Go to page Previous 1 2 3

Do you think we need more active staff?
Yes  59%  [ 20 ]
No  41%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 34
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:29 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Well afew month ago i sent this pm to afew GM's because as most of you have prolly heard me say how bored etc i get blah blah lol, and i love helping noobs and showing them starting stuff like .help and where ppl hang out, i also liek to advise them on what kinda char to make first for gold/fun etc whatever they like...

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:25 am
Subject: Helping

Hey,
Ok this might sound nuts but bare with me lol im crap at explaining things in a pm.
I know alot of staff are against getting new players because of the way the shard is atm and with part of this I agree, but the new players we already do have it would be nice to keep them here playing. So what id like to ask is could i by any chance have permission to have a second account? This account would not be trained AT ALL, staff could even set all skills to 0 and lock them. If need be i wouldnt even leave cove but realisticly this will be a pain cos i couldnt show them how to travel the world etc, but i can assure you i would only keep chars that poofed so i couldnt be accused of having "2 player accounts" The second thing id like to ask is if i could place a house outside cove to store items such as weapons/armor/money etc what i could give away to noobies. If i get the permission to do this the only thing i would need staff for is to make me a new account. All the items/money etc i am willing to give away will come from my own player account and will be everything i have earned.
Basically i know alot about obsidian and i love to help out new players and this would give me the chance to show noobs the way obsidian works and also help the player base, then once they are trained up they will be hooked just like me and wont wanna quit just beacuse of afew bugs, because typically ppl dont understand what bugs there is (well major ones) untill they have a trained pvp char.
Dont get me wrong im NOT asking for a staff account this is purely just a player account which wont be trained up, so the two things i would need permission for is a; a second account
b; a house outside cove gates.
I would also keep the players named things like Here To Help, or Helper For New Players etc i wouldnt choose just normal player names.
Thanks for reading and i look forward to your reply.
Aimee

I thought this was a good idea and no before ppl complain i DO NOT want a staff account lol it was basically a player account with all stats/skills etc locked so i COULDNT train this second account and only help ppl in cove out because ive tryed sitting at cove gates helping them etc which no1 seems to trust me they think ima kill them if they come out lol. I thought this would of been a good way to keep players around and help them learn obsidian but unfortunatly staff didnt think it was a good idea atm :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:25 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
sounds like one of the best ideas in a long while IMHO good thinkin aimee
I would love to help you if you need it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:55 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: redraven799
Hell ya Aimee, best idea I've seen in a while. Wish I had that when I started, it would have helped a lot and I might have not made my char so crap to start.

Lumbie - I've got wood! [ACME]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:08 pm 

Really all you need there is a staff member that is mainly for cove but not one that is going to go on his staff account for a week an not drop off the face of the earth like half of the new staff have done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:24 pm 

WUDUN'T IT BE SIMPLAR IF WE'R WERE ALLWED BACK INTO CAVE LAIK OLD DAYZ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:13 pm 

Quote:
Exactly... this poofin out of cove cuz vets shouldn't be there sucks... it was done when staff wanted to baby the shard down back when weps wa snot allowed in town I learned alot pvpin with other new players and seein how older players played can I say Cove trades guild?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:35 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly... this poofin out of cove cuz vets shouldn't be there sucks... it was done when staff wanted to baby the shard down back when weps wa snot allowed in town I learned alot pvpin with other new players and seein how older players played can I say Cove trades guild?
Haha remember when there was KoN!??!

Blood all over Cove hahaha :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:45 am 

Well i also thought it was a great idea and something i would of enjoyed doing but staff said no :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:11 am 

They'll always say no, they want us to suffer with this shit they left us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:09 am 
Staff

If that's what you truly believe... you should consider finding another shard. Constantly insulting those running this shard, and going as far as to start opinionated polls just to get your own point across and further smear the shard is definitely NOT encouraging the shard owner to fix anything. Keep crap like this to yourself while the rest of us are appreciative of the fact that Obsidian is still running today.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 40 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3