It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:44 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Necromancy Patch!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:31 am 
Site Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
  • [--New Features--]
  • Necromancy - FINALLY DONE! Thanks to Jorus necromancy is finally up and running and kicks serious ass. Continuous updates and additions are expected as this is balanced. Necromancy also uses it's own skill called Necromancy which has nothing to do with magery. The skill is so mysterious the only way to see your exact rating is via necromancy spellbook. Below are a list of the spells.
    Light - 4 candles surround you so you can always see in the fight.
    Magic Armor - Still being developed
    Drain Stamina - A chance to drain all of your foes stamina.
    Reconstruct - Reconstruct you broken limbs.
    Web - Target a foe to surround them in a circle of webs.
    Total Protection - Gain the protection of multiple spells.
    Hallucination - A great spell used in pvp to make your foe go crazy.
    Drain Mana - Drain the mana of a foe and restore your own.
    Fire Bolt - Send a bolt of fire towards your foes.
    Drain Health - Drain the health of a foe to restore your own.
    Summon Undead - Summon the dead to help you in your battle
    Necro Spirits - Summon a strong spirit to this world but be careful it may attack you.
    Animate Dead - Resurrect a dead foe under your command.
    Death Flame - A flame enchanted with death to do great amounts of damage to your foes.
    Resurrection - Resurrect a dead companion but at a loss of some of your life force
    Undead Rage - Summon the power of your immortal god to give you strength to destroy your foe
  • New Runecodes - 5 new runecodes have been added...I wonder where they go?

[--Server Changes--]
  • Memory Added - An additional 256megs of SDRAM have been added to the server. This is necessary as our world continues to grow.
  • Network Datalink - We have made some major changes in the route the server is connected to the internet. This will hopefully speeds things up considerably.
Thanks again Jorus!

Last edited by Broadband on Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:37 am 
Sounds great :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 6:44 am 
Looks awesome...I gotta say, that apart from all the lag on yesterdays quest, this server has been one big...Erhh...What's the english word for the opposite of disappointment?

Aww screw it...I'll say in danish in stead...Denne her server er bare en stor optur...!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:37 am 

Quote:
Aww screw it...I'll say in danish in stead...Denne her server er bare en stor optur...!
And I'll translate into English :P :

This server is just one huge journey up (or something like that :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:20 am 
lol - Yeah, that's the direct, word for word, translation...But basically it's slang for something along the lines of:

So far my experiences on this server have been good, and as far as I can tell, things are only getting better... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:07 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I forsee a lot of necros with GM meditation appearing soon, real soon.

No regs to hold it back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:15 am 
nice :)

but duo has a good point, hmmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:52 am 
I've noticed that some of my necro spells don't work right. I was watching a new necro cast light in town, and he gets the candles, when I cast it, it works like night sight does. I made my necro a while back, long before the patch was fixed. Could it be that because I'm older the spells don't work right. (I can't summon necro spirits, and a few other spells don't even work at all, I'm kind of cunfused here).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:32 pm 
page me and i will fix it. page again when you log off your necro char away from a busy center and i can fix it even if you arnt on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:17 pm 
yeah... so i logged in today, and my necro spell book was gone! so i paged a gm and eh said that necro was still broke, and my book would come back when it was fixed.... i got all excited for nothing =p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:03 pm 
I was testing it today, and for the most parts, it seems balanced... since there's a very high mana cost, and spells require really high amounts of skill. Also, the gains are very very very very slow. But it seems good that way. That way we'll not have GM necros in a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:01 pm 
Yeah I'm still waiting on my necromancy to be fixed up. For the most part it seems like alot of fun. My only gripe is that switching books on the fly can be pretty nuts sometimes. If only there was a way to combine the spells into one book, or put the necro spells in the in game macros. All in due time I suppose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:30 pm 

I'm still all for taking away ALL mage spells from necros, since mages don't get only low level necro spells

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:35 pm 
If there would be some balance yeah, sounds good. Necros should have less spells, but like, they can't afford to have pointless ones. Just a few healing spells, damage spells, enough to make them a threat. It's hard to cast super quick when you gotta open up your book every time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:49 pm 
They do have less magic capability than a full mage...Their magery is capped at 80, so while they might get off a force 7 or 8 now and again, it's never gonna be anywhere close to reliable...

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next