 some songs!!!
wen i think ov what an emo is i think ov music like other people have said n i think from what people see the bands wear (clothes) they copy and thus creating emo band= an emo look like there is with lots ov fasion icons n all the rest ov it ...then... i also heard that because lyrics in most "emo" songs have a sad edge 2 it people thought they were "emo"tional songs and emotional people (this is what i heard) and then i heard that "scene" people were people who were in 2 "emo" music and image style but not emotional people in themselfs... and i think some people see being emotional as a weekness...and see it being all depressed n wanting 2 self harm ect...so thats were i guessed the whole lifestle "emo"meaning come from.
I try not put my self or other people in a catagory like a breed ov animal u look how u wanna look were wtf u want...but i also think what people tell me or what people tell you i/u choose 2 belive because we know no different...so when i see some 1 dressed in a way goth, emo, chav ... chavs r c****! I dont no 1 decent chav but any way wen i refere 2 some one i would say something words like they were emo,chav ect but i just c it as fashion nothing else ...some fukers great idea 2 make money from a different clothing line! Look at what some celeb people wear ...ugly as sin but because famous people wear it its "cool" and one thing leads 2 another blah blah blah...stfu :lol: xkissesx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:14 am 

lol... I wasn't so much saying that MCR were a rubbish band :)

I was just saying that they are a classical example of when 'MTV does Emo'. High budget videos, radio-friendly production... its all just a little to shiny for me. It's nice when you follow a band from their beginnings until they earn their way into the 'mainstream' after years of hard work. For me, MCR kinda just 'appeared'.

I also agree that its weird that Emo has become both a fashion, a lyrical style, AND a musical style. And its strange that people who follow one style may not necessarily have anything in common with others. (for instance you may find an 'emo' dresser (straightened side-combed hair style, studded belt, wristbands, oldskool trainers, tight jeans) that has nothing in common with a screamo fan, who actually dresses like a metaller.

I also agree that chavs suck. They are the plague on the UK. We get enough of them in our shop, and I take best pleasure in telling them where off to f***.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:33 am 

Ok, this was like April..
I was in Sofia, Bulgaria.. I won a scolarship and I went there as a rapresentant of the Italian Delegation..

We did a kind of simulation of the European Parliament, and students from all over Europe were there, so I got to meet a lot of ppl, and obviously nice girls =)

There's me, Second from Left

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:05 am 

me in Athens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:53 am 

terek that guy on the right LOOKS WELL EMO:o:o:o:o:o OMGZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:53 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

cool pic terek, you too thorfin wow id like to go there.

gays are disobeying god so they're gonna burn sad but true i know some are nice people but it dont matter they are still not doing right by christ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:30 am 

Thorf you look like a buddy of mine irl ehe..

and uhh ... everyone else's posts were either too long or the picture was too gay (i.e tereks)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:38 am 

Quote:
Thorf you look like a buddy of mine irl ehe..

and uhh ... everyone else's posts were either too long or the picture was too gay (i.e tereks)
Hey Candy Man

Remember I still owe you that tooth paste and that Gift Card for a Free Tooth Cleaning at the veterinary...

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 60 of 131   [ 1965 posts ]
Go to page Previous 158 59 60 61 62131 Next