It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:27 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 53 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:00 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Perhaps, if you decided on a percentage that the economy was inflated you could have compromised. Your example says people payed 3 times the original price. Perhaps a good solution would have been to delete 2 thirds of all gold? I am sure with your extensive scripting knowledge you could have even made it like taxes. The higher the total gold a player has(and this can be checked for even in houses) the higher the % they lose.

Example: player 1 has 5 million...he loses 3.5 million..about 70%
player 2 has 200 000...he loses 50 000...about 25%

This way, the ones who are most likely to have cheated(even though imo they spent it fast as they got it) lose the most %.

Then what this does, is NOT hurt the economy and alienate players. At least it would look like you cared a little. And it would allow the money to go at a less valued pace.....I am sure the gp count would be well below your starting numbers that you claim before the bug abuse started to occur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:20 am 

give us all like 10k so we can buy raw materials... lol as a gift...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:28 am 

Well, I think this kinda sucks too. I have worked hard all those years as well, earned my money by hunting and selling and crafting, and now when all of it is taken away just like that... well I find it hard to come back playing, risking it all being deleted in a month or so, when someone will find a new bug makes a lot of money and everything will be deleted once more .
You say that because of bugs people got rich and screwed the economy but seriously, the dupe bug has been informed to staff AGES ago, including invul and all the rest of the bugs. So basically what happened tons of critical bugs got piled up yet no action was to be made and people just kept abusing them, once in a while get caught and banned but still everyone is doing it everyone is using it. What I am trying to say is, why when the people responsible to the shard didn't take any actions for a long time, turns up decides to fix everything yet take everything away from us? Who's fault is it the economy got screwed due to bugs?
And even if so, a GM fisherman now goes fishing 24/7 because he needs to make money, you really think he will start selling str's for 2k? No way, he will stay at the prices as they were since we are all used to it. So in my opinion nothing has been done besides taking all our money.
To my final point, I think this is my good bye post, since yet again I believe this was an unnecessary act to do so I see no reason to play no more.
I do would like to THANK all the staff who gave a lot of hours without gaining anything, I had great times over the past 5-6 years or so here.
Thank you to Broadband,Cybervic, Sonne, Hydro, Platinum,Subcity ,Thassius, Echo And all other staff that I have forgot. And I also would like to thank some players who made my time here an unforgettable time and will remain my friends so thanks to : Darr, Redragon, Shooter, Aimee, Duck,Aleksander,Mephisto, Judas,Midnight,Terek Molt, and Barney,and of course the lovely Emma xxx.
Thank you guys for a great time! peace out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

aleksander, that example was just that, an example.
If we were going to do a % reduction, it would have be something on the order of at LEAST 90%+.

Str fish were just a simple example, and they've gone up well over 3x in price from where they original were/should be.

Again, even at that point the people who cheat benefit the most, and will still be able to throw their weight around economically.
Even if we reduced gold to 1%, there would still be 3+ active players with 1-2+ million.

The system was fubar.
Sorry it took so long to fix it, that's out of my hands.
And on the bottle duping bug, There was a fix for it when it came out. The fix wasn't applied correctly. So broadband thought it was fixed, it wasn't, and he was busy with life and we couldn't get him to look at it and believ it wasn't fixed.

Not my fault. All I can do now is try to fix the hell that's happened, return the shard to a balance state, and go from there.

Does it suck? Yes it sucks. Every person who was part of the discussion about it, with the exception of broadband, had player chars who worked the hard way to earn gold, and build up their own personal million+ fortunes.
So yes we know exactly what it causes.
However on that same note, it was also what needed to be done.
Economies have ripple effects, and 2+ years of bugged npcs, rampant bug abuse, etc, has fubared all parts of the economy. The only way you can say that everything you earned was completely legit and inbalance was if you played over 3 years ago, and stopped playing anything more than really occasional chatting around 2.5 years ago.
And yes, 2 of the players on the discussion panel had done just that, they are from an era when a million gold is a huge deal, not 10 hours of hunting in destard.
They knew exactly what was being asked, and how much it sucks. And they agreed to it.

I can't change the past, I can't change the neglect the shard went through before broadband trusted the current staff enough to let us help him out and work when he gets too busy to do so. Would I have liked to see the bug not there? Sure. Could I do anything at the time? Nope.

All I can do is try to get the shard balanced and fun again, and ensure that it doesn't get neglected again.

