Do you think we need more active staff?
Yes  59%  [ 20 ]
No  41%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 34
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:36 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: redraven799
Quote:
We need staff before we need anything else.
How bout a game that isn't broken? That would be the ideal first step.

Lumbie - I've got wood! [ACME]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:37 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Before anything wot else?!

Your initial question is flawed already, because there're staff ONLINE
ALMOST ALWAYS. If they don't respond to you, means you shouldn't be
paging in the first place (with the crap you do, that is).

And what's this about me not posting? Are you afraid of what I say is
truth? What's the point of this poll altogether at all anyway..

Ppl talking shit in IRC? Wot in teh fcuk?! How about they try to talk in the
chan that's initially meant for obsi talk - that is #obsidian (as Thassius
intended). You traverse into #offtopic - expect to be treated as if "offtopic".

Now about MORE STAFF?? What will they be changing exactly?? We need
1 (ONE) scripter.. That's it.

There were tons of same such post already, stop demoralising ppl
already, "Apocalypse".

Sheesh..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:42 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
You always get to serious about this shit, I'm not the only one who wants your dick. Try to calm down bud, get back to your hole in irc. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:45 pm 

I'm not the one to go around starting stupid threads all around forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:28 pm 

Even if this thread is abit on the repeat/useless side.
I'm going to let it run alittle longer, because every now and then a new
fresh idea comes out of pointless threads. As long as you watch what
you say!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:07 pm 

Wow this is the kind of thread that irritates me, not only is the topic a huge repeat of crap we've already heard but the replies are all repeates of more crap that we've already heard- its all starting to wear a bit thin dont you think? So since I like to follow the crowd Im gonna repeat crap Ive said a million times.

1. Just because you dont see staff prancing around saying "WEEEE! Look at me!" that doesnt mean that they arent ingame invis somewhere- have you never had the message in your journal come up that says "You see: GM Echo" or whoever but you didnt actually see them pop up ingame or they arent listed in the server status?
2. The seers can do just about everything in the way of events that GMs can do, they just cant make huge quests like the GMs, or boat battles and stuff like that.
3. Yes it seems as tho the player base is growing, and yes I would like to see more events however even when there are quite a few ppl ingame and staff call events most players either have no interest in the event or they are too busy with what they are doing to go so what you end up with is a waste of time. Show more interest when the events are taking place and maybe the staff would do them more.
4. God Im bored with this subject already!
5. The game has bugs, sure I understand that but then so does every game. Ever play the actual Ultima games? They were buggier than hell, but they are totally awesome! Ive played other shards when I take a break from Obs and they suck! Everyone I tried totally sucked, I played one where you start out a GM in 12 different skills and they give you everything you can ever want right from the begining- but whats the point in the game? Not only is it boring but if you are at maximum weight on your char and maximum weight in your bank account then how the hell do you do anything? Obs is by far the best made shard Ive found yet.
6. You can b*tch about BB not being around all you want, but what the hell do you expect when the only thing ppl have to say about him and his creation is garbage? Try posting useful things in the forum instead of bashing him and the game, why would he want to do anything with a game that it seems like no matter what he does its not gonna be good enough anyhow? And OMG his ears must burn with all of you talking about him constantly!
7. yeah Im almost done.
8. Just remember that the staff, admin and scripters have jobs, school, wives, children- lives! They cant be around all the time to amuse you, so try making your own fun. A few player run events once in a while wouldnt hurt and maybe some guild hunts or whatever. The only really active guilds I see right now is the ones where the only guild hunts they go on is when they are hunting members of other guilds- which can be fun so keep it up but I think the PVM guilds need to get more active.
I know Im gonna be ripped to shreads so go right ahead and do it- I just felt a bit left out and wanted to say things that we already know like the rest of ya. My two cents, my opinion thats all.

But its still fun to watch them
fall down the stairs.
-------------------------------------------------------
Whisper Hunter- Tank-Mage (sort of lmao!)(GWAR)
Saga Hellfire- GM Tamer (TLC)
Raine- GM Macefighter (KoDR)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:53 pm 

Quote:
Wow this is the kind of thread that irritates me, not only is the topic a huge repeat of crap we've already heard but the replies are all repeates of more crap that we've already heard- its all starting to wear a bit thin dont you think? So since I like to follow the crowd Im gonna repeat crap Ive said a million times.

Welcome to Obsidian forums. If it werent forppl bitching about the same tired shit they would have nothing to talk about. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:17 pm 

I say just make me a gm.... Im bilingual Im smart and I got game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:52 pm 

OK.

There are events held on obsidian, admitedly not enough. We should really ask why. Ok....Why aren't there many events?

Good question. I find events are held in bursts. We will see alot one week but none for a month after that. This may because the staff members holding them are not motivated as much to hold them.

Aleks, Why is that?

Another good question. Depending on the time of day, it takes begging and multiple world messages to attract enough players to make a good event viable. Some people may be macroing or taming or hunting or whatever at the time and just may be too busy to attend an impromptu event. This impromptu event thing is also a reason why events may not be huge successes.

