It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:37 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 4 of 6   [ 77 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:04 pm 

same here.....
guess i should have kept my dumbass mouth shut.
*but just for the record i only saw one person doing it :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:16 am 

Quote:
I love how people say shit like "well i'm on everyday I should be staff." And they are supposed to be like "yah, wow here you go.!" Giving the wrong people a staff account has done more damage to this shard than anything that has ever happened
Noone has ever been given a staff account simply because "they play alot".

In fact, the vast majority of the new staff recruited in the past few years, such as Echo, were taken in through the moderator system and recruited by me.

Exceptions would be GM Bob, or other moderators recruited through other forum admin when I wasn't available.
Daft comments like the one above seriously demotivate the senior staff, because you are essentially turning round and saying that we are incompetent.
As a matter of fact I'm a first line manager in real life so I probably know more about staff selection and recruitment than most here.
Of course there are staff that turn out to be bad apples, but there are examples (like Echo and the latest counselors) that make it all worthwhile.

You will find that when, and only when, the shard reaches a level of server and developmental stability (the latter of which is improving right now) we will look more into player and staff recruitment. Only the best candidates make it past moderator to become ingame staff.

I look forward to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:58 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

some of us get skill loss because of the age rollback. makes us overcapped w/o the vet bonuses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:28 pm 

its all good, i dont want to be staff anyway.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:28 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Any word on how the third test went?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:52 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I love how people say shit like "well i'm on everyday I should be staff." And they are supposed to be like "yah, wow here you go.!" Giving the wrong people a staff account has done more damage to this shard than anything that has ever happened
Noone has ever been given a staff account simply because "they play alot".

In fact, the vast majority of the new staff recruited in the past few years, such as Echo, were taken in through the moderator system and recruited by me.

Exceptions would be GM Bob, or other moderators recruited through other forum admin when I wasn't available.
Daft comments like the one above seriously demotivate the senior staff, because you are essentially turning round and saying that we are incompetent.
As a matter of fact I'm a first line manager in real life so I probably know more about staff selection and recruitment than most here.
Of course there are staff that turn out to be bad apples, but there are examples (like Echo and the latest counselors) that make it all worthwhile.

You will find that when, and only when, the shard reaches a level of server and developmental stability (the latter of which is improving right now) we will look more into player and staff recruitment. Only the best candidates make it past moderator to become ingame staff.

I look forward to it.

I don't think anything i said goes against staff recruitment, it was just a point of saying a staff account in the wrong hands can do alot of damage. I have been around long enough to know the way staff is recruited, that is why i said there is a process that they follow not just i play alot so give me a staff account. I think you may have misread what i was trying to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:58 am 

I know alot of people have asked if there will be a rollback.
I keep losing skills because of the age and overcap thing which doesnt bother me to much.
I aint played for afew months and im wanting to play again now, but i wanna know if i play while the work is being done will there be a rollback and will i lose all the stuff i hunt/craft/buy etc.
Please let us know staff :D
Also id like to say thank you on behalf of everyone who plays for all the time and hard work you guys put into the shard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:19 am 

Quote:
I love how people say shit like "well i'm on everyday I should be staff." And they are supposed to be like "yah, wow here you go.!" Giving the wrong people a staff account has done more damage to this shard than anything that has ever happened. That is why there is a process that they follow for staff members. And besides they are not going to be in a huge hurry to promote more staff when the average player count during peak times is around 5-10. :roll:
never said i wanted to be staff, im 100% sure ill never be staff. id rather have staff on and do damage rather than have 0 staff on. and maybe if we had more events we'd have more players? maybe if staff actually logged on people would play..this shard has been going to shit since i started to play, and hasnt gotten any better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:56 am 

rollbacks suck but i'd rather have a rollback vs losing everything ,and yes skill loss sucks but what ya gonna do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:08 am 

I dont mind rollbacks when they are needed, I would just love to know if there will be one incase i sit for hours fishing then there is a rollback and it was all a waste of time hehe.
Im just wondering if i should wait till its all sorted or if it will be fine to play now :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:29 pm 

Aimee: based on what's happened so far you might as well fish!

There's been 2 rollbacks, and each one was about 24 hours worth.

I highly doubt the shard will be rolling back a week or anything crazy like that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:59 pm 

i say again please sir no rollback

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:24 pm 

I vote rollback! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:09 am 

i vote rollback to lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:04 am 

i third the rollback motion! (heh. j/k)

i concur with oldman. i don't think there will be a major rollback. as if it matters what i think... ;)

(note to self: pay your house taxes you dumb-arse.)

edit: this thread just spawned a secret desire of mine. no, not staff but i totally crave to be a...Town Crier! as long as i couldn't be killed i would love to stand around for hours and shout out the time, tell people where to go for good deals and generally just flood the screen with text. maybe i could even be a "wandering" town crier! i think then that the "i can't be killed" ability would come in VERY handy. so, what do you all think? i do play alot. ;) <---(that's a joke, son. you're killin' me!)

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 4 of 6   [ 77 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next