It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 6:44 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 9 of 11   [ 157 posts ]
Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:10 pm 

are you crazy ??!?! stat fish for one fff to fix what you do to gain str b4 stat fish at all in addition you need magery as well so why am i gona bother spending all my money training a mage when i'm gona need the regs for the necro so i have magery just because necro is free to use doesn't mean the char is free to train oh and being as it's heavy on mana your gona need alot of int fish so thats alot of work fishen for me to use them on a char i'll prob never use if necro comes out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:21 pm 

wow

that was so important you posted it twice...

train the mage

when necros come out, train your necromancy skill (as stated before, free) and re-gather resources to train your magery on the necro.

You really should be able to get to 130 int without any fish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:42 pm 

Really if you do it right it is not that expensive to train a mage. Use mace to get to 100 str because mace fff is only 10k not 20. And hunt the water and fire shrines to get lots of bp and sa. The only thing that cost me alot on my pvp mage really is poison because i bought the ns. If I had to do it over again I would have made the pvmer first then I could have hunted everything i needed for the pvper. Other than that you have the stat fish but if you have a gm fsher that shouldn't be a problem either. The key to training chars is planning ahead, gather everything you need b4 hand so all you do is train, train, train. Trust me I have almost maxed out all my chars so I have become a bit of an expert on the subject. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:59 pm 

Careful belg, you're "clearly" being 'crazy' now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:38 pm 

i don't play every day and thus don't have time work a ton of chars

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:32 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
Really if you do it right it is not that expensive to train a mage. Use mace to get to 100 str because mace fff is only 10k not 20. And hunt the water and fire shrines to get lots of bp and sa. The only thing that cost me alot on my pvp mage really is poison because i bought the ns. If I had to do it over again I would have made the pvmer first then I could have hunted everything i needed for the pvper. Other than that you have the stat fish but if you have a gm fsher that shouldn't be a problem either. The key to training chars is planning ahead, gather everything you need b4 hand so all you do is train, train, train. Trust me I have almost maxed out all my chars so I have become a bit of an expert on the subject. :P
Talking to the expert then :wink: , personally, I'm now training a warrior, a pvm warrior (the tank kind, but not a mage tank), and I was thinking of starting a mage next, but I didn't know if I would make it directly pvp or make a pvm first. Is it useful to have two pvm chars ?
I guess there is a part of personal feeling on this, but as I don't know what the new kind of play looks like on Obsidian, I'm not sure about it. Is everyone fond of PVP (it seems so reading the current posts on the msg boards) or are there still some PVMers ? ^^

By the way, the new patch rocks ! I don't know what are the consequences on high level PVP, but for starting a new char that's way too cool.

Oh and I'm also waiting for necro news. Can't wait to play one again ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:39 am 

With the new patch I am not sure if a tank, (a tank is a warrior that also uses magery) would be as good as a pvm mage now but a pvm mage when built correctly is almost unstoppable. When you have high resist, gm parry, a good shield and 300+ str, you can pretty much go toe to toe with a lot of monsters that would kill a warrior in 2 or 3 hits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:49 am 

Quote:
With the new patch I am not sure if a tank, (a tank is a warrior that also uses magery) would be as good as a pvm mage now but a pvm mage when built correctly is almost unstoppable. When you have high resist, gm parry, a good shield and 300+ str, you can pretty much go toe to toe with a lot of monsters that would kill a warrior in 2 or 3 hits.
I agree with belgarion..

Pvm mages are ze shiat... I've put lots of effort to train mine.. and I can tell that with the perfect setup which belgarion mentioned you can easily beat any monster.. and if you know some additional trick u can beat some shadows too by yourself..

You cannot compare a pvm warrior to a pvm mage..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:04 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
yup and there basicly impossible to pk with a decent player behind them! el yay!
anyone try pvm with a tank? did that improve?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:53 pm 

Thanks for the tricks :D
Pvm mage sounds like a very interesting way, although I'm not looking for power but for fun first.
My first char I thought it to be a member of a group and he would play the role of the one taking most damage and being able to heal or being healed (why I called it tank, but I know it's different from tank mage here).
So now I guess the tough part will be to gather all the ressources to build a mage, as said earlier. :wink:

I'd quite try a pvm tank (mage) but I fear my knowledge of the shard is rather obsolete. The problem was the skill cap and I guess it still is, but that's what makes the challenge ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:00 pm 

Quote:
Thanks for the tricks :D
Pvm mage sounds like a very interesting way, although I'm not looking for power but for fun first.
My first char I thought it to be a member of a group and he would play the role of the one taking most damage and being able to heal or being healed (why I called it tank, but I know it's different from tank mage here).
So now I guess the tough part will be to gather all the ressources to build a mage, as said earlier. :wink:

I'd quite try a pvm tank (mage) but I fear my knowledge of the shard is rather obsolete. The problem was the skill cap and I guess it still is, but that's what makes the challenge ^^
oh mais t'es belgien? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:18 am 

Oui oui ! Belgique !
And speaking French and English. That's why my English isn't at top :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:51 am 

Quote:
Oui oui ! Belgique !
And speaking French and English. That's why my English isn't at top :P
Indeed I'm surprised that someone from belgium speak english.. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:56 pm 

Mages should be servants for warriors lol. Portal me to Yew, loser! Ha Ha Ha! I sell all the regs I get to vendors so that they will overcharge you guys when you have to buy em. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:10 pm 

Quote:
Mages should be servants for warriors lol. Portal me to Yew, loser! Ha Ha Ha! I sell all the regs I get to vendors so that they will overcharge you guys when you have to buy em. :evil:
Haha good way to make friends there buddy!

*Note to self: PK Rob...* lawl

But its still fun to watch them
fall down the stairs.
-------------------------------------------------------
Whisper Hunter- Tank-Mage (sort of lmao!)(GWAR)
Saga Hellfire- GM Tamer (TLC)
Raine- GM Macefighter (KoDR)

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 9 of 11   [ 157 posts ]
Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next