How often have you seen this sequence of world pages?:
Meet at brit bank for FFA in 10 min.
FFA in 5 min at Brit bank get your friends
Last call for FFA the more people the better the prize
Need 3 more players for FFA
Reds page for FFA

C'mon gimme a break!

But Aleks, what else can a GM do to make events more successful?!? They provide the place and time and even pretty cool prizes, what else do you need?!?!?

BINGO! That is what I was waiting for.

Timezones.....training.....real life.....work.....hunting......Trolling forums.
these are all examples of barriers. Ask any successful business person what makes them successful and they will say: stay organised, make a plan and stick to it. Simply put, the staff of Obsidian need to get together each week and create a plan for the next week.

they can look at their irl schedules and work around them to create a schedule for obsidian events. Once the week is planned post it in a new section of the forums: OBSIDIAN EVENT SCHEDULE

With the events preplanned, obsidianites can be prepared for the events they choose to participate in. For some special events, this will help build better rivalries and enthusiasm. Such as loot battles at buccs den and Guild based conquest and boat battles. Scavenger hunts. Even a beauty pageant once in a while will get those lazy Tailors going a week in advance.

Such a simple thing. Make a calander.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:20 am 

heh, last time i was on a event at haven about 1-2 month ago. Thanks to a (I think) new staff holding it. The Event never started cos (not mention any names) players was bitching so much about they wasnt picked into the other team than the one the captain picked them into. not a big fuzz just thought it was immature and rly boring. havnt seen that staff member since either... :roll:

I game on Ubuntu!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:31 am 

:D

Yesterday's Team FFA Rocked!!

TY echo and drakkar :D

And blinkers for exploding and eq'ing everyone 1000 times. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:03 am 

f*** the events, f*** seers, f*** GM f*** everything...

Not MENT TO BE DISRISPECTFULL TO STAFF...

BUT ALL WE NEED IS A f****** SCRIPTER... SIMPLE AS

SCRIPTER...

SCRIPTER..

SCRIPTER..

Do you get that? Simple as..

WE WON'T GET PLAYER BASE IF EVERYTHING THAT HAS TO BE FIXED AIN'T FIXED..

U CAN VOTE ALL THE HECK U WANT, BUT WHEN PPL COME HERE AND SEE HOW BUGGED IS THE SHARD THEY LEAVE IN NO TIME..

YES WE HAD 100+ PLAYERS ONLINE, BUT THEY HAD A REASON TO STAY ON, AND WERE STIMULATED NOT BY STAFF OR EVENTS BUT BY THE GAMEPLAY WHICH WAS PLEASANT AND EVENTUALLY BUGFREE CAUSE OF THE CONSTANT ACTIVITY OF HIGHER STAFF..

I CAN TELL, BACK IN THE DAYS I COULD SEE CV, BB OR JORUS EVERY 1-2 DAYS AND NOTH MONTHS.

AND I KNOW STAFF HAS LIFE ECC ECC...

BUT... SOME STAFF LIKES PLAYING WOW, SOMEBODY ELSE LIKES PLAYING XBOX LIVE AND DON'T GIVE A FLYING f*** ABOUT THE SHARD (TALKING ABOUT HIGHER STAFF WHO MOST OF YOU THINK THEY ARE BUSY WITH THEIR WORK, BUT THEY ACTUALLY ARE NOT.)...

SO STOP MOANING...

WAIT FOR BUGS TO GET FIXED (NEVER GONNA HAPPEN)
OR QUIT
OR SIMPLY SHUT THE f*** UP.

peace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:02 am 

I don't play World Of Wimps!
But I do like UT2k4!
Can't wait untill UT3 comes out!

And Alek, making plays a week ahead doesn't work.
Most staff don't want to do that because its hard to know what
might come up irl and I for one don't want to say I am going to hold
a event next Saturday and something come up that makes me not be
able to make it. Just like this last weekend. I got off work Saturday night and the boss said "Go home get the kids ready and we will go stend a few
days at the lake house." So with no plans I packed up the family at 11:00PM at night and we went and stayed at the lake for 3 days. After summer is over then maybe we can plan ahead. Because then we know
we have to be home (or I do) so the kids can get to school. I just don't spend all my free time on the pc at summer time. Just like right now,
I am trying to hurry up and type this so I can go outside with the kids to
swim in the pool.

I for one have not forgot about OBS. I love all the time I have spent here.
I will always be here for OBS and it's players as long as it is up and running.
In fact for the ones who know me player account. last night was the last time you will see my char online. I banned my account last night.
So staffing is the only thing I will be doing from now on.
I try and check the forums a few times aday even if I don't have time to log in. So if you need something in game pm me and I will try my best to

Cheers and long live OBS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:12 am 

Yahoo Messenger: redraven799
But Drak you don't get it, most of the people that play here play only here and never have plans so they can't possibly understand what it's like to have them. Hell they can't even accept that other games exsist. :shock:

Lumbie - I've got wood! [ACME]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:50 am 

Quote:
But Drak you don't get it, most of the people that play here play only here and never have plans so they can't possibly understand what it's like to have them. Hell they can't even accept that other games exsist. :shock:
LOSERS!

Forum locked Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 40 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next