As for rmx's question. If you have someone selling str fish at 10k a pop under the new system, with the gold wiped, people won't buy it. because 10k in a balanced system is worth a LOT more than 10k in the busted imbalanced system we had.
The economy nautralizes at approximately 1 hour of hunting = 1.5 hours of a craft skill, mostly due to boredom factor.
This varies a bit, but that's where it sat for years before things got imbalanced. And even now, that's around where it sits even in the broken system.
Once gold is returned to its normal rates, you'll see prices naturally drop down, because no one's going to pay 5 hours of hunting gold, for 1 hour of fishing items.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:56 pm 

You know, it's really sad when I myself have only seen Broadband (The admin) 2 times I have played on this so called shard. Maybe if broadband would just hand over the shard to someone who would be active instead of being dormant for about 4 years, MAYBE things would just get better. It's not like it can make anything worse than what it already is. If you guys would have taken action when the problem was confronted, we wouldn't be in this situation today. But the really sad thing is that there are about 2-3 staff active. Why don't you demote 3/4 of the staff and actually hire some people that actually are active and enjoy helping
others. If you really think about it, if there were more active staff in the past, say around 10, I don't think players would have wanted to take that chance of the 10 staff online and get caught duping bottles.

Last edited by Apocalypse on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:00 pm 

Quote:
Maybe if broadband would just hand over the shard, MAYBE things would just get better. It's not like it can make anything worse than what it already is. If you guys would have taken action when the problem was confronted, we wouldn't be in this situation today.
Hey yeah! What a great idea man! Maybe he'll hand over his RealLife small business to us as well! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:10 pm 

well thats just rude to say.
were finally getting things fixed and youre going to bitch.

lover lover lover lover lover ed lover

blue
red
green
yellow
orange
black

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:47 pm 

It's not bitching, I for one feel that I have the right to say what's on my mind when I have been playing for 5 years on a certain shard giving out numerous hours of my life before I am leaving. And I am not leaving with a grudge, there might be a day I will come again and log in , but that is only going to happen as fancypants said, if there will be a big active player base again. I just feel that someone who starts now, and me a relative veteran player have the same amount of money and the same amount of resources or whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:52 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
I really don't like it when people complain about the staff... is it their fault that there were bug abusers? and will be more in the future because if there is one thing i have noticed in my time here its this :things get "broken" DEAL WITH IT your gold is gone I'm sure you all have things laying around in your houses that is enough to buy a new house and keep going I made 13k today selling junk from ONE house...I believe I have 6.... before they remembered that there was gold on the vendors I had got mine bought a new house AND moved everything from a mining shack with no poly thats before i knew i could use the new command :lol: and ya know what im fine with it. cause they are right hiding gold on a vendor would have been easy for the cheaters.

as for people complaining about inactive staff....most of us have had "obs downtime" it happens, if you don't like some of the people here drive them off DO SOMETHING YOURSELF instead of piss and moan that staff don't do enough.

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:09 pm 

Quote:
I really don't like it when people complain about the staff... is it their fault that there were bug abusers? and will be more in the future because if there is one thing i have noticed in my time here its this :things get "broken" DEAL WITH IT your gold is gone I'm sure you all have things laying around in your houses that is enough to buy a new house and keep going I made 13k today selling junk from ONE house...I believe I have 6.... before they remembered that there was gold on the vendors I had got mine bought a new house AND moved everything from a mining shack with no poly thats before i knew i could use the new command :lol: and ya know what im fine with it. cause they are right hiding gold on a vendor would have been easy for the cheaters.

as for people complaining about inactive staff....most of us have had "obs downtime" it happens, if you don't like some of the people here drive them off DO SOMETHING YOURSELF instead of piss and moan that staff don't do enough.
Yeh it is staff's fault there are bug abusers, if we had more active staff on everyday, im pretty sure no one would take the chance of getting caught a abuse a bug =\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:37 pm 

Website: http://www.facebook.com/editbadge.php?bid=2100#/profile.php?id=515737718&ref=profile
OMG i can't believe i sold too very rare dresses for a mill so i cud have a mill gp :( BOOO! I just realized how much that blows! Cant u roll back 2 b4 i sold them haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:37 pm 

Quote:
Yeh it is staff's fault there are bug abusers, if we had more active staff on everyday, im pretty sure no one would take the chance of getting caught a abuse a bug =\
That logic is like blaming Microsoft that your machine got a nasty virus and had to be formatted again to fix the problem because a hacker found a hole to exploit. Blame the damn hacker man! OK, I do admit that blaming M$ for EVERYTHING is pretty fun :lol:

Last edited by Wizard_of_Gore on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:39 pm 

Quote:
OMG i can't believe i sold too very rare dresses for a mill so i cud have a mill gp :( BOOO! I just realized how much that blows! Cant u roll back 2 b4 i sold them haha
*remembers when he had offers of 500,000 and up for a house in an unguarded area in Britain he owned that got demolished 2 weeks later*

:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:41 pm 

Quote:

It's not staff's fault there are bug abusers, but it is staff's fault that there are bugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:42 pm 

Yeah! And the Sphere developers! Damn them too!!! lol

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 53 